Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thera - Emergent Minifactions (release for 2021)

Default Thera - Emergent Minifactions (release for 2021)

Thank you all for your interest and support, especially to those that helped me with banners and stories and kind words.
    Also great respect for
    TheFirstONeill, the Father of Thera, and his team.
    I hope that
    TheFirstONeill is alive and well and I apologize to him for going against his old rules, but many years have passed since then and I did it in the hope to improve some things and because I love the mod very much.

Download links:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WeL...ew?usp=sharing

https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-leg...ment/downloads

Some of the main corrections and changes:

MAP
    -changed climate
    -changed rivers
    -changed water
    -changed names for many landmasses, provinces and cities
    -new provinces and cities added
    -customizable maps made for the players who want strategy and planning
    -all the old factions are re-positioned on the map

FACTIONS
    -all factions have new names for their leaders, heirs, generals, fleets, castles, etc
    -all factions start with significant armies

-15 old factions with minor modifications
    -Faustian Reich, Sycorax Nation, Warriors of Kukulcan, Paynál Empire, Lao Khanate and The League of Privateers remain almost the same, with minor modifications
    -Men of Valhalla changed to the Pact of Iron, with some new units and a few changes
    -Gaelic Nation changed to Clans of Brewall, with a few changes
    -Royaume des Bons Chevaliers changed to the Covenant of the Good Knights, with some new units and a few changes
    -Teutonic Order changed to the Holy Sword Brethren, with a few changes
    -Uruk Dominion changed to the Freehold of Demosia, with a few changes
    -Romuli Empire changed to Romuli Republic, with some new units and a few changes
    -Men of Wotan remodeled and changed to Men of Ysmirr
    -Grand Duchy of Dracule remodeled and changed to Sovereign Order of the Dragon
    -Tahar Caliphate remodeled and changed to The Assabiyah of the Taharids

-7 old factions remodeled significantly or totally
    -The Inquisition significantly remodeled
    -Vashta Sultanate significantly remodeled and changed to Vashta Guilds
    -Ducado de Sangre Valiente significantly remodeled and changed to The Money States
    -Barka Sultanate significantly remodeled and changed to The Twin Malekates of Araz and Padmea
    -Kingdom of Avalon totally changed to The Heretic Houses
    -The Order of the Pale Knights totaly changed to the Constant Imperium
    -Povos da Hispania totally changed to Hadean Magocracy

-8 new factions added
    -Blessed Armada of Deliverance
    -Noble Varia Seats
    -Most Splendid State of Trantos
    -Celestial Dynasty
    -Xenatan Regime
    -Phobosian Tyranny
    -The Triarchy
    -Klingon Authority

DIPLOMACY
    -changed starting diplomatic situation, the Inquisition has a more tight control over the Chivalric Orders
    -change faction opinions, factions with the same or similar religions have more friendly relations, while factions with a history of conflict have bad relations or start the campaign at war with each other

REBELS
    -rebels can be divided in 38 sub-factions, each one with its own different units and lore
    -rebels are more aggressive

UNITS
    -Noble Varia Seats, Blessed Armada of Deliverance, Xenatan Regime, The Triarchy and the Phobosian Tyranny have a mix of old and new units
    -Most Splendid State of Trantos, Celestial Dynasty, and Klingon Authority have only new units
    -new battle flags for 12 factions
    -units have changed stats based on their class:
    ###Irregulars – average quality, high morale, average recruitment price, average upkeep on campaigns, one turn to train
    ###Tribal/Feudal Elites – high quality, high morale, low recruitment price, high upkeep on campaigns, one turn to train
    ###Tribal/Feudal levies – average quality, average morale, average recruitment price, average upkeep on campaigns, one turn to train
    ###Urban militia – average quality, low morale, average recruitment price, average upkeep on campaigns, one turn to train
    ###Religious zealots – average quality, high morale, low recruitment price, low upkeep on campaigns
    ###Free Professionals – high quality, high morale, high recruitment price, high upkeep on campaigns, two turns to train
    ###Slave Professionals – high quality, average morale, high recruitment price, average upkeep on campaign, two turns to train
    ###Mercenaries – average quality, average morale, high recruitment price, high upkeep when garrisoned in settlements or on campaign

RELIGIONS
    -all religions have minor or major changes
    -Christianity changed to Gnostic Faith and crusades changed to Great Purges
    -Islam changed to Death Cults with and jihad changed to Retributions
    -The Privateers, Vashta assassins and corsairs and Hadean Mages can launch Retributions in the name of their underworld gods
    -two new religions added, the cult of pleasure for Trantos and some rebels, and the gods of war for Pact of Jarls, Xenata and the Triarchy
    -the paganism is redefined as ancestor worship, better fitting the stories of Brewall, Klingons and Lao Khanate

PORTRAITS
    -all factional characters and many important rebels, at the start of the campaign, have unique portraits
    -all rebel or factional characters have new portraits
    -unique factional portraits for Heretic Houses
    -unique factional portraits for Most Splendid State of Trantos
    -unique factional portraits for League of Privateers
    -unique factional portraits for Vashta Guilds
    -unique factional portraits for Assabiyah of the Taharids
    -unique factional portraits for Twin Malekates of Araz and Padmea
    -unique factional portraits for Xenatan Regime
    -unique factional portraits for Lao Khanate
    -unique factional portraits for Celestial Dynasty
    -unique factional portraits for Hadean Magocracy
    -unique factional portraits for Klingon Remote Authority

BUILDINGS
    -the majority of buildings are remodeled
    -added many unique buildings
    -new images for buildings

STORIES
    -except for the mesocalan factions, all the others have modified or completely new stories

TRAITS & ANCILLARIES
    -all ancillaries are new
    -a few new traits
    -4 political parties in the Senate of Romuli Republic
    -new ancillary system with regional and factional ancillaries

SCRIPT
    -all new factions introduced to the script
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; November 05, 2021 at 07:33 AM.

Default Re: Thera - Emergent Minifactions (release for 2021)

Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Great news, Boyar!
    Thank you for sharing your vision of Thera with us, and I look forward to start a campaign. With the Sovereign Order of the Dragon, of course!

So, first impressions:
    - the starting position of Dracules is awesome, sandwiched between the slave soldiers of Vashta and the Varia Boyars and with the Blood Plague zombies all over Translavia, it really gives a feeling of total war!
    - I looked a bit to the Klingons and I personally liked them, the portraits for commanders and also for princesses are very nice, and they add a welcome challenge to Bellika landmass. If they would have more than one starting settlement for more Klingon based ancillaries would have been also nice.
    - The Constanti and the Romuli unique legions are very interesting and also the factions start the campaign directly involved into surrounding wars, very trilling man!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to play and see your new lore!

Hey i'm actually having an issue, it has all of your code and whatnot but nothing is different with my game, how are you meant to install this mod? I gave it te 4g patch and everything.

Nevermind, finally figured it out, have no idea what was wrong but oh well

Ok i'm sorry if this is a bit spammy now, but i should tell you that the game crashes when you select All in the era tab of the custom battle.

Yeah, perhaps to many troops for faction, but that is a minor bug, the campaign works fine for me

So i've played as Phobossian Tyranny some time and i did like it. The gameplay is interesting but financially unstable due of big armies at the start of campaign, from the beginning you have to use all your money and troops to take neighboring cities and sack them. The map looks much more detailed and beautiful than original. Diplomatic situation looks also quite fun: southern continent drowns in war chaos between legions, Demosia, hesperosian and asian factions. Same thing on Translavia. It makes the game feels like royal battle without mercy.

It's a great mod Boyar! To be honest i like it more than original Thera. It was definitely worth the wait. I was to ask you, do you have a plan to support submod in future? Adding new content and fixing bugs? Because i think the mod will get better through time.

I'm glad you like it.
    I plan to add some nice ministerial ancillaries for all factions, (ex: Noble Hetman of the Vikia/Vlagon Border, Order Reclusiarch, Provost Meister, Magus Arcarius, Sacred Guardian of Padmea), but that will be in November or December.
    I also hope that Buckethell will be interested in the submod and will improve the banners and the interfaces. He has created the symbols for Varia, Trantos, Xenata, Phobossia and Hadean Magocracy.
    Or some great modders like Gigantus, who have the knowledge to create an environment more fitting to a post-cataclysmic world, with more plagues, storms and earthquakes.
    And I will think about making a new thread with the bug reports.

Yeah but still, quickly checking over the unit roster with easy access to models and what not is important for my projects and a lot of units can go unnoticed if you don't do all era.

When I clicked on a faction in custom battle, i automatically got a ctd. I fixed some of the bugs but these keep on repeating itself. Any ideas why that is the case?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Random question, how many factions do you have in custom battle, i'm missing like half of them.

It is a limit, they can't appear all at once, but you can open descr_sm_factions and change custom_battle_availability to "no" for the factions you don't like so much, and make room from the rest, so that you can add to their custom_battle_availability "yes". If add "yes" to the custom_battle_availability of all, they will appear in the game just the in the same number as now.

Been trying the mod for the past couple of days, and it's been great overall. The new lore, revamped units and general overhaul have been great. The new factions are all interesting and truly flesh out the stories of Thera. However, a suggestion I have is to make the starting economy less punishing for factions. It's definitely understandable if some factions have a hard starting eco because of lore reasons, but in the 6-7 factions I've tried in the past couple of days, the starting economy has been a bit too hard in my opinion in that the only method was to either attack the powerful minor factions or disband 90% of your army in order to stabilize your economy.

hey try uploading this on thera's page on moddb https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-leg...-great-torment since this is for og thera and not redux

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

THIS.IS.AWESOME!
    Gah, I love it so much!
    The only problem I have is some of the faction names just don't sound right.
    I feel like the names Covenant of the Good Knights, Holy Sword Order, Hadean Mageocracy, The Money City States and the Varia Noble Seats just doesn't really fit with all the other intersting faction names that you've created. I also feel really allign with typical realm naming conevtions. This isn't meant to be a negative criticism of your work by the way and I hope you don't take it as such!
    Of course I recognise that this is your submod and you have your own vision for what you want the faction names etc to be. I also understand how much work goes into mods like this, I have worked on several my self, including one for Thera, many many years ago which was sadly lost before I could post it.
    This all being said, I have some suggestions if you're interested?

EDIT:
    In case you are interested, here is a link to a google doc with some suggestions.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by isa0005; November 04, 2021 at 11:09 AM.

Didn't you heard about the Covenanters of the English Civil War or the Livonian Order of the Sword, or the Saxon and Szekely Seats of Transylvania? I used real history as inspiration.
    The Money States is a name for the troops of Medici and Borgia rebels of the original Thera.
    Also, a magocracy is a polity ruled by Mages, in that case, the Mages of Hades. I wanted to give to the names of the southern states the difference an also the simplicity, in order to create the possibility to quickly name them colloquially as just "The Tyranny", "The Triarchy", "The Republic", "The Imperium", "The Magocracy" or "The Freehold" and still know who is who.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenanters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livoni...s_of_the_Sword

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unio_Trium_Nationum

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar of Translavia View Post
    Didn't you heard about the Covenanters of the English Civil War or the Livonian Order of the Sword, or the Saxon and Szekely Seats of Transylvania? I used real history as inspiration.
    The Money States is a name for the troops of Medici and Borgia rebels of the original Thera.
    Also, a magocracy is a polity ruled by Mages, in that case, the Mages of Hades. I wanted to give to the names of the southern states the difference an also the simplicity, in order to create the possibility to quickly name them colloquially as just "The Tyranny", "The Triarchy", "The Republic", "The Imperium", "The Magocracy" or "The Freehold" and still know who is who.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenanters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livoni...s_of_the_Sword

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unio_Trium_Nationum
    Oh I've certainly heard of them all and I knew exactly where you got the names from and yes I'm certainly aware of the term Magocracy
    I just felt that some of the names didn't match the 'feel' of the others present in the mod.
    The Holy Sword Order for example in my ears would sound better if it were the Order of the Holy Sword, much like the Livonian Order of the Sword. Do you see what I mean? You can still keep those simple naming conventions even with the alterations.
    I'm not entierly sure how to explain it but I mean no disrespect!
    Last edited by isa0005; November 05, 2021 at 10:09 PM.

hellou boyar of transilvania,would you consider balancing out the factions so they dont start on the negative at the begining of the campaign?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast