Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pike&Shot Total War (UPDATED, SEARCHING FOR HELP)

Default Pike&Shot Total War (UPDATED, SEARCHING FOR HELP)

Pike&shot Total War - it's a global mod on Napoleon Total War that change every aspect of the game to make historical and realistic representation of 17th century.

Features
    -several campaigns with tree global campaigns: Thirty years' war (1618-1648, global), Ogniem i mechem/Time of revolutions (1648-1660, with accent on Eastern Europe and struggles in England, France and Spain), Wars of the Sun king (1660-1714, global), War of the Grand Alliance (1688-1697, with accent on France and main countries of the Grand Alliance), War of Spanish Succession/Great Northern War (1701-1714 and 1700-1721, global).
    -new baroque-style UI with unique features for main factions.
    -historically accurate diplomacy and starting positions before the Thirty years' war.
    -historically accurate units from
    Colonialism 1600AD: World at war
    -many playable factions.
    -new technologies.
    -new effects from buildings, technologies and events.
    -in future: unique historical scripts and missions for each big faction.
    -in future: historical portraits.
    -in future: new music.
    -in plans: unique music, UI, loading screens and event pictures for main factions.

Factions
    PLYABLE, Thirty years' war
    Major
    -Kingdom of England
    -Kingdom of Sweden
    -Kingdom of France
    -Habsburg Monarchy
    -Iberian Union
    -Ottoman Empire
    -Crimean Khanate
    -Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
    -Republic of the Seven United Netherlands
    -Tsardom of Russia

Minor
    -Brandengurg-Prussia
    -Duchy of Brunswick-Luneburg
    -Duchy of Palatinate-Neuburg
    -Duchy of Savoy
    -Republic of Genoa
    -Denmark-Norway
    -Electorate of Saxony
    -Langraviate of Hesse-Kassel
    -Papal States
    -Duchy of Courland and Semigallia
    -Principality of Transylvania
    -Swiss Confederation
    -The most Serene Republic of Venice
    -Duchy of Württemberg

UNPLAYABLE
    -Duchy of Lorraine
    -Duchy of Pomerania-Stettin
    -Kingdom of Scotland
    -Duchy of Mecklenburg
    -County of Oldenburg
    -Principality of Moldavia

EMERGENT
    -Cossack Hetmanate
    -Kingdom of Portugal
    -Principality of Wallachia
    -Irish Confederation
    -Kingdom of Bohemia

PLYABLE Ogniem i mechem/Time of revolutions
    -Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
    -Cossack Hetmanate
    -Tsardom of Russia
    -Ottoman Empire
    -Principality of Transylvania
    -Principality of Wallachia?
    -Kingdom of Sweden?
    -Crimean Khanate

-Commonwealth of England
    -Kingdom of France
    -Kingdom of Spain
    -Covenanters?

Rest are in the future

Screenshots

Campaign

Tactic

Download link

More information is on Discord channel - link.
    Last edited by Danylo; November 04, 2021 at 05:26 PM.

Default Re: Pike&Shot Total War (UPDATED, SEARCHING FOR HELP)

Mod is under development, so the link will be later. Everyone can write his proposals, suggestions or provide help, because i need people who have knowledge about scripts, or can make a portraits, or basically everything, i'm open to requests.

By the way, those who have knowledge in 17th century can write or sent links with quotes of famous people from this period. I will put them on loading screens.

Indefinitely Banned

Wow!! It looks amazing so far! I like to help somehow if possible.

Congratulations Danylo. I 've been following your work for Empire total war. And i never knew the napoleon map could be modded as could not the empire map however. Good luck and I'll be following!
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEOFKINGWARMAN88 View Post
    Wow!! It looks amazing so far! I like to help somehow if possible.
    How exactly could you help?

Can someone upload the mod? The download link takes me to an empty folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Can someone upload the mod? The download link takes me to an empty folder.
    Mod isn't completed yet, read first message. I hope soon it will be available to pay in single payer battles and maybe very raw campaign.

Fantastic!! I've been waiting for a Pike & Shot Total War for such a long time already, so the announcement of your mod is like a dream come true. I sincerely hope you'll be able to see this through. Unfortunately, I cannot offer help, but I'll be impatiently waiting for it to become playable.
    La Garde meurt mais ne se rend pas!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikator View Post
    Fantastic!! I've been waiting for a Pike & Shot Total War for such a long time already, so the announcement of your mod is like a dream come true. I sincerely hope you'll be able to see this through. Unfortunately, I cannot offer help, but I'll be impatiently waiting for it to become playable.
    You can write your suggestions about improvements of the mod, how do you see it, or ideas about new technologies, characters, events, scripts, traits and other things. It's better to write in Discord, but you can do it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danylo View Post
    You can write your suggestions about improvements of the mod, how do you see it, or ideas about new technologies, characters, events, scripts, traits and other things. It's better to write in Discord, but you can do it here.
    I'll be happy to provide feedback; not on Discord though, I am way too old for those things. However, I do understand it correctly that the mod is not playable yet, don't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikator View Post
    I'll be happy to provide feedback; not on Discord though, I am way too old for those things. However, I do understand it correctly that the mod is not playable yet, don't I?
    Yes, mod is under development and can be payable in few weeks. However, there will be very raw campaign with few scripts and not big amount of units, many of which also have to be changed. But you will be able to try it, pass some turns and write your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Danylo View Post
    Yes, mod is under development and can be payable in few weeks. However, there will be very raw campaign with few scripts and not big amount of units, many of which also have to be changed. But you will be able to try it, pass some turns and write your feedback.
    Great, looking forward!

