Thread: Question about startpos.esf

Quasar5's Avatar Foederatus

Default Question about startpos.esf

I can't find the answer in any tutorial I checked, so maybe I could get it here:

Is it possible to merge two startpos.esf files OR to run two mods with startpos.esf files so that both work in game OR to edit existing startpos.esf file?

I finally managed to get BOB to work (it didn't work because of a stupid reason - it was installed on another hard drive than the game ). So I wanted to edit some start_pos tables and the changes I make work fine in game BUT I don't wan't to abandon one mod I use that includes startpos.esf file (the mod that increases regional building slots limit).

Btw, does anyone know what table needs to be edited in order to change regional trade resources like gems or obsidian (I mean assigning a specific resource to a specific region/settlement)? I checked all the tables with "region", "settlement" and "resource" in the table's name but couldn't find anything relevant. I know in Rome II it is done simply by changing main regional building chain since the main government building is also the resource building at the same time but it seems in WH1/2 it's done in a completely different way.
    Maybe I could change avaiable resource building chain for the given region but I can't find any table that assignes avaiable building chains to regions/settlements.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Question about startpos.esf

1. Not really. Startpos are not compatible, that's the big issue when modding the startpos compared to script and DB. You can have both run in the same time (it would be a bit like trying to load two save game from two different campaign at the same time). You should however be able to edit a startpos to put what you want inside, but I'm not sure how to do that. If what you want is just to increase regional building slots limit, your best solution is probably to just add that part to your own startpos edit. It's not too difficult to do (if it is what I think have 12 slots in Altdorf instead of 10 for exemple).

2. It is also in the startpos, edit with AssKit. Start_pos_region_slot_templates. Where you assign a slot template to a region. And the slot_templates table match this to a resource

Quasar5's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Question about startpos.esf

Thank you A LOT for all your help!