Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Decision] Move the TWC Milestone Award thread out of the Symposium

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default [Decision] Move the TWC Milestone Award thread out of the Symposium

TWC Milestone Award Thread.

A bit of history: Leandros is the OP of that thread, even before the Milestone Award itself was created. After the award became a thing, we started to use that thread to either make the Hex aware of valid recipients or to inform the community of new awarded recipients (as Hex I mean). When I still was the Award Hex I used to patrol, as much as possible, the forum and check for new possible recipients of that award which might have gone overlooked, but now since it has become mostly self-appointed [1] it makes sense to have it where everybody, and not just Citizens, can see and post in it to either appoint themselves if they qualify or point out valid recipients who did not have the award yet.

In case you are not updated on the award itself, just check the OP of the thread I linked above and here.
    I could either be moved to the Prothalamos or the Q&S, but since it's more likely that general membership will check the Q&S rather than the Prothalamos, I'd say move it to the Q&S. Also, this is a de facto Hex award, and the Q&S is Hex territory by definition.

Shall the TWC Milestone Award thread be moved from the Symposium to the Q&S?
    Decision: since the TWC Milestone Award is a self appointed, Hex Award, and is meant to be assigned to any member who qualifies and not only Citizens, the TWC Milestone Award Thread will be moved from the Symposium to the Question and Suggestion forum.
    Last edited by Flinn; October 25, 2021 at 06:30 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: [DECISION] Move the TWC Milestone Award thread from out of the Symposium

Support. Non citizens should have the opportunity to remember that they fulfill the requirements.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [DECISION] Move the TWC Milestone Award thread from out of the Symposium

Another milestone in the award's history, let's roll the stone! Support.

Default Re: [Decision] Move the TWC Milestone Award thread out of the Symposium

Wouldn't be easier to just let it die and create a new one in Q&A?
    The proposal did not mandate a creation of a thread, so it is not required to exist.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Wouldn't be easier to just let it die and create a new one in Q&A?
    yes, that could be an option, or the Hex could simply make a new thread directly, but since that thread has been used by the beginning and the award is now self-appointed (so needs a a thread at the least to make people aware that that award exists and that if they qualify they should say so there or PM a Hex), it makes sense to have a thread and even more to use that specific thread.
    Last edited by Flinn; October 25, 2021 at 08:47 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Whatever float your boat ... SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Water usually works well

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    yes, that could be an option, or the Hex could simply make a new thread directly, but since that thread has been used by the beginning and the award is now self-appointed (so needs a a thread at the least to make people aware that that award exists and that if they qualify they should say so there or PM a Hex), it makes sense to have a thread and even more to use that specific thread.
    Never mind the matter of subscription and to an extent, reference.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

You could just create a thread in the Q&S. No need to alter the contents of the Symposium. That's like cultural appropriation.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Support.

I would prefer to have the thread moved rather than a new one made, but I'm down either way.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    You could just create a thread in the Q&S. No need to alter the contents of the Symposium. That's like cultural appropriation.
    I've already answered to Pike re using another thread, feel free to check my reply above, if you care.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I've already answered to Pike re using another thread, feel free to check my reply above, if you care.
    The demeanor of your arguments has changed drastically since your mysterious "return". Creating a new thread is the best option and can be repeated as necessary to support that idea.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

No, it isn't. It is semantically appropriate to move the thread to the Q&S due to how it works, especially since it is not a curial process nor a relevant piece of curia specific history. Creating a new thread unnecessarily muddies the process for invalid reasons, thus is not the best or even a good move.

Support.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Commodus View Post
    No, it isn't. It is semantically appropriate to move the thread to the Q&S due to how it works, especially since it is not a curial process nor a relevant piece of curia specific history. Creating a new thread unnecessarily muddies the process for invalid reasons, thus is not the best or even a good move.

Support.
    It is actually 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.
    Creating a new thread would just require convincing an admin to do it or recognize it and sticky it.
    Moving the thread requires a proposal, supporters and vote and implementation.
    One can be done in hours, the other days, perhaps weeks.

If Flinn wants to go through this long process unnecessarily, then more power to him. To say he has to, it just plain nonsense.

Just a small note, most of the thread is people chatting and joking. It is not as though it was exclusively used for,"hey, I am eligible.

Blog Entries

The demeanor of your arguments has changed drastically since your mysterious "return".
    Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    It is actually 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.
    Creating a new thread would just require convincing an admin to do it or recognize it and sticky it.
    Moving the thread requires a proposal, supporters and vote and implementation.
    One can be done in hours, the other days, perhaps weeks.

If Flinn wants to go through this long process unnecessarily, then more power to him. To say he has to, it just plain nonsense.

Just a small note, most of the thread is people chatting and joking. It is not as though it was exclusively used for,"hey, I am eligible.
    well there are different options actually, TBH I could have moved that before I quit Hex, I've already had the authorization from Leandros to use it how I prefer and as Commy said, this is not really Curia-relevant. However, I opted for the Curial decision also to give it some visibility and make more people aware that that award exists and that Hex will appreciate help if Citizens will point at valid recipients who don't have it already.

@ Mr Consul, when you can, please move this to vote (28th should be the 3rd day since I updated the OP), thanks

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The Symposium thread looks more like lighthearted discussions than anything.

I say leave it where it is and start a new one in the Q&A strictly for proposals.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

well there are different options actually, TBH I could have moved that before I quit Hex, I've already had the authorization from Leandros to use it how I prefer and as Commy said, this is not really Curia-relevant. However, I opted for the Curial decision also to give it some visibility and make more people aware that that award exists and that Hex will appreciate help if Citizens will point at valid recipients who don't have it already.
    What this discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post

I say leave it where it is and start a new one in the Q&A strictly for proposals.
    Yeah, i don't get why the thread in question is given such high importance given what it is.

If you want to promote an award, you have to promote the importance of the award, not the periphery discussions about it.

Blog Entries

Creating a second thread will require monitoring two threads then - unless the first one gets closed and preferably has a link to the second. Even then it's not very conducive to the original purpose if on a first glance a thread that invites you to make a claim is closed.

The argument that it isn't exclusively used for it's purpose and hence doesn't deserve moving is irrelevant as the purpose itself and access is the criteria here where I am concerned, not if banter is acceptable in the thread.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 28, 2021 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Creating a second thread will require monitoring two threads then - unless the first one gets closed and preferably has a link to the second. Even then it's not very conducive to the original purpose if on a first glance a thread that invites you to make a claim is closed.

The argument that it isn't exclusively used for it's purpose and hence doesn't deserve moving is irrelevant as the purpose itself and access is the criteria here where I am concerned, not if banter is acceptable in the thread.
    This was not the argument. It isn't that important in general too keep is the argument. As I said, it is 6 of one half dozen of the other. It would be easier to close the thread or rename it and create a new one in Q&A. If Flinn wants the extra work and time spent doing it this way, he has my support. Go for it!

Blog Entries

As quoted by yourself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian

That was my reference. Apologies for not quoting to make it obvious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast