Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pike&Shot Total War (UPDATED, SEARCHING FOR HELP)

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Pike&Shot Total War (UPDATED, SEARCHING FOR HELP)

This mod is too unstable! It crashed twice on the faction selection screen - also some of the faction icons reverted back to the vanilla flags - and it crashed at the end of turn one. I hope this can be made more stable as I really want to play it, but in its current state that isn't feasible Please note that I had no other mods installed, when playing new mods I always install the game from fresh.

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

I know about crash in faction selection menu, it's common problem in Empire and Napoleon and i'm not sure how to fix it. So you just have to choose what faction do you want to play and then click on it without choosing other factions - another solution i don't know yet.
    And what do you mean about reverted flag? For what faction do you play? I never had crash on first turn, usually after some turns. Save game and load it, maybe it will help.

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

What I mean by "reverted" is that on the faction selection screen some of your faction icons had changed back to the vanilla flag. I tried to play as England.

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

You had probably installed mod wrong because in the selection menu the only vanilla flag has Hessen if i remember. Other people play for England and don't have crashes.

Little important update: fixes some random rebellions, rebel armies, prices for Swedish units and diplomacy. Put into Data, it is save-compatible.

Link

I'm trying to play a campaign for Sweden. Don't see development icons - industrial?

Not all the buildings have the correct icons yet. But in the handful of campaigns I've played, I've not had any issues with buildings.

I am not talking about building icons, but about the technological development of the university. Only the Civil and Militari sectors can be developed in the Swedish campaign. Industrial options are hazy - unusable.

This will be fixed in next update.

As you could see, i'm not very active here - all my work in progress and new information is on Discord server. I continue reworking units and i will be making it for about month or more. Here are some pictures of reworked units.

Here is a little fix that reduce possibility of crashes, add Guild to Sweden, fix technology. Put into Data, to continue campaign download only Pike&Shot_mod.

Download

I uploaded the patch files to Data, but after launching a new campaign for Sweden, the Industrial technology tree cannot be used again. I am doing something wrong?

You have to build Guild for that. It is possible either in Finland, either in Ingria as i remember.

Thank you for the advice. This solves the problem.

Great work done my friend, just downloaded your mod. I can't see units names though. Have I done something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Great work done my friend, just downloaded your mod. I can't see units names though. Have I done something wrong?
    Check if you have col.loc.pack in the Data. Most of units have names.

During the campaign for Sweden, if I attack Poland and occupy the city, the game does not load and falls into WIN.

This situation occurs only during the conquest and occupation of Riga-Estonia.

Mod has been updated.
    Changelog:

-New scripts,
    -New battle maps, created by Napoleon community, including NTW3 Lordz team,
    -New loading screens pictures,
    -New buildings,
    -New BAI and CAI,
    -New units,
    -New historical characters,
    -New 17th century ships from Empire Total War,
    -New flags and portraits,
    -New technologies and effects,
    -New traits and historical events,
    -Increased stability.

Installation:

1. Unpack the files from the Data of the mod to the Data folder of the game.
    2. Unzip the user.script file to C: \ Users \ Your Profile Name \ AppData \ Roaming \ The Creative Assembly \ Napoleon \ scripts.
    3. Choose campaign mode you want to play in "Campaign modes" folder: Arcade, Semi-Historical, or Historical and open README. Main differences between them are in diplomacy restrictions and scripted wars, more details you can read in README. If you want to play in Arcade mode, open "Arcade" folder and drag "mp_eur_napoleon" into Data/campaigns. You can change modes during campaign.

Download

Hotfix - unpack to Data.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I played it last week and so far I havent had any crashes though I have only played as Poland so far. I'm glad there is a 1600s mod on NTW. I have not modded NTW before though have thought of trying it out. Well done.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast