Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mexicans and Ethiopians had writing long before Danes, Swedes and Norwegians (take that you Aryan slug slime)

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Mexicans and Ethiopians had writing long before Danes, Swedes and Norwegians (take that you Aryan slug slime)

Scandinavia is a wonderland of social democracy, IKEA products and Nordic model economic success today, and medieval Viking Norsemen were the scourge of Latin Christendom, but in ancient times like Bronze Age, Iron Age, and early Classical Antiquity it was nothing but doodoo, and by that I mean a heady mixture of both pee pee and poopoo.

I'm an American national with partial Sicilian Italian heritage, so there's undoubtedly a good honest Roman in my family tree somewhere, and have Slovenian background so Slavs of the Mediterranean, plus Irish and English, so a bunch of Ogham-rune-writing gingers who at least got Christianized in the Early Middle Ages, and Celtic Britons who at least became Romanized after emperor Claudius invaded. However, curse the day I found out that I had partial Swedish ancestry! How shameful!

Just how shameful, you might ask? I'll show you! Let's use writing as an example and marker of civilization.

Zapotecs and Olmecs were using their own logographic/hieroglyphic/syllabic writing scripts in ancient Mexico at least as far back as 500 BC (i.e. long before even Classical Maya), if not earlier given archaeological evidence suggesting 900 BC with the Cascajal Block. Therefore these go back to the beginning of the global Iron Age if not the tail end of the Bronze Age, even if the Mesoamericans were still living in the Stone Age and Copper Age by the time colonial Europeans came into contact with them. They also built giant cities with enormous pyramid temples comparable to those of Egypt. Like Mesopotamians of Sumer with cuneiform, the Egyptians with their hieroglyphs and hieratic, and Shang dynasty Chinese with logographic Oracle Bone script, Mesoamericans independently created one of the world's primary writing systems.

Ancient Nubians who neighbored Egypt in ancient Sudan used Egyptian hieroglyphs long before their own Meroitic writing circa 300 BC. Contemporary Ethiopians and Eritreans in East Africa had the Ancient South Arabian Script when it was introduced to Ethiopia and Eritrea in the 5th century BC and was used in that region under the late Kingdom of D'mt. Ethiopians and Eritreans also sometimes used the Greek alphabet under Hellenistic influence when Egypt was ruled by Alexander the Great and the Ptolemies. Over the course of the 1st century AD after Rome took over Egypt, the Kingdom of Aksum in Ethiopia and Eritrea developed its own Ge'ez abugida script based on the South Arabian model to write their Ge'ez Semitic language. Also, King Ezana of Aksum was one of the first monarchs to convert to Christianity in the 4th century AD, after Tiridates III of Armenia and Constantine I the Great of Rome. Aksum minted its own coins too much like the nearby Romans, only with Ge'ez instead of Latin legends.

Meanwhile, Scandinavians were rolling around in their own doodoo (probably). Germanic peoples living in the Roman Empire and serving as distinguished auxiliary cavalrymen obviously learned Greek and Latin. However, the Germanic peoples as a whole didn't even have their own writing system until Elder Futhark in the 2nd century AD, a runic alphabet loosely based on the Old Italic Latin Alphabet (itself based on Cumae Greek model, hence ultimately stemming back to the Phoenician alphabet). Even well into the Early Middle Ages most Norsemen were just a bunch of illiterate poopy heads, but they did finally manage to create a simplified Younger Futhark alphabet by the late 8th or early 9th century AD. The Norsemen made some decent metalwork pieces of art, longships, and impressive weapons of war from their smithies, but the Celts had done stuff like that long beforehand. Hell, some pre-Roman Gauls around Massalia (modern Marseille, France) were literate in Greek, minted their own coins in Greek, and the Celtiberians in Spain even invented their own Celtiberian writing script (based on the Northeast Iberian one), and minted coins in that Celtic language before the time of Christ.

