Thread: Warhammer III pre-order leaked.

Default Warhammer III pre-order leaked.

It was Nagash all along:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There has been some disappointment, because that probably means the Ogres will receive a smaller allocation of the overall budget than the average faction DLC, but the biggest question is what the second DLC faction (following the Chaos Dwarfs) will. Japan and India would normally have been the obvious candidates, because they are exotic and quite strong in modern popular culture, but Creative Assembly has ruled them out. That limits the available options significantly. Hobgoblins or Dogs of War are rather obscure and I don't see how they can generate as hype as the Vampire Coast, whose success largely depended on the piratical theme and Johnny Depp's blockbuster.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Warhammer III pre-order leaked.

If they plan to update game 1 or game 2 races as well, they have years of DLC ahead of them anyway

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

What a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    There has been some disappointment, because that probably means the Ogres will receive a smaller allocation of the overall budget than the average faction DLC, but the biggest question is what the second DLC faction (following the Chaos Dwarfs) will. Japan and India would normally have been the obvious candidates, because they are exotic and quite strong in modern popular culture, but Creative Assembly has ruled them out. That limits the available options significantly. Hobgoblins or Dogs of War are rather obscure and I don't see how they can generate as hype as the Vampire Coast, whose success largely depended on the piratical theme and Johnny Depp's blockbuster.
    I'd say Dogs of War/Southern Realms and Nagas of Khuresh are the most likely candidates. I don't really see how the Hobgoblins or Kurgan/Hung could bring enough unique stuff to warrant a Race DLC. Both seem more fit for a Savage Orc like setup, hopefully with a slightly more expanded roster.

Anyone noticed the map reveal at https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...ammer-iii-faq/

It seems that the realms of Chaos are there in the polar region, but can't make much about the map otherwise

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

I'll reserve my final judgement on the map for a clearer reveal but this does not look good and has killed a good part of the hype I had for the game for now. The Darklands seem as neglected as they were for decades by GW, I don't count more than four or five provinces with a potential Chaos Dwarf presence. The Eastern Steppes, supposedly vast lands inhabited by Hobgoblins, Kurgan and Hung are reduced to some very slim provinces. Cathay is squished in a corner and not really looking like the greatest realm of Men. And to top it off the whole mortal part of the map is warped in a rather unpleasant way. I don't think the addition of the Realms of Chaos is a good design decision by CA but then I might be biased as I really don't care for Chaos as anything but antagonists.

Patrician Artifex

That image is not an in-game view of the full map, but an image of a paper map map coming with a special edition of the game no? As the folds show. And we are not sure the map is fully unfolded: there are some strange marks at the top right. And the left part is partly hidden by the box cover, and Kislev is also hidden. We can see parts of text on the west side, it means there's is another part hidden. Maybe East side too.
    So there could be more on the top, bottom, right or west when unfolded. Maybe one more fold to each direction? What if a part of Naggaroth is visible on the other side of the Chaos Realms?

The logo at the bottom right is my main concern, since it may be placed at the limit of the map. But there is clearly a suspicious horizontal line at the top right that looks like a fold.

And the combined map will probably be completly different if they want to add Lustria, Southlands or Ulthuan.

Some are using the reference to Game 1 map, with some shrouds, lifted when expanding the map for ME, and a warped / croped Lustria and Southlands as indication of bleak future...

But maybe CA misjudged the success of Warhammer, and did not plan enough space in Game 1 map, which was used as a "reserved area" to expand to generate ME. See the area on the East, which was maybe plan for Chaos Dwarves and the Ogres, without the idea to go as far as Cathay.

Game 3 map is completly new, centered on Chaos Waste as the primary theme of the game. And it's already going farther West than I expected, Norsca and the Empire seems to be fully included.

And they need to make Immortal Empire a NEW map. It cannot be ME map with the North East corner filled, nor the Game 3 map with a few parts shrouded parts added. I think CA knows very well how disappointed by Lustria / Southlands cropping a lot of players are. They need to also add Naggaroth, Ulthuans... With enough settlements and regions for DE, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings...

So the Immortal Empire map maybe very different from the map we have here, and I hope addresses a lot of issues.

I'm not concerned by recolored Chaos Warriors or missing units in a roster, all this can be fixed later with DLC, FLC, or mods.

My only real concern, and I'm waiting with a mix of eagerness, hope, an a bit of fear, is to see what CA actually make for the combined map. Because if they fall short with that, it will be very hard to improve later.
    Last edited by Steph; November 06, 2021 at 12:20 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Apparently the map IS the full map (comment from CA_Simone). This is quite disappointing. It means than Grand Cathay is actually not a core race of Game 3. Small Cathay is.

It is probably for sure that this map is the Warhammer III specific campaign map, not the full Mortal Empires combined map. But you are right, a lot of squeezing has been done but i think we dont know for sure how it will play out until the release or campaign gameplay.

Patrician Artifex

Yes, the Warhammer III specific map, not the full map, but I had some hopes a few areas around the edge where not fully shown, but apparently it's not the case.