Thread: v0.9 - Preview and Developement Thread - RECRUITING

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default v0.9 - Preview and Developement Thread - RECRUITING

Well, as I said in the othed thread, HannibalExMachina gave me access to the unreleased mod files some time ago....

I now finally had a bit of time to start working on this, in order to release something... Mergor will be helping out a lot with this, especially the campaign. Currently, we are trying to figure out whats finished by the original team, and whats not... and it appears that mostly very little is finished tbh , especially in regards to the new factions... But we will for sure manage to release something eventually, because it would be really shame if all this work got never released... but it will be basically 0,8 on new map, at least for the beginning, as unless someone who can make new units join, we cant really flesh out the new factions in terms of units... so the new french factions will moreless have to be copies of Kingdom of France for now. (the additional german factions were already somewhat fleshed out in the previous versions).

Anyways, do not makeany big hopes yet ...

The main thing thats finished for 0.9 is the map, so we can have some small previews for that at least, to begin with. Unforunately, it seems that the map previews in the original preview thread disappeared (as its a really long ago....), so you cant see the map physically... we will showcase parts of it again, when its properly filled with factions and characters. So for now lets showcase other interestng map features...

The list of factions is following:
    Kingdom of Denmark = Kongeriget Danmar
    Kingdom of Poland = Krolestwo Polskie
    Obotrite Confederation = Obodryci
    Duchy of Saxony = Herzogtum SachsenFranconia = Duchy of = Herzogtum Franken
    Duchy of Lower Lorraine = Herzogtum Oberlothringen
    Duchy of Upper Lorraine = Herzogtum Unterlothringen
    Duchy of Swabia = Herzogtum Schwaben
    Kingdom of Burgundy = Königreich Burgund
    Duchy of Bavaria = Herzogtum Bayern
    Duchy of Bohemia = České knížectví
    Duchy of Carinthia = Herzogtum Kärnten
    Margraviate of Austria = Markgrafschaft Österreich
    County of Savoy = Comté de Savoie
    Margraviate of Lombardy = Marca de Lombarda
    Margraviate of Tuscany = Marca de Toscana
    Republic of Venice = Serenissima Repubblica di San Marco
    Kingdom of Hungary = Magyar Királyság
    Papal States = Patrimonium Sancti Petri
    Duchy of Apulia and Calabria = Ducato di Puglia e Calabria
    Kingdom of Aragon = Reino de Aragón
    Duchy of Aquitaine = Duché d'Aquitaine
    County of Tolouse = Comté de Toulouse
    Duchy of Brittany = Duché de Bretagne
    County of Anjou = Comté d'Anjou
    County of Flanders = Comté de Flandres
    Kingdom of France = Royaume de France
    Kingdom of England
    Kingdom of Scotland = Rěoghachd na Alba
    County of Blois = Comté de Blois
    Rebels

On the following map, you can see map of regional loyalties (to which faction is the population loyal to... Is not possible to assign it to rebels, therefore some "no one's" lands had to be assigned to neighboring factions), this does not necessarily shows starting positions as well, as that may differ a bit

(The colours of factions and the regions may still slightly change)

And one the following map, you can see settlements, regions and a bit of heights map.

(and yes, those rivers are "sea rivers", so they can be made sailable.... there are plenty other normal rivers of course)

If there is anyone who can help please let me know, that would be greatly appreciated, as otherwise it will be really difficult to flesh the alpha out.

Also, if you perhaps know some mods from a similar time period with a similar faction focus, let me know, as perhaps we would be able to use such features.

EDIT

Also keep in mind that there are the older versions that were released in the other sticky thread (the most up to date is version 0.8). You guys can check them out, to get acquainted with the mod a bit, if you havent yet
    Last edited by Jadli; December 11, 2021 at 11:46 AM.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Developement of 0.9 alpha - Preview Thread

What in the goddamn + rep
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Default Re: v0.9 - Preview and Developement Thread - RECRUITING

Would you be able to use gigantus's tool geomod or not? bc i can use that for putting in new settlements. Looks like you did not give many settlements to Scandinavia or Africa. Idk how to make new units so making new regions, settlements, and provinces with geomod tool is what i am good at ( with geomod tool of course ).

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

The war for the title of western roman emperor begins
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Gaming Emeritus

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Would you be able to use gigantus's tool geomod or not? bc i can use that for putting in new settlements. Looks like you did not give many settlements to Scandinavia or Africa. Idk how to make new units so making new regions, settlements, and provinces with geomod tool is what i am good at ( with geomod tool of course ).
    Good. Well, the settlements are at max (199). The v0.9 was supposed to be set at the western/central Europe, so I would leave that as it is, there are no factions spots left for other factions anyway. The map was basically finished and ready by the original team and is ready to be used, so I take that as the starting stone for us.

If I simplify this very much, we just need to add the factions to the campaign . Though its ofc gonna be more complex than that...

So no need to work on the map much further (the little bits I can do myself if needed), but if you are interested in other kind of help (such as modelling, rewritting export_decr_buildings, traits/ancillaries, balancing, etc), that would be greatly appreciated, lemme know

Gaming Emeritus

Also, considering the scale and purpose of the mod, I think it would be very fitting to use papal system for the Holy Roman Emperor, instead of pope. As thats the only way to properly represent imperial mechanics, elections, reich bans and so on (in the previous versions, such as 0.8, its done by some scripts, but they dont work that well, especially for AI obviously). So in the extension of it, religion would more of represent "governance" i.e, which realm is the faction belonging to. As The Empire was often trying to subjugate its neighbors, using conversion scripts for possibly subjugating them would be very interesting. Though, the main issue of all is going to be picking the papal faction, as it cant shift... I suppose it will have to be the faction, that starts with an emperor...or perhaps repurposing the pope faction....

More info on how to have a playable horde is in this thread https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-papal_faction

Considering that basically every faction except one in this mod are catholic, using religion "as a religion" wouldnt be the most useful anyway... Though, this will probably come after the alpha, as we first need to get the base version to work in some way...

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Leave the horses last. When TGC will be released i might have a part time to make some horse models for knights , esquires etc... like this one:

The knight was made years ago by Pacco but if it fits the time frame i could sent him to you to use him as basis for similar knights of every country.
    This horse can be edited with more simpler sudle for low rank knights:

Its my contribution: You can download it from TWC here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4413
    It can be used for knights like this German Knight of Northern Italy.

With this pic you get the idea,

French knight:

Bawarian knight :

EDIT: The old team were good friends of mine. So consider this as a gift to them.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; November 10, 2021 at 12:29 PM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gaming Emeritus

Oh, this is great, thank you! Once I put the mod in some shape thats ready for importing stuff, I will look into this.

As of now, Im mainly just trying to make the thing work

Foederatus

Awesome!!! Thanks for continuing this really incredible mod

Gaming Emeritus

Well, some small (map) preview... . Its basically "only" importing 0.8 stuff to 0.9 map, so this is mainly about previewing the new map. (Though consdiering this mod is very old, I assume all the stuff is new to most ppl )

And surprise suprise, I start with the czech faction

Ceske Knizectvi
    (Duchy of Bohemia, later to become Kingdom of Bohemia/Czech Kingdom)

After the Great Moravia fell to the raids of the Avars in the seventh century, Bohemia's Slavic inhabitants came (in the ninth century) under the rule of the Přemyslid dynasty. With Bohemia's conversion to Christianity in the ninth century, close relations were forged with the East Frankish kingdom, then part of the so-called Carolingian empire, later the nucleus of the Holy Roman Empire of which Bohemia was an autonomous part from the tenth century, encompassing the duchy of Moravia as well. Vratislav Premyslovec, he current ruler of Bohemia is making a bold move; he is planning on becoming a king, through the support of emperor Henry Salian during the Investiture Controversy war against papal supporters. If he succeeds, Bohemia may dominate the Holy Roman Empire. However, the path to success in the empire will be tough, as the enemies of Henry Salian crowned their own counter-king, Rudolf of Rheinfelden, Duke of Swabia, and he has indeed many supporters. Several of those supporters border the lands of Bohemia, including the powerful dukedom of Saxony, Bavaria and margraviate of Austria. One of the main competitors to Vratislav is its southern neighbor, Austria. If it defeats Austria, then Bohemia could become the dominant state in the eastern part of the empire. Should the civil war be lost, suke Vratislav would pay a great price...

Duke Vratislav however also has to deal with internal dangers, as there is lot of enmity between him and his three brothers. As per tradition, in this time Premyslovec dynasty uses seniority, and other heirs receive junior duke titles in Moravia, namely duchy of Olomouc, Brno and Znojmo. Two of his brothers, Konrad and Ota, are dukes in Moravia, while the third brother, Jaromír, is bishop of Prague. To counter the influence of Jaromír, Vratislav created new moravian diocese in Olomouc, although that resulted into a further conflict that had to be resolved by a papacy. Another danger to Vratislav might also be his ambitious son Bretislav, who is unhappy about the power of his uncles and that he is not an heir...

