Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 098 teaser: EVENTS' PICS by Cephalophore

Default Re: 098 teaser: EVENTS' PICS by Cephalophore

These look amazing.

Are you doing loading screens from the same sources? I compiled a bunch from medieval manuscript art a while back, mainly battle scenes and stuff if you're interested.
    Winter is Coming

Thanks Vltima. I have considered changing the loading screens too. The thing is that some of the guys have added their own and I would feel guilty replacing their stuff! And yes, I am always interested in medieval manuscript art if you have it.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Changing loading screens is not a complicated thing. Just create a loading_screen folder and replace the old ones with new ones at your convenience.

You can suggest this folder in the SSHIP submods thread.

Personally, I would like all screens in the game to be images of the game's battles in all territories and all eras between the 12th and 16th centuries. The units of the game are still far from complete and final. I would like to create this folder myself when I am satisfied with the units on the battlefield.

I think both kinds of loading screens could be great, I personally like the illuminated manuscript look but it does fit northwestern factions more than the rest. They should ideally be complemented with art from Southern/Eastern manuscripts, but in any case these are the ones I made last year.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Winter is Coming

I've looked at the first four rars. Looks like this is all from the British Library. right? Chronicle of St. Denis and the Grand Chronicle of France if I recognize them correctly? I certainly think they look nice. They fit well, but there is an absence of earlier depictions from the 12th-13th century. In my opinion high quality 12th century is hard to come by anyway. As Kostic suggested you could make a post in the mini mod page. I think some people would use yours.

https://portail.biblissima.fr/fr/ BNF is large, you might find stuff you like here. I've used it extensively. Wayyyy better interface than BL or DigiVat. manuscripta-mediaevalia.de is impossible for me to use. islamicpaintedpage.com is good.

I like them! But as I said I probably won't change them personally because I'd feel guilty!

These are current versions of my Greek and SE(Italian) events. Please be sure to add them to your game, events should be save game compatible:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/upbfc...talian.7z/file
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/0c6op...Events.7z/file

The events should be dropped into their respective /data/ui folders.

Copy the greek into greek
    copy the southern euro into southern euro

nothing stops you from adding them to other cultures, but remember they are not meant for those cultures. Events are made using historical manuscript miniatures from the cultures they're representing in game.

if you see any distorted images, smashed ui, or other problems plz let me know so I can fix them
    Last edited by Cephalophore; April 15, 2022 at 06:04 PM.

A preview of what is to come for our 'oriental' factions
    Last edited by Cephalophore; September 16, 2022 at 10:05 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

At what stage are Georgian miniatures?

Units are almost done

There are a handful of Georgian events, but they are not complete. Until then, this manuscript will remain in my files. 120 Georgian miniatures.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Cephalophore View Post
    There are a handful of Georgian events, but they are not complete. Until then, this manuscript will remain in my files. 120 Georgian miniatures.
    It's wonderful. I had not seen many photos.

Hopefully the units and pics will be uploaded at same time in next version.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Another nice pic by Cephalophore. It conveys the sad mood of the event.

This is actually an older rendition which continues it's existence within the files of the other cultures. I initially liked this image, but since, in my humble opinion, I have become more meticulous and experienced in the world of historical miniatures it has become a vestigial image of my more amateurish works. If my memory serves me correctly, this is the transport of relics before the emperor (who is now dead within our game.)

A More Appropriate Image

Large Showcase of Greek, Middle Eastern, and Southern European (Italian Version) - Quality Subpar

Nice summary of your work ! Keep it up !

Great work @Cephalophore! Your miniatures give a great historical and beautiful touch to sship mod! +++Rep!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Thanks guys.

Just to share, here are some selections from some German manuscripts. Though I have saved some 350ish German miniatures only a few will actually make it into the game.

The Miniatures

If you're the kind of person interested in doing your own research into German miniatures, perhaps for your own mod, this project might be useful for you:
    https://kdih.badw.de/das-projekt.html
    Last edited by Cephalophore; October 20, 2022 at 01:59 PM.

Hello everyone. I have been very busy in my personal life these past few months, but I am trying to get back into working on this stuff soon. Hope everyone following is doing well

Hello Ceph, nice to see you back on the site! We are all more or less busy with our real life but when time allows me, I like to return to my passion.

There has not been a new version of SSHIP since September 8, 2022, but several of us have continued the work and provided new files.
    I don't know yet when the new version will be released but it is being prepared by @Belovèse it seems to me.

Some New Middle Eastern Images

Awesome- looks good, I cannot wait when we will have the new version ready with all the pictures, units etc. !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast