Default Re: A new map and a new SPQR experience

What new changes to gameplay?
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Libertus

Some of the changes are:

- reworked the entire north-west of Africa;
    - other changes here and there to the map, like changes to the road connections, some resource replacement, some towns or regions names corrections and other minor changes;
    - the latin hastati and latin principes have the same shield color, on the battlefield, as on the unit card;
    - some changes to the starting towns;
    - some buildings bonusses adjustments;
    - some regions base unrest adjustments;
    - changes to mercenaries recruitment pools;
    - changed the regions where you can recruit principes and triarii. The regions from where you can recruit them now are the regions held by the roman empire before the Marian reforms took place. There are some new regions from where you can recruit them now, but not that many as before;
    - because the ai does not recruit chariots and I didn't found any workaround I forced some chariots spawning through the script, for the sake of diversity;
    - the units which are spawned through the script, when you lay siege on a town, have now an +3 xp points;
    - corrected some units voice responses when you give them orders. There were some units which didn't respond upon receiving orders. There are also still some left without voice responses like many mercenaries units. But I think that those units need a complete new voice response. Not just generic ones, something more specific. Probably new voice responses needs to be recorded;
    - adjusted the win conditions for the romans;
    - added some starting ship fleets to the other factions, because sadly the ai does not build up fleets;
    - and probably other small adjustments which I have forgotten about.
    Last edited by ovidiu; April 12, 2023 at 11:01 PM.

I'd love to try this via an official patch. Is there an ETA?
    "Si muy grand tu pro puedes fazer, nol des vagar que se pueda perder."

Hey Ovidiu!

I'm further along in my campaign, past the Marian reforms etc and I'm at war with the Senate now (They declared on me)

I am having an issue though, I get a CTD mid-loading screen whenever I try to enter a battle with the Senate? I'm not sure what could be causing it. I tried reloading different earlier saves, and also trying to fight smaller battles (1v1 armies) on different terrain and it still CTDs.

Not sure is this is a bug? I did edit my Export descr units just to make some unit sizes bigger etc but If there was an issue there the game wouldn't load at all correct?

Any help would be appreciated, really enjoying the update! Thank you again!

Libertus

Hello Victory or Valhalla.

Normally that should have not happened.
    At the moment I can not say I know the reason for this. I must investigate it a bit. For that I will need some of your game files, like your savegame file, the files that you modified and map.rwm file.

PM me for this.

I PMed you! I ended up just auto resolving all the battles with SPQR (I know unfortunate those ones are typically very epic!) I appreciate any insight into what issues I may have caused with my minor edits, other than that CTD everything is working fine in my campaign.

Just to let you know, I replaced the esport descr unt file with the original loaded the save and the battles load fine against SPQR, I'm not sure exactly what I changed to set it off. It definitely isn't an error on your part!

Update: I solved my own issue! I made it so SPQR had centurion_2 as an officer on the light auxilia because I added Republican Centurions to auxilia to match the republican era legions I was using mainly. Turns out SPQR doesn't have a model for republican era centurion.

Everything is solved! Thank you for your continued work on this, Everything is working just fine my bad! haha
    Last edited by Victory or Valhalla; October 01, 2023 at 02:44 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12