Made some tests of new formations that will be in mod. Now there is one almost complete formation of 16th century - early 17th century tercio that will be available at the beginning for most factions. I also changed many stats, fatigue and morale effects and historical amount of units for many factions. Tercio still need some improvements, but now it's quite good. There will be several formations for different factions and different period of time: early tercio, as i said, Dutch "linear" formation that was used in the Battle of Nieuwport, Swedish brigades formation, reformed tercio of 1630th (basically Dutch formation with some changes), Polish formation, maybe some different formations for France and England. In plans also are Russian and Ottoman formations, but it need to do some research for them.

Battle tercio vs tercio
    https://youtu.be/5RLeR3CNWFk
    Battle Swedish brigade (not available now yet, made by myself during deployment)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPNA...26shotTotalWar

Battle Dutch "linear" formation (not available now yet, made by myself during deployment)
    https://youtu.be/5RLeR3CNWFk

There are some more videos on the channel, for example - different type of firing for Sweden (controlled salvo) and basic mass fire. And some videos of less successful tests
    Last edited by Danylo; November 13, 2021 at 01:00 AM.

Damn, i don't know how to add normal YouTube video, so there are links.

Indefinitely Banned

I sent you a PM Danylo by the way.

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

I'm eager to see this mod!

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Release of working beta will be soon. I'm now finishing diplomacy and making formations. Here are an example of formation, there are some videos of tests on the channel. I will also make a version for the multiplayer with some changes that can't be done for the single player because of AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeGb...26shotTotalWar

Mod is almost ready for the release of beta campaign - i've testing campaign and made some changes so now it's quite interesting and hard to play. I've even managed to reconstruct Battle of White Mountain. So it only need to some further fixes and change in groupformation - i suppose, release will be next week.

And here are some screens of the White Mountain. I'm also reminding about my Discord channel where are more information and work in progress https://discord.gg/dXNRn9js66

Mod is released.

Installation:
    1. Unpack the files from the Data of the mod to the Data folder of the game.
    2. Unzip the user.script file to C: \ Users \ Your Profile Name \ AppData \ Roaming \ The Creative Assembly \ Napoleon \ scripts.

In the Additional mods folder there are mods for smoke and large battle maps. They can be installed at will, no need to write in scripts.

In the Faction-specific UI folder there are mods that change the interface for some countries, they are all signed. Before playing for any of the countries for which there is an interface, drag the corresponding mini-mod into the Data of the game. There can be only ONE mod with interface in the Data folder. If you want to play for another faction, delete the mod for the previous faction and put mod on another faction.

In the graphics folder there is a file with optimal medium-high graphics settings and a modified gamma for more atmosphere. It can be set as desired in C: \ Users \ Your profile name \ AppData \ Roaming \ The Creative Assembly \ Napoleon \ scripts. After that, you CANNOT go into the graphics settings in the mod, otherwise they will be reset. You can change the settings in the preferences.script file itself, it's easy to figure it out. But before that you need to press on the right mouse button and uncheck the "read-only" checkbox. After changing the file, change the checkbox back to read-only.

IMPORTANT POINTS OF THE GAME:
    CRASHES. The mod is not fully stable and there can be crashes during the passing of turn, loading an autosave DOES NOT HELP. So be sure to make separate saves (not autosave or quicksave) before each turn, it is also better to have a backup save one turn back. That is, before turn 3 you should have a save with turn 2 and turn 1. In case of a crash, simply load the save from the previous turn.

SCRIPTS. In the mod there are many scripts for wars and, to a lesser extent, for peace treaties, but if a script for a war is triggered, the player does not receive any notification - so after each move, be sure to check your diplomacy! The scripts for the war are mainly triggered from the side of the attacking side - for example, when playing for Poland in 1619, the Ottoman Empire will attack you, but when playing for the Ottoman Empire, there will be no script - but a turn or two before the war you will receive a mission of capturing the settlement of that faction, with which there must be a war. You can ignore the mission and then there will be no war (unless the AI ​​of the other faction decides to attack itself).

DIFFICULTY. The recommended difficulty for the campaign is high, for experienced players it is very high. The recommended difficulty of battles is high if you are not a masochist. You can choose a high difficulty for campaign and very high difficulty for battles, or vice versa - but it is not recommended to choose a very high difficulty in both options at once - the AI ​​has many buffs on the last difficulties and the battles here are completely different than in other games.

BATTLES. It is important to remember that this is not an Empire or Napoleon, but a mod about the 17th century and you need to fight accordingly. In the mod, the characteristics of units and weapons have been completely changed and there are also completely new formations that you need to adhere to - it is better to fight several battles on high difficulty in custom battles before the campaign, understand what is what and get used to it. The main rule is not to break formation and formation, try to keep units close, not to stretch and keep reserves. In battles, there are three formations that you can use - triple line standard, triple line integrated artillery and triple line grand battery. I recommend choosing the triple line standard. Also at the end of the battle it is recommended to select "end the battle" not to finish off the AI ​​troops - this is more interesting.

Download

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast