Thread: How do you achieve the reforms as Epeiros?

Default How do you achieve the reforms as Epeiros?

What the title says.

I know there are two paths but I don't know further details.

Default Re: How do you achieve the reforms as Epeiros?

Centralization
    • Hold at least 5 settlements including ALL settlements on Sicily.
    • Antigonos Gonatas must DIE.

Federalization

• Hold NO settlements on Sicily.
    • Hold Ambrakia, Epidamnos and Thermon.
    • Pyhrros, Alexandros and Helenos must be DEAD.
    • Repel an Illyrian Invasion when the above has been achieved.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    Centralization
    • Hold at least 5 settlements including ALL settlements on Sicily.
    • Antigonos Gonatas must DIE.

Federalization

• Hold NO settlements on Sicily.
    • Hold Ambrakia, Epidamnos and Thermon.
    • Pyhrros, Alexandros and Helenos must be DEAD.
    • Repel an Illyrian Invasion when the above has been achieved.
    What do you think, what's better path to go? What are benefits of one path compared to other? Do I lose ability to recruit core elite units and focus on regional ones if I go federal path? Im in Epeiros campaign right now, eliminated both Koinon and Macedon, and now i need to either invade Sicily or kill my family

Centralisation

• You get to keep the Aiakidai line going.
    • You RETAIN your ability to generate colony points from your polises to establish new polises and hellenistic military colonies but your main post-reform government, Prostatia (Guardianship) can only be built in Italy, Hellas and Hellenised Anatolia. everywhere else is lower tier governments such as Laarchia and Basileia Xena.
    • You get 3 places for your Basilike Patris (Ambrakia, Pella and Syracuse).
    • Generally, post reform governments when Centralised have stricter prerequsities (Need Minor Polis and Lvl 1 hellenistic military settlements in large town settlement to set up Prostatia and lvl 2 polis and military colony in city level settlement to build BP).
    • You can transition to Federalised administration later if all of Sciliy is evacuated. If this is done, your Cetralisation governments will cause a lot of unrest and lawlessness until you replace them with Federalised governments.

Federalisation

• Your main post reform government, Isopoliteia (Overseership) provides conversion to 40% Hellenisitc Polities and is not geographically restricted compared to Prostatia but in exchange, you LOSE your ability to generate new colonists from your polises and must rely on those already in the bank.
    • Your alternative uppermost tier government, Sympoliteia Apeirotan (Epirote League Founding State) can be built in more places (Ambrakia, Epidamnos, Rhegion, Korinthos and Thermon) compared to Basilike Patris and yes you keep your elites and get a few extra regional elites depending on where your Sympoliteia Apeirotan is built.
    • In general, Federalization governments have stronger public order bonuses and much more relaxed prerequisites compared to their counterparts in Centralisation (Only need 29% HP in large town settlement to set up Isopoliteia and 49% HP in city level settlement to build Sympoliteia Apeirotan).
    • You are much more dependent on foreign military colonies for manpower although you can call upon men from existing hellenistic military colonies.

Either pathway has its own challanges and benefits, i'll leave you to be the judge of that....
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by zoran93 View Post
    What do you think, what's better path to go? What are benefits of one path compared to other? Do I lose ability to recruit core elite units and focus on regional ones if I go federal path? Im in Epeiros campaign right now, eliminated both Koinon and Macedon, and now i need to either invade Sicily or kill my family
    Depends on your preferred style I suppose. I went the centralized path in my playthrough and I don't regret it. A full Hellenic doctrine of warfare can fold both Romans and Carthaginians etc. easily. With the federalization reform you can change your Hellenic doctrine into a Roman one for example. Of course there is also governing benefits with each type of government that I didn't mention here. You can read the EBII guide PDF for that.

Centralisation

• You RETAIN your ability to generate colony points from your polises to establish new polises and hellenistic military colonies but your main post-reform government, Prostatia (Guardianship) can only be built in Italy, Hellas and Hellenised Anatolia. everywhere else is lower tier governments such as Laarchia and Basileia Xena.
    • Generally, post reform governments when Centralised have stricter prerequsities (Need Minor Polis and Lvl 1 hellenistic military settlements in large town settlement to set up Prostatia and lvl 2 polis and military colony in city level settlement to build BP).
    • You can transition to Federalised administration later if all of Sciliy is evacuated. If this is done, your Cetralisation governments will cause a lot of unrest and lawlessness until you replace them with Federalised governments.

Federalisation

• Your main post reform government, Isopoliteia (Overseership) provides conversion to 40% Hellenisitc Polities and is not geographically restricted compared to Prostatia but in exchange, you LOSE your ability to generate new colonists from your polises and must rely on those already in the bank.
    • Your alternative uppermost tier government, Sympoliteia Apeirotan (Epirote League Founding State) can be built in more places (Ambrakia, Epidamnos, Rhegion, Korinthos and Thermon) compared to Basilike Patris and yes you keep your elites and get a few extra regional elites depending on where your Sympoliteia Apeirotan is built.
    • In general, Federalization governments have stronger public order bonuses and much more relaxed prerequisites compared to their counterparts in Centralisation (Only need 29% HP in large town settlement to set up Isopoliteia and 49% HP in city level settlement to build Sympoliteia Apeirotan).
    • You are much more dependent on foreign military colonies for manpower although you can call upon men from existing hellenistic military colonies.

Either pathway has its own challanges and benefits, i'll leave you to be the judge of that....
    Thanks, this helped a lot. I will go Centralisation then as I plan for slow expansion into Anatolia and later Italy, and maybe later switch to Federalisation for public order benefits, and i won't need colonists later anyway, as my Metropolises would accumulate more then I can spend.

Centralisation

Federalisation

What kind of regional elites you get, that you do not get with Centralisation path? da*n, gonna start new playtrough for Epeiros=)

That is something I will not spoil....
    - Sun Tzu

Federalization unit compisition is a bit weird compare to diadochi or centralized since access to phalangitai are entirely reliant on hellenic colony which you don't get with federalization but to compensate you can make army of agema phalangitai from Sympolitea Apeirotan instead of phalangitai. :v

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    Federalization unit compisition is a bit weird compare to diadochi or centralized since access to phalangitai are entirely reliant on hellenic colony which you don't get with federalization but to compensate you can make army of agema phalangitai from Sympolitea Apeirotan instead of phalangitai. :v
    by the Jupiter Optimus Maximus, that is exactly one of my favourite things about Epeiros and Ptolemaioi, their agema phalangitai ! Next time will go federation, definetely.

Wow, imagine having two levels of government.

Still, wanna see something cool? Federalization gives you special government recruitment in the Bosporan region.

;;; OLBIA
    recruit_pool "steppe cavalry scythian horse archers" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek2 and hidden_resource horde_target and not event_counter ecThureosReform 1
    recruit_pool "germanic cavalry bastarnae" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek2 and hidden_resource horde_target and event_counter ecThureosReform 1
    recruit_pool "getic cavalry hippotoxotai" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek2 and hidden_resource horde_target
    recruit_pool "eastern infantry doryphoroi pontikoi" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek2 and hidden_resource horde_target and not event_counter ecThureosReform 1
    recruit_pool "germanic infantry bastarnae" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek2 and hidden_resource horde_target and event_counter ecThureosReform 1
    recruit_pool "getic infantry komatai" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek2 and hidden_resource horde_target
    recruit_pool "steppe infantry scythian archers" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek2 and hidden_resource horde_target and not event_counter ecThureosReform 1
    recruit_pool "getic infantry komatai toxotai" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek2 and hidden_resource horde_target and event_counter ecThureosReform 1
    ;;; PANTIKAPAION/KHERSONESOS
    recruit_pool "steppe cavalry maiotian" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and not hidden_resource dacia and not hidden_resource horde_target and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    recruit_pool "steppe cavalry maiotian" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and not hidden_resource dacia and not hidden_resource horde_target and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic cavalry thureopherontes hippotoxotai" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource hr_f and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 ; Khersonesos
    recruit_pool "steppe cavalry bosporan" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and hidden_resource greek1 and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 ; Pantikapaion
    recruit_pool "steppe infantry maiotian" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and not hidden_resource dacia and not hidden_resource horde_target ; Sindoi
    recruit_pool "eastern infantry doryphoroi pontikoi" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and not hidden_resource dacia and not hidden_resource horde_target
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry akontistai" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and not hidden_resource dacia and not hidden_resource horde_target and not event_counter ecThureosReform 1
    recruit_pool "steppe infantry scythian archers" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and not hidden_resource dacia and not hidden_resource horde_target and event_counter ecThureosReform 1 and not event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    recruit_pool "steppe infantry scythian archers" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and not hidden_resource dacia and not hidden_resource horde_target and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry thureopherontes toxotai" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { f_epeiros, } and hidden_resource skythian and not hidden_resource dacia and not hidden_resource horde_target and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1
    Bosporan Heavy Archers? Delicious

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    Your devotion has been duly noted....

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ight-I-said-NO
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Wow, imagine having two levels of government.

Still, wanna see something cool? Federalization gives you special government recruitment in the Bosporan region.

Impressive, but Pontos has the best recruitment in Taurike, I mean their BP gives Sauromatian Armored Riders, which even KB dont get to recruit. Basically BP + foreign colony gives you recruitment surplus equivalent of clone troopers army from SW=)

Bosporan Heavy Archers? Delicious