Thread: Is the mod dead ?

Default Is the mod dead ?

No news for a while......

Default Re: Is the mod dead ?

Far from dead mate

I can't remember exactly when it was but I feel like in the relative scale of total war modding the last big update just game out.

Anyway I'm excited to one day have an updated map, but otherwise the mod is in a very good spot right now. Just go play it

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

The mod suffered clinical death for approximately two minutes at 7:10 AM on November 1st, 2021, but was revived without any signs of brain damage in the emergency room by a heroic medical team of doctors and nurses at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.

So go ahead and thank them while booting up the game and playing it, because it was almost given a proper military funeral. One day that will surely happen, but you can always visit the game's grave at the Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia to pay your respects with a flower bouquet.

All hail the victorious dead and the righteous among the living who so gallantly sacrificed life and limb to modify M2TW Kingdoms for you. Amen!

However, with one exception:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The traitor modder known by his 90s hacker name Gustave shall be forever cast into the flames of Hades and into the triple mouths of Cerberus for his unspeakable crimes against the TWC modification team.

No, there was a huge update just recently. On average there's a few months to a year between major releases and lots of smaller update patches in between.

On the contrary, but the current homicidal AI is making the wait for the next version feel a lot longer than reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    On the contrary, but the current homicidal AI is making the wait for the next version feel a lot longer than reality.
    You're talking about the CA right? Because I'm pretty sure the BA is unfixable.

Genava's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheScrooge View Post
    Is the mod dead ?
    Absolutely not.
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Quote Originally Posted by Cleitus the Pink View Post
    You're talking about the CA right? Because I'm pretty sure the BA is unfixable.
    Indeed, the constant cycles of war followed by instant peace followed by war followed by peace is pretty tiresome.

Yeah the current ai is a nightmare. Tried my first Pergamon game. During the last 20 turns the Sauromatae, the Bosporan kingdom and the Getai (my ally for 80 turns) tried to conquer Nikaia. None of those countries own provinces close to that Nikaia and I have a full stack there. Macedonia controls Byzantion which nobody has besieged during the last 100 turns. It's just loony toons. Maybe I will try to revert back to the old ai.

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Maybe I will try to revert back to the old ai.
    If you find a way please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    If you find a way please let me know.

There is a thread by shoebopp Tentative fix for homicidal ai. Maybe try that?

News when ?

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheScrooge View Post
    News when ?
    After the recent update? It's going to be a while before any news at all probably at 1 or 2 years. We just have to wait until future news.

Also it's quite funny that despite the title it quicly evolve into one of the more active thread.

Still working on getting a Release 4 out, no idea when, though.