Map

Family:

Units:

Bohemian Nobles

Dismounted Bohemian Nobles

Feaudal Knights

Bohemian Wars Serveants

Bohemian Archers

Slavic Cavalry

Armoured Sergeants

For comparison, there is the old Bohemia from 0.8, so that you can see the increased scale of the new map
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Anyway, the ambition right now is to basically import 0.8 features and campaign to the new map, and make some playable beta based on it. That could be done relatively soon, but a lot will remain to be finished, such as titles for all the new regions and units for new factions.... As Im not sure whether I/we have enough motivation for the latter, for now we stick to the first part, so that at least something gets released after 10 years ...
    Last edited by Jadli; December 11, 2021 at 02:17 PM.

Why does bohemia have two units that look the same? Each faction should have the same amount of infantry, missle units, and cavalry. The idea behind Bohemia sounds very well done and I cannot wait for more!! I hope to see more development soon!!

Gaming Emeritus

Thank you!

I believe one of the twins is used for generals bodyguard. I will for sure make them unavailable in the custom battle selection

Gaming Emeritus

Oh, and I figured I should haved some actual unit previews

Added into the post

Gaming Emeritus

a small quick (map) preview for Margraviate of Austria

In Carolingian times and during the early Middle Ages, the core of territory that would become the Archduchy of Austria was known as marchia orientalis or "eastern march". Ethnic German migrants displaced earlier Slavic populations in the 9th and 10th centuries and, after the Battle of Lechfeld in 955, the area became one of the marches of the Holy Roman Empire and was given a margrave around 960. From 976, the territory was ruled by the Babenberg dynasty and it came to be known as Ostarrîchi ("Eastern Realm"), the linguistic ancestor of the German name for Austria, Österreich. With the Lay Investiture Controversy reaching its height, Austria has been dragged into it, as margrave Leopold von Babbenberg took the side with the Pope against the Holy Roman King.

Through actions of defiance against the holy roman king, margraviate of Austria may assert more independence within the empire, should the counter king win. During the civil war, the Babenbergs also need use the opportunity secure their position in the east of the Empire, as both their neighbors, Přemyslid dynasty of Bohemia and von Eppenstein dynasty of Carinthia, have been growing in power immensely, while both also took the side with the holy roman king Henry Salian. Leopold may now be able to gain a significant victory in the south, as Ottakar von Trangau married into Babenberg family and controls margraviate of Styria. However, Styria is also claimed by Ottakar's brother Adalbert, supported by the Eppensteins Carinthia...

and a family tree

Also, I suppose that if you like the mod you should follow it on moddb https://www.moddb.com/mods/das-heilige-romische-reich
    Last edited by Jadli; January 06, 2022 at 03:05 PM.

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Wait?? why is Ireland fully taken over by England??
    England is in Dublin area. For most of Ireland's Medeival history Ireland is under the control of the Gaelic Kings.
    If your looking for help with Irish history, I would be more then happy.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Gaming Emeritus

Its not the map of starting regions, but map of regional loyalities... unfortunately, as there is no irish faction and it is not possible to set loyalty to rebels, the only reasonable faction to give the loyalty to is England....

In campaign, they will likely be rebel indeed... this map was mainly just to showcase regions, and factions to some extent...

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

This looks fantastic! I really hope you can get this to a playable state. One thing that struck me about the campaign map: a couple of settlements names are off on the map in the OP (e.g. Villach (Murcia), Leicester (Algiers) and Sirmium (Belgrade). Also, the cities of Freiburg and Bern didn't exist in 1180. Consider replacing them with, for example, Stuttgart and Basel. There might be some more anachronisms, but some of them are probably unavoidable.
    Consider substituting Merseburg for Zeitz, Newcastle for Berwick, and Dumbarton shouldn't be spelled Dunbraton (if you want to use the Gaelic name, that'd be Důn Breatann, but according to this logic Perth should be Sanct John's Toun and so on. Austria is very sparsely populated, I'm not sure if that's intentional/historically accurate/conducive to gameplay.
    Nitpicking aside: keep it up!
    Aut prodesse voluit aut delectare auctor aut simul et iucunda et idonea dicere vitae.

Medieval II Stuff: Medieval & Viking Invasion music addon | Bellum Crucis Enhanced All-In-One | Elendil's Font Packs & Eye Candy | Alba di Rinascita - Fonts pack (included in the former) | The Eldar Scrolls - Fonts pack