Thread: [Award] Abdülmecid I for Novus

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default [Award] Abdülmecid I for Novus

Awarded for exceptional contributions to the site in the capacity of a staff member.

Abdülmecid I for Novus I've had this pending for so long, that I almost forgot. You'll pardon me but I was busy with my own trials. However, it seems yesterday that we introduced this silly Turkish Janissary in the ranks of the Greatest Leaders of the World (aka the Corrupted Seven) and look at him now.. everybody lie down in front on him, praising the great Overlord and begging his mercy, hoping for him to spare their life and not impale them, as they surely deserve.

I don't remember exactly the day he entered the Moderators' Sauna for the first time, it was long ago and you know, the steam and all that.. but since then he quickly became a fixed host and he often entertained us with his stories of how he infracted the bones, with his mace, of those puny commoners who dared to break the Terms of Sultan (aka ToS). His deeds are legendary and no one ever managed to match the brutality of his repression, ever. He sometimes lied in the course of his duty, but hey, this is what great leaders do!

Unfortunately, most of his crudest actions are covered by the Sultan non Disclosure (aka SnD), since they involve beheading, impaling and other funny activities, however, the signs of his glory are there for everybody to see:

Because only amethyst is strong enough to withstand his powerful harm!

Voted 3 times in a row as the Most Brutal Janissary of the Sultanate

What to say more? I personally have the maximum respect for the man, I've had the privilege to witness his level of thinking and his exceptional capacity as a Moderator, at every level. Truly a legend.

Also, don't you dare to oppose us, because

Spoiler for We are not alone!

Flinn
    Of the Church of
    The Latter Day Dude
    Last edited by Flinn; October 12, 2021 at 07:08 AM. Reason: bugging typo, dammit!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: [AWARD] Abdülmecid I for Novus

Truely deserved.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Truely deserved.
    Ah silly me, I forgot we had another powerful ally!

ps sorry Querida for comparing you with Big Angela, please don't hate me
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

This is one of the nominations that really deserves serious treatment and not the comical approach you have chosen here. Perhaps a more factual accounting of days served in each position, links to some of his more notable posts (he has quite a few in both the MudPit and Vestigia for example), and a more realistic appreciation of his impact on the board administration and activity as a staff member.

As you have it here now it appears you are relying on his moderation history? but Novus is much more than that.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Ah Querido, i never could hate you. And Angela even if she is not from my party is one of our better chancellors.

I don't know, Abdul has a fine sense of humour, i guess he likes a not too serious laudatio.

And even if you don't visit daily the dungeons and deeper dungeons, his posts especially in the pit and VV are the more well researched ones. Lightowers of wisedom in the darkness of party policy and hurray patriotism. I mean the man has a POTF Bronze medal.

If i could vote, he would have my voice.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; October 12, 2021 at 10:59 AM.

Edit: In the end it doesn't matter how much evidence you do deliver here, people will vote out of sympathy or not, as recent cases have shown.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; October 12, 2021 at 10:53 AM.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    This is one of the nominations that really deserves serious treatment and not the comical approach you have chosen here. Perhaps a more factual accounting of days served in each position, links to some of his more notable posts (he has quite a few in both the MudPit and Vestigia for example), and a more realistic appreciation of his impact on the board administration and activity as a staff member.

As you have it here now it appears you are relying on his moderation history? but Novus is much more than that.
    I think there is room for both comedy and seriousness but I agree that it would be nice to see more here than just his awards and a promise that he has many other accomplishments that are unable to be shared.

I believe Abdul to be worthy of this award, but I find this award proposal to be lacking in it's current state.

I will be abstaining.

p.s post is quite funny though

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Support. An oversight from senior staff that he hasn't got one already.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Support, quite deserved from what I can tell.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post

Lol I wonder if you actually read the reasoning of the award, I'll repeat it down here for your comfort, in case you missed it.

Awarded for exceptional contributions to the site in the capacity of a staff member.
    Therefore his posts in the Mudpit or the VV have nothing to do with this award. As a matter of fact those are important towards the Phalera award, which, low and behold, I proposed Abdul for about one year and a half ago. Also, administration has nothing to do with this award, since that is covered by the Divus.
    Next time please take care of properly distinguishing between awards, if you really want to make a point.
    And it's rather ironic that you pretend to tell me what a Novus is, since I'm a holder myself and I've proposed another 3 or 4 recipients in the past few years.

Anyways, each to his own I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    I think there is room for both comedy and seriousness but I agree that it would be nice to see more here than just his awards and a promise that he has many other accomplishments that are unable to be shared.

I believe Abdul to be worthy of this award, but I find this award proposal to be lacking in it's current state.

I will be abstaining.

p.s post is quite funny though
    Well this quite funny, honestly

However, as I said in the proposal itself, it is difficult to show the concrete contribution of a Moderator, since most of their deeds are covered by the SnD; you can link to an article or to a workshop or whatever, but you can't link to a report or an infraction or a PM conversation, for obvious reasons, therefore it becomes impossible to show publicly how his daily work of a Moderator could be considered excellent. I trust that more support will come from the other Moderators (and retired ones as well), who have witnessed his amazing contribution with their own eyes.

If more factual data is really needed, then please be my guest:

- Amethyst mace is usually given after over 3 years of continuous and distinguished service as a Moderator, which is quite a lot already. Abdul has served for another year and a half and is now close to 5 years of continuous and distinguished service, which is exceptional by itself, I'd say.

- As far as I can tell personally he's been the most active Moderator, in terms of number of total moderation actions per month, for almost every month he served (and often with a very large gap compared to the second), with very few exceptions.

- He's been a Mentor for long (for those who do not know, Mentores are a sort of Senior Moderators who, among the other things, accept the responsibility to train new moderators. i.e. lolI was my Mentor when I was a rookie long ago).

- The TWC Moderation award is of course self explanatory. Being voted for three years in a row by the site as a whole as the best Moderator is a clear evidence of the quality of his work in that position and how that is easily perceived by the membership as a whole. If more numbers are needed, I can tell you that in both 2019 and 2020 awards he was voted the best Moderator with over 50% of the total votes (54% and 64% respectively).

- While not mandatory per se, it is implied that anyone who is promoted into Hex because of their Staff work has already contributed exceptionally in their duties; this is what lolI is referring to with his comment.

I hope this will be enough to convince even the most skeptic Citizen.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

And for the sake of formality: support
    Last edited by King Athelstan; October 13, 2021 at 03:38 AM.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

this is what lolI is referring to with his comment.
    I think he's just calling them out for being lazy and not nominating him themselves, leaving it to an old retired curmudgeon like yourself .

Anyway, you've convinced me.

Support

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I had the privilege of witnessing first hand the wielding of the mace by this master - truly deserving of this award indeed.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

One of my brightest students in my times as Moderation Mentor. The pupil has long surpassed the master, of course.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

^^ That's just because you're getting old Iskar

I've been working with the Pacha (Abdülmecid I) in Moderation during several years. He has showed a tireless commitment and a great dedication in a task that can be ungrateful sometimes. A well deserved recognition
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

damn I'm getting old too, I forgot to ask this to be moved to vote when possible

thanks

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Moved to vote .

Vote here.

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Award] Abdülmecid I for Novus

Vote passed, congrats to Abdul for his Novus!