Thread: Settlement by the Sea

Default Settlement by the Sea

I was looking up map region ID #s using the TW Map Reader and it showed an error that a settlement was bordering a region. I fired up Geomod to look up where the issue was and found this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It does not show up as an error in the Geomod logs or the games error logs. When using Geomod this region cannot be selected for modification. I am wondering what kind of adverse effects this has on the game because it doesn't seem to be the cause of anything bad but who can say for sure.

If region pixels were added around the settlement above would that affect the shape of the region if the map_ground_types and map_heights are left untouched?

EDIT: The above is not the error, I was looking at map coordinates and not the image coordinates. I fixed that issue but then this issue here cropped up, so I should re-title this post as Settlements by the Sea. This is much trickier because it involves very beautiful custom settlements. Here we see what the regions look like around Pera and Constantinople.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Pera being the blue region with its port touching Constantinople.

EDIT2: After monkeying around with things, I have determined that what can be fixed, has been fixed and that the errors that pop up in Geomod and the Map Reader can be lived with as they do not cause crashes that I am aware of. This post can be deleted if a moderator likes because I do not see any purpose for it at this time.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; November 02, 2021 at 02:50 AM.

Default Re: Settlement by the Sea

I don't know of any errors resulting from settlements being put on tiles adjacent to sea tiles.

It wasn't the sea tiles, that I found were the issue but settlements adjacent to other regions.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Yup, standard error - a settlement borders two regions, thereby messing with the 'settlement to region' allocation, curious that it doesn't happen with harbors as well, or does it here, too? I suppose if Peru didn't have a harbor already it might. Personally I usually try to avoid diagonal (corner] connections as well.