Go ahead, prove me wrong, TWC. Prove to me that my Swedish ancestors in the Iron Age weren't just a bunch of illiterate pee pee drinkers who couldn't even write their own names or anything else at a 1st grade level for schoolchildren. They were undoubtedly great navigators, explorers and shipbuilders as Vikings in the Early Middle Ages, but that doesn't absolve it! Even Wikipedia says they didn't do much except build some wheeled wagons, make some neat gold jewelry, and inscribed "picture stones" telling stories with images instead of writing, big whoop! That's what a kindergartner does with crayons! Not impressed! Boo! Barbaroi! Give me ancient Greece and Rome any day, hell even ancient Celtic stuff.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Age_Scandinavia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picture_stone

----

...I will say this, though, the Japanese were arguably as bad as the Scandinavians! At least India and Pakistan had Kharosthi script going back to 4th century BC and the Brahmi script by the 3rd century BC (Mauryan Edicts of Ashoka), while Chinese written characters (originating in Bronze Age) were used in northern Korea going back to Western Han colonization of the Korean peninsula under Emperor Wu in the 2nd century BC. Meanwhile, Japanese didn't even have their logographic kanji and syllabic kana writing system until the 4th century AD, during the Kofun period! Han Chinese before that time described Japanese as a bunch of weirdo barbarian dwarves called the "Wa" people. I wonder how many anime weeaboos know that.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mexicans and Ethiopians had writing long before Danes, Swedes and Norwegians (take that you Aryan slug slime)

i have put all of the bolded words together in order to decode your secret message

doodoo pee pee and poopoo Zapotecs and Olmecs ancient Mexico Classical Maya Cascajal Block Mesopotamians of Sumer cuneiform Egyptians with their hieroglyphs and hieratic Shang dynasty Chinese Oracle Bone script Ancient Nubians ancient Sudan Meroitic writing Ethiopians and Eritreans in East Africa Ancient South Arabian Script Ge'ez abugida script Scandinavians doodoo Elder Futhark Old Italic Latin Alphabet Cumae Greek model Phoenician alphabet poopy heads Younger Futhark pre-Roman Gauls Celtiberians in Spain Celtiberian writing script That's what a kindergartner does with crayons the Japanese India and Pakistan Kharosthi script Brahmi script Chinese written characters northern Korea logographic kanji syllabic kana

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Mexicans and Ethiopians had writing long before Danes, Swedes and Norwegians (take that you Aryan slug slime)

To be honest, Ethiopians and Mexicans had everything before Scandinavians, except glaciers and icebergs. They didn't get glaciers and icebergs before the Scandinavians, I am sure of that.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The oldest piece of writing in existence was discovered in Romania.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    The oldest piece of writing in existence was discovered in Romania.
    I've never heard of this! Please explain! You mean like proto-writing symbols and stuff? The Old Europe culture in the Neolithic era Balkans? You're undoubtedly talking about the Vinca symbols, which are controversial and considered proto-writing by most scholars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin%C4%8Da_symbols

I will say this, though, the Dacians of ancient Romania, like nearby peoples of Thrace (Bulgaria), used the Greek alphabet for writing by the Classical/Hellenistic period and then Latin after that with the rise of the Roman Empire and of course Trajan's conquests in 106 AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    i have put all of the bolded words together in order to decode your secret message
    Blasted! You found me out! My terrible plot to drown the world in an insidious combination of all its writing systems clogging the airwaves with nonsense, the likes of which have never been seen before and harken back to days of yore with the biblical Tower of Babel that confounded mankind.

You may have won this round, but you'll rue the day you messed with me, Inspector. Next time, Gadget, next time!

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    To be honest, Ethiopians and Mexicans had everything before Scandinavians, except glaciers and icebergs. They didn't get glaciers and icebergs before the Scandinavians, I am sure of that.
    To their credit, the Scandinavians do have glaciers and icebergs and the Mexicans and Ethiopians don't have any of those (although glaciers do exist in South America as well as some African countries, namely Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania).

The Scandinavians also created the Nyckelharpa, a Swedish stringed chordophone used to play folk music, so that's one other thing the Mexicans and Ethiopians don't have. The Swedes didn't invent stringed instruments altogether, though.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Makes ya think; a depressing amount of history, literature and knowledge was lost forever when the Catholics burned all the Aztec & Mayan texts (save for four examples).

