Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foundation (TV series)

Default Re: Foundation (TV series)

Empire stuff was a solid 10/10. And this romance BS. If they were deviating from books then they might as well have made Salvor a lad. Him meeting his mother on Synnax would've been more emotional - and the plus side no romance and more action.
    I get a really scary vibe from Demerzel. Brother Day is the pillar character for me. As a show fan I'm his shadow master. foundation.

Okay now onto Wheel of Time....

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

And this romance BS
    According to the reddit AMA from the showrunner the romance stuff is there because his wife (who is not a sci fi fan nor has she read foundation according to him) said it was necessary for people to care about the characters.

so, yeah

If they were deviating from books then they might as well have made Salvor a lad.
    I'm not a big fan of the actress they have playing Salvor. I'm still kind of confused as to why they decided to gender swap Salvor, I mean it's not like this actress has given such a remarkable performance that you just couldn't just replace her with almost anyone else.

There's plenty of prominent female characters in this series, there is seriously no need to change the gender of existing characters.

I get a really scary vibe from Demerzel.
    What, you've never seen someone rip their face off before?

Okay now onto Wheel of Time....
    I just started too

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

We got the real romance from Azura, that's all we needed. And what? I had no idea Salvor was a male character in the books, damn would've been cool. The dynamic would've been much more serious and intriguing otherwise.
    Yes, plenty of cool female characters. Dem is my favourite, that priestess had a great defying vibe as well. And Azura for what little time she had, totally captured the scenes. Good potential there. Think she would've played a better Salvor than the current one.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I haven't watched the last episode yet, but I would say that I agree that the Emperors are 10/10, the romance except Azura is off-putting.
    Salvor and Dem were males. Honestly, I like them as females but that may be simply because I saw them as females here first.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Dem imo actually fits better as a female. Emperors being male while Dem acting as a mentor/mother looks very good. This is why the moment between Dem and Brother Dawn completely shocked me. Actress playing Dem has done a marvelous job, her internal conflict and mechanical behaviour is very well acted. Top stuff.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I agree.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I think Demerzel being female helps to serve as a sort of maternal figure for the Cleons.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123