Thread: Article: Total War: Rome II - Guide to Politics & the Family Tree

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Article: Total War: Rome II - Guide to Politics & the Family Tree

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: Total War: Rome II - Guide to Politics & the Family Tree

Solid work along with the wiki article, thank you.

Default Re: Article: Total War: Rome II - Guide to Politics & the Family Tree

The guide didn't tell me anything I didn't already know , as the family tree and politics is one of my favorite aspects of the game. I spend A LOT of time in the family tree / politics menus .

BUT I wanted to PRAISE this guide anyway.

I really like the emphasis on WHAT is what , WHAT to do , and HOW to do it.

Such an emphasis makes for a boring read. --- But the point of a how - to guide is not to entertain , but to instruct.

Ideally a How - to guide is supposed to help someone who does NOT KNOW what they are doing.

That is why they are reading the guide.

Kudos to you then for putting together a How - To guide that actually tells you how to.

--- Also , thanks for linking to it often on Steam.

I monitor the Steam comments for this game regularly , and politics / the family tree seems to be one of the , maybe the most , little understood aspects of the game.

A shame . I don't own every Total War title , but I own most , and Rome Total War 2 has the most immersive , involved , and complex political / family tree mechanic .
    Last edited by kesa82; November 29, 2021 at 05:48 PM. Reason: adding one more point