Thread: [2.35A] [Mac] CTD after reopening of app on the loading screen

Icon1 [2.35A] [Mac] CTD after reopening of app on the loading screen

I am running MacOS Catalina with M2TW from Steam. After installing 2.35A (using ditto command via terminal, no_banner, settlements folder all that), EBII ran beautifully. No CTDs even with a battle and campaign screen. Autosave is off. I save the game and call it quit. Open it the next day.

Opens loading screen for main menu and instant CTD. I have replicated this problem. Runs perfect the first time. CTD on the second opening.

Are other Mac players able to play 2.35A? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Default Re: [2.35A] [Mac] CTD after reopening of app on the loading screen

Quick update: I noticed the files in the patch were uppercase. Converted them to lowercase with automator (get specified finder items -> get folder contents -> change case -> run). Used ditto to combine post-R1 fix with R1 at first. Then made a backup of EB 2.35 and used ditto on the R1 (now with post-R1 included) onto EB 2.35 folder. Still not working.

I am going to try copying the files individually and report back.

FYI, I don't have any submods installed currently. Plan on using enhanced campaign movement, unit descriptions and crimson tide.

Mac players, please chime in.

Update: I copied and replaced the files individually as detailed above. The mod opens the first time, then CTD on second reopening. Reverted back to 2.35.

What am I missing from 2.35A? The changelog mentions nothing. Also, I have combined the R1 and post-R1 patch with ditto and converted all to lowercase. How do I share it here for others (I have google account)?

Final Update: I conclusively state that 2.35A does not work for MacOS Catalina with Steam M2TW by Feral. Reverting back to 2.35. FYI 2.35 works perfectly with crimson tide submod, enhanced campaign movement edit, enhanced unit descriptions submod and audiomachine music submod.

Hope the team will look into this.

PS. I have found the complete changelog for 2.35A.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ight=changelog

Have you tried going into /data/sounds and deleting the .idx files?

Hey! Thanks for the reply.

Yes! I have deleted the data/sounds/*.idx as explained in the R1 instructions. The first time it runs, it creates these new *.idx files. The second time it crashes. I tried removing them again, but to no avail. 2.35A straight up says NO after the 1st run.

Personally I've never been able to successfully run EBII on a Mac. Something always seems to go wrong (last time it was siege battles, and removing the settlements folder didn't help), so I usually just run it in Windows now.

What are all the steps you've taken to get it to run on your Mac? If you list them out, maybe someone here will be able to spot something you've missed.
    Last edited by Aleksander the Average; April 28, 2021 at 11:30 AM.
    . .

Sorry guys I just remembered that M2TW by Feral Interactive will no longer work after you've updated your Mac beyond Mojave

https://steamcommunity.com/app/4700/...8693692908740/

I conclusively state that 2.35A does not work for MacOS Catalina with Steam M2TW by Feral. Reverting back to 2.35. FYI 2.35 works perfectly
    I'm seeing exactly the same as described for MacOS Mojave too.