Roma_Victrix confirmed Illuminati.
    Last edited by irontaino; October 21, 2021 at 01:37 PM.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

I mean, even the Japanese call themselves Wa. At least that's the affix they use to denote something is native.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Makes ya think; a depressing amount of history, literature and knowledge was lost forever when the Catholics burned all the Aztec & Mayan texts (save for four examples).
    In terms of their codices on native Mesoamerican amate bark paper, yes, that's what Bishop Diego de Landa did in 1562 unfortunately. However, we have been able to discover plenty of surviving texts in ceramic paintings and stone inscriptions on stele that the Spanish were incapable of just burning. Shame that all those codex texts were lost, though.

Keep your mouth shut, outsider! Or I'll sew it shut! The Illuminati will have nobody spilling the beans on our identities or whereabouts. The Da Vinci Code? That's only the tip of the iceberg. We're way more nefarious than that and far more powerful than Facebook could ever dream to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ältester der Motten View Post
    I mean, even the Japanese call themselves Wa. At least that's the affix they use to denote something is native.
    Yeah, and that goes back to the Eastern Han dynasty Chinese term for them from the 1st century AD.
    For that matter half their writing system is just traditional Chinese characters.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post

Illuminati backwards spells "Roma Victrix Is Guilty"

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Yeah, and that goes back to the Eastern Han dynasty Chinese term for them from the 1st century AD.
    For that matter half their writing system is just traditional Chinese characters.
    Yes, but I don't think this is hidden knowledge.

But the fact that Mayans and Aztecs had writing is pretty much hidden knowledge. Never heard about it. Tragic loss.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Must I remind everyone Aryans = high caste Indians and they invented spaceships and nukes, like, 5000 years ago?

Those left in dark German forests and cookie's homeland are no doubt abandoned babies left to feed the wolves.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah, for once AQD is right on the money.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Now, should we proceed to discuss how those Aryan spaceships could wipe Egyptians and their cute looking gods off this planet in roughly 3 seconds?

Illuminati backwards spells "Roma Victrix Is Guilty"
    Guilty as charged! Also, spelling it backwards and saying it out loud, "Itanimulli", sounds like some ancient Hittite king's name or something from Conan the Barbarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ältester der Motten View Post
    Yes, but I don't think this is hidden knowledge.

But the fact that Mayans and Aztecs had writing is pretty much hidden knowledge. Never heard about it. Tragic loss.
    I mean, not just the Mayans and Aztecs, but other Mesoamerican cultures/civilizations who came before them, namely the Zapotecs and Olmecs as I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Must I remind everyone Aryans = high caste Indians and they invented spaceships and nukes, like, 5000 years ago?

Those left in dark German forests and cookie's homeland are no doubt abandoned babies left to feed the wolves.
    5,000 years ago? So the Indus Valley Civilization, then? So who did the high caste of ancient pre-Mauryan India send the nukes after, or was it just a Mutually Assured Destruction thing with Atlantis? Uh oh! I'm starting to wonder how mythical Atlantis got destroyed now, not just an earthquake tidal wave thing like what happened with Santorini. Sounds more like the Indus Valley Civilization dropped a nuclear warhead on them.

Yeah, for once AQD is right on the money.
    And by money you mean Monopoly gameboard money, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Now, should we proceed to discuss how those Aryan spaceships could wipe Egyptians and their cute looking gods off this planet in roughly 3 seconds?
    The Egyptian furry gods like Ra, Montu, Anubis and Horus would just sit around and take it? I don't know. I think they'd at least do something like create a big ghost chariot in the sky to chase down their spaceships and send them fleeing back into the netherworld, smiting them like mighty pharaoh Ahmose I smote the hated Hyksos and wily Nubians who attempted to defile the lands of Kemet.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Money is money, even if it's printed on bright orange paper

Campidoctor

Orange?! => Jail!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    The Egyptian furry gods like Ra, Montu, Anubis and Horus would just sit around and take it? I don't know. I think they'd at least do something like create a big ghost chariot in the sky to chase down their spaceships and send them fleeing back into the netherworld, smiting them like mighty pharaoh Ahmose I smote the hated Hyksos and wily Nubians who attempted to defile the lands of Kemet.
    Okay no spaceship, just grab some cats and threaten to roast them. Easy victory!

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    Orange?! => Jail!
    Wolfram Alpha is struggling with your formula

Campidoctor

But hey, in the end it solved it.
    Correctional facility in Orange, California, here we come! (or the Mexicans. Depends.)

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Roma is poo poo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast