Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Happening in UK? (originally under Truss, now under Sunak)

Default What's Happening in UK? (originally under Truss, now under Sunak)

New UK chancellor reverses 'almost all' tax measures
    Summary
    Chancellor Jeremy Hunt has ditched almost all of PM Liz Truss's tax cuts announced in the government's mini-budget three weeks ago
    He addressed MPs and taking questions about the latest economic U-turns by the government
    Leader of the House Penny Mordaunt earlier stood in for the PM - who she said was attending urgent business - during a debate
    Truss later attended the Commons to hear the chancellor's emergency statement to MPs
    This morning, Hunt announced the basic rate of income tax would remain at 20p indefinitely - instead of being cut
    And the cap on energy prices charged to households is now only guaranteed until April next year
    But cuts to stamp duty and National Insurance remain in place, and the cap on bankers' bonuses will still be scrapped

Hard to describe what's been going on in the British parliament. It's been downhill since Brexit and one incompetent leader after an other we are seeing a complete "cluster" of a situation. Let's hear from our resident Brits on what's going on in their country.
    The Armenian Issue

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: What's Happening in UK? (Under Truss)

This video summarises things quite well

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Praeses

What a corrupt system does to a country. A smaller and smaller circle of decision makers openly gouging, while Mr Murdoch keeps rhem in power. You need a healthy opposition and Labour ain't it. You need respect for law and order but the paedo Prince walks free.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Why would you raise corporate tax? Do you want to send them to EU? We'll gladly take your jobs!

UK in its current state is a classic demonstration as to why representative democracy is a scam.
    You have two major parties that both serve the establishment and whole of politics consists of good cop/bad cop routine.
    Then you have total absence of rule of law where criminals are free to go rampant, but cops will be knocking at your door for posting something controversial online.
    Then you have entirely unaccountable elites that can start wars and visit pedo islands with no negative repercussions to themselves, while the public is facing more restrictions then Eastern Block countries during cold war.
    And a "royal family" that did absolutely nothing to serve the people at whose expense it gets to live a lavish lifestyle
    Hopefully, British people will find courage in their hearts to end this revolting charade and have a regime change of some kind.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Then you have total absence of rule of law where criminals are free to go rampant, but cops will be knocking at your door for posting something controversial online.
    Err what?

Then you have entirely unaccountable elites that can start wars and visit pedo islands with no negative repercussions to themselves, while the public is facing more restrictions then Eastern Block countries during cold war.
    Umm more what?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

The cases of immigrant rape gangs being ignored by British law enforcement out of fear of being called racist and pedo princes not seeing a second inside of jail cell are just "trolling" guys.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    The cases of immigrant rape gangs being ignored by British law enforcement out of fear of being called racist and pedo princes not seeing a second inside of jail cell are just "trolling" guys.
    Representing something that isn't common as such, is trolling. Ooh look. You got me. Fish on a hook.

Should we merge this thread with the Brexit one and just relabel the combined thread "what's happening today in Europe's basket case?"
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

err right wing myth more or less

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2020/dec/...muslim-problem

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

looks like an outdated thread

Well looks like they won't have Truss to kick around anymore

https://www.cnn.com/uk/live-news/liz...gbr/index.html

Looks like discount Thatcher didn't last long.
    At this rate I can see how UK will go down the same way USSR did.
    Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    "The Government has reviewed its own actions and determined that it did nothing wrong".
    Yeah, I don't think it works the same way you think it works.

Praeses

Trump tier clowning.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Maybe the crux of the matter is that UK itself is not a very organic country? I mean Britain has always been known as prison of nations, and even Anglo-Saxons themselves are suffering from neverending streak of cosmopolitan anti-national regimes. Perhaps breaking it apart into more manageable states like Scotland, Wales, Nothumbria, Wessex and Mercia could do the trick, maybe even replace Windsors (who are foreigners and not even British) with Godwinsons descendant too.

"The Government has reviewed its own actions and determined that it did nothing wrong".
    Yeah, I don't think it works the same way you think it works.
    Why it works I found a source and you never do - do you? You just say stuff move goal posts and say more stuff and carry on.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

From twitter:

"You've got to hand it to Larry the cat, the amount of rats he's chased out of No 10 is impressive."

*Larry the cat is the official mouser of 10 Downing Street.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Why it works I found a source and you never do - do you?
    Your "source" wasn't relevant to what I said at all.
    You just say stuff move goal posts and say more stuff and carry on.
    Projection much?

Your "source" wasn't relevant to what I said at all.

Projection much?
    You toss non-sourced claims I found a relevant link you have not since sourced your original claim.

Project much I do rather think not since you still have not backed you fantastical claims about peasants English peasants or that I ignored period sources something you never actual cited (and to the extent you cited anything it third hand references to them you and clearly did not even read those)

You toss non-sourced claims I found a relevant link you have not since sourced your original claim.
    I cited the objective fact about the immigrant rape gangs in UK (that government avoided investigating it out of fear of being deemed as racist), you posted a generic "Islam has nothing to do with Islam" apologia.
    Its not even that the latter is obviously an awful take aimed to relieve islamic culture of responsibility for behavior of its members, but the fact that it didn't really address the argument, that had nothing to do with religion but with poor quality of British law enforcement.
    Project much I do rather think not since you still have not backed you fantastical claims about peasants English peasants or that I ignored period sources something you never actual cited (and to the extent you cited anything it third hand references to them you and clearly did not even read those)
    You tried that in another thread, I referenced an actual peer-reviewed historical study, to which you replied with generic mudpit bad faith combo of gainsaying and sealioning.
    So again, sounds like more projecting.

I cited the objective fact about the immigrant rape gangs in UK
    Please source this objective fact. I sorry I'm not in the UK I can't look out the the window to see them.

You tried that in another thread, I referenced an actual peer-reviewed historical study
    Name it right here right now since you in fact did not. At best you liked to two web sites and not in any kind of proper citation format. But nothing tenuously pointed supports your assertion. You also seem not to quite grasp what peer review means.
    Last edited by conon394; October 24, 2022 at 12:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast