Thread: Bribe problem

Default Bribe problem

As title says i have strange problem when i want to bribe. I play as spain and have around 100k in treasury and when i try to bribe rebels or enemy diplomats some get bribed easily for 2k and some even weaker reject my offers entirely. I dont know if its a bug or just a normal thing. I also checked and these who recected didnt even had any traits for rejecting bribes

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bribe problem

Afaik a certain random\chance element is involved when it comes to bribing. Try some turns later again.

Yeah, you can also ask again, sometimes the second or third shot works.

46thCharlemagne's Avatar Libertus
    Central Republic of Dindunuffinz Raggamuffinz

The two traits I've noticed greatly reduce the bribe cost (and therefore make it even possible during some offers) are Secretive and SmoothTalker. Likely also their overall Diplomacy value as well.

Just finished a long campaign as England and towards the end I meant to bribe a rebel army in the Sinai peninsula area, but forgot that it had a named general leading it. I clicked to accept the proposed offer without paying much attention since I had literally over 2 million florins at that point, and later saw that this foreign traitor I bought had cost me over ONE MILLION florins to buy. Ouch.

I have had diplomat on steroids fail bribes. I Am convinced there is some RNG involved