Thread: [Amendment] Clarification Section I & Section II and Privatization of the QP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [Amendment] Clarification Section I & Section II and Privatization of the QP

Two things
    1. I wanted to clean up the description for the Politia since it does not apply and disciplinary proceedings for the QP.
    2. I also want to make application and disciplinary proceedings private.

Rationale for point 2.
    The discussion for applications and disciplinary proceedings can get pretty personal. It is best to keep such discussion within the privacy of the citizenry. As in the days of the CdeC the applicant can choose to make the proceedings "public" if they wish to.

Clarification:
    The proceeding was always a private affair until removal of the CdeC and the Triumvirate. We discuss moderation history in both proceedings which the site do try to safe guard for the sake of its members. By limiting the viewing audience to only citizens, then we at least can limit its exposure and there is a vested interest and keeping it private within the Curia.

EDIT: I decided to add a provision about the nondisclosure of moderation record. It works best when the QP is close to Citizens over. Discretion is expected due to the nature of acceptance of citizenship. This will make it the obligation clear and indisputable.

EDIT 2: Changes to footnote "7" In section 1 regulation and procedures. The only time when off topic posts or personal reference is acceptable would be in those two instances only.

We want to promote the Curia and citizenship. it would be a good idea to create a thread in the Curia with a front page announcement linking the thread. The OP should include the OP of the application.

Section I - Citizenship and Curial Officers
    Article I. Citizenship
    Citizens are expected to not disclosed any discussion or comments related to citizen's application or Ostrakon outside of the Quaestiones Perpetuae

Article II. The Consul and Curial Officers
    The Consul and censors will maintain confidentiality in regard to moderation records shared by administration.

Section II Curia
    Article I. The Curia Forum
    The Curia is a place for all Citizens of the site to discuss and propose changes to the site and this document as well as for holding elections. It consists of the following sections:
    CVRIA - For non-binding legislative discussion.1
    Symposium - For general discussion, Citizen debates, and the preservation of Curia and TWC history.17
    Quaestiones Perpetuae – Citizens only forum for Citizenship applications and disciplinary proceedings
    Prothalamos - For proposing formal resolutions of the Citizenry.2
    Curia Vote - For all votes on resolutions and elections.
    The Politia – Private forum for the Curator and Censors For the Triumvirate's dealings.

Regulations and Procedures Section I
    Patronisation Procedure:

1. The patron confirms the candidate meets the requirements and, with the candidate's consent, Moderation is requested to inform the patron and the Consul whether the moderation requirement is met.
    2. Given moderational clearance, the patron writes an introductory letter outlining why they are nominating the candidate.
    3. The candidate and patron formulate an application which highlights the candidate's contributions along with any supporting evidence/information.
    4. The patron posts the introductory letter and application in a new thread in the Quaestiones Perpetuae forum.
    5. After a two day discussion period the Consul adds a poll lasting five days.
    6. The discussion period can be extended at the discretion of the Consul, provided an explanation is given.
    7. If the candidate achieves sixty percent of non-abstaining votes, they are entitled to the award of Citizenship.
    8. The Consul informs the candidate and patron of the result. If the candidate does not pass they are not eligible to apply again for one month after the conclusion of the poll. Candidate may choose to have their application public.
    9. The Consul will create a thread in the Curia main with the application information and request that Hex make a front page announcement directing people to the thread.

7 Due to the nature of the citizens' applications and ostrakons Curia and its related fora, The Consul recognizes that off topic and personal references are allowed, within reason.
    Last edited by PikeStance; October 29, 2021 at 03:03 AM.