Thread: cant mod projectile ranges and a mortar bug

Default cant mod projectile ranges and a mortar bug

I have done some basic modding for Empire, Napoleon, and Shogun 2 but I've been trying to mod the ranges of a few artillery units for a few days now to no avail. I feel like I've missed a step because the files are behaving like Med 2 if you dont change the preferences file, that being that the changes I've made are saved, but the game is reverting back to the original version. I'm not very used to using DBeditor and have done most of my modding with PFM.
    I've also noticed a bug with the mortars, I can't tell them to attack ground or units. If I try, they treat it as a move order.

Default Re: cant mod projectile ranges and a mortar bug

This is the same issue as the previous recent post -Unable to change musket range Started by volleyfire, dated Sept 24th

There are Projectiles files in the DM packs for extra smoke -DME_BSM_Light, DME_BSM_ON.pack and DME_BSM_Off

Depending on what options you select from the DME launcher these will may get copied to the Data folder and then take priority over the Projectiles settings in DME_darthmod.pack.
    You will have to edit the BSM pack file being used for whatever option you select for a campaign.