Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pontus do not generate colony?

Default Pontus do not generate colony?

So i have conquered Pergamon for quite a while now (about 20 turns) and i should get my first hellenic colony but i didn't get any.

Any idea what happened?

Default Re: Pontus do not generate colony?

Are you past turn 60? If that is the case, the notifications for colony generation will no longer appear.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    Are you past turn 60? If that is the case, the notifications for colony generation will no longer appear.
    Yeah already past turns 60 so no notification. But i should still get the colony even without notification right?

Yep,you still get the points.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Yep,you still get the points.
    That's the problem. I have been waiting more than 30-40 turns at this point but i still don't get colony points so i cannot build hellenic colony.

Can you provide a screenshoot of the settlement that you want to build the colonies in? With all buildings shown and the % HP culture present so I can work out the problem.
    - Sun Tzu

Can you provide a screenshoot of the settlement that you want to build the colonies in? With all buildings shown and the % HP culture present so I can work out the problem.
    Do you have something like discord channel? I cannot access imgur or the like to upload picture here

Unfortunately, EB2 does not have a discord channel of its own.

I just need the following:

• Name of Settlement
    • Settlement Level
    • % HP culture
    • Any other colonies (Foreign military colonies) (Present or absent)
    • Strategic fortifications + Field of games (Present or absent)
    • Government level
    - Sun Tzu

Unfortunately, EB2 does not have a discord channel of its own.

I just need the following:

• Name of Settlement
    • Settlement Level
    • % HP culture
    • Any other colonies (Foreign military colonies) (Present or absent)
    • Strategic fortifications + Field of games (Present or absent)
    • Government level
    • Trapezous and Sardis
    • Both City
    • 13% and 53%
    • Absent and Lv1 hellenic colony
    • Waystations and garrisons and field of games both present
    • Strategos ton philon and Strategai

By all accounts, there should be nothing wrong here....I never had problems with Hellenic colonists as Pontos.

I hate to ask this but exactly how many Polis twos and threes do you actually control? And did you Sack or Exterminate Pergamon when you captured it because if you do so, there is a chance that the polis will be downgraded from lvl 3 to lvl2.
    - Sun Tzu

By all accounts, there should be nothing wrong here....I never had problems with Hellenic colonists as Pontos.

I hate to ask this but exactly how many Polis twos and threes do you actually control? And did you Sack or Exterminate Pergamon when you captured it because if you do so, there is a chance that the polis will be downgraded from lvl 3 to lvl2.
    Only 1 Hellenic metropolis in Pergamon and 1 Hellenic polis in Ephesos. I sack both but the polis aren't downgraded.

So i figure out why Pontos don't generate colony in my earlier playthrough.

I simply too slow, it seems if i don't generate colony fast enough(past turns 60) then Pontos will stuck not generating colonies. Right now i have colonist but just in case i will check beyond turns 60 to see if they are still generating colonies.

Edit :so the problem solved now any idea how to edit the thread?
    Last edited by eyelurker; December 04, 2021 at 11:54 PM.

not sure if anyone else mentioned this, But are you building foreign colonies everywhere? cause if you do, you wont see the ability to build a hellenistic settlement for millitary troops.

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    not sure if anyone else mentioned this, But are you building foreign colonies everywhere? cause if you do, you wont see the ability to build a hellenistic settlement for millitary troops.
    Well of course not, i know that foriegn colony cannot be build alongside hellenic colony. Anyway i can actually play Pontus properly now that Hellenic colony is working again.

Quick question: when you conquered Pergamon, did you Enslave (kill 3/4s of population) the city? That has a chance of degrading the Metropoleis into a Poleis, which means you no longer get 1 colony point per turn. You would need 3 Poleis per colony point. It's possible you only have Pergamon and Sinope's Poleis at that point

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Quick question: when you conquered Pergamon, did you Enslave (kill 3/4s of population) the city? That has a chance of degrading the Metropoleis into a Poleis, which means you no longer get 1 colony point per turn. You would need 3 Poleis per colony point. It's possible you only have Pergamon and Sinope's Poleis at that point
    Sack. And i as i said before the metropolis are not downgraded

I think the Sack hurt you man. It is maybe population based also?? Because that removes like 1000 people. Also i really would advise against sacking any hellenic cities / regions just for this reason. I mean im not 100% certain but i think population affects culture??

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    I think the Sack hurt you man. It is maybe population based also?? Because that removes like 1000 people. Also i really would advise against sacking any hellenic cities / regions just for this reason. I mean im not 100% certain but i think population affects culture??
    Sack are kinda neccesary if you're conquering region with foriegn culture not for the money but for unrest reduction a lot of times they have red public order if i simply occupy them and i cannot stabilize the region if they rebel before i set up governor/client state.

And population doesn't affect culture, you could raze them until they have 400 population(the aboplute minimum) and their culture won't change

Hi!
    I have a problem with a campaign with Pontus ala turn 172; I have conquered 3 polis ( not minor )- up to a turn ago 4 - but years go by and it doesn't generate settlers for me!
    Or rather it stopped generating them after doing so twice!
    - I built a hel_col1 in Sinope and Pantikapaion.

Now considering that I might not get the notification anymore but checking the various requirements - I refer to the 2.35A R3.5 guide:
    > to upgrade from hel_col1 to hel_col2 or even just for the hel_col1
    1) strategic fortification max level;
    2) in all affected cities more than 30% hellenistic policy;
    3) no foreign settlers built;
    4) satrapeia administration building;
    5) have a minor polis or polis (should not be a requirement I think).
    6) Fields of games built.

Now the only doubt I have is that they are "false Polis" those built by the AI, as when I conquered the cities - Ipsos and Nikaia - I noticed that they were Polis but had the small market ( however they generated it once, then that was it )
    Does anyone know anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    Hi!
    I have a problem with a campaign with Pontus ala turn 172; I have conquered 3 polis ( not minor )- up to a turn ago 4 - but years go by and it doesn't generate settlers for me!
    Or rather it stopped generating them after doing so twice!
    - I built a hel_col1 in Sinope and Pantikapaion.

Now considering that I might not get the notification anymore but checking the various requirements - I refer to the 2.35A R3.5 guide:
    > to upgrade from hel_col1 to hel_col2 or even just for the hel_col1
    1) strategic fortification max level;
    2) in all affected cities more than 30% hellenistic policy;
    3) no foreign settlers built;
    4) satrapeia administration building;
    5) have a minor polis or polis (should not be a requirement I think).
    6) Fields of games built.

Now the only doubt I have is that they are "false Polis" those built by the AI, as when I conquered the cities - Ipsos and Nikaia - I noticed that they were Polis but had the small market ( however they generated it once, then that was it )
    Does anyone know anything?
    They generate once every 16 turns starting on turn 1. So colonists will be generated on turns 1, 17, 33, and so on. The Ipsos and Nikaia phenomena is just the markets downgrading after you conquered it. Their markets were at level 2 but you must have Sacked or Enslaved those cities. As for your colonist issue, I don't know what's causing it. The campaign script code for Pontos' colony management system matches that of other factions like Pergamon perfectly, and no one has reported issues with Pergamon so far.

Here are some possible explanations:
    You need at least pontos3 AKA Pontic Administration and above. So Pontic Administration, Governor-General, and all reform governments. Sacred Estates and Allied State cannot upgrade beyond level 1 hellenistic military colony. You might have the unqualified governments in Sinope and Pantikapaion
    You haven't waited 16 turns yet
    The script is broken (worst case scenario)

Did you personally mod your installation? That could be an issue too. export_descr_buildings.txt requires weird syntax in places that could cause issues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast