Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chat Thread (rules included in the opening post)

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Chat Thread (rules included in the opening post)

No, he's actually always been that way.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Indefinitely Banned

Anyone here suffer from insomnia like I do?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

No, its 7 am beyond the pond , time to stand up.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Most definitely. Always have.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

get tired people, you'll sleep then don't worry
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    get tired people, you'll sleep then don't worry
    Very true .

I wish I can find another job. The one I have is easy but my boss made me mad with my schedule recently, didn’t approve my time off for this week…… until yesterday (I got mondays and Tuesday’s off), I just told him stick me back on the schedule. Like why do I want to take a week off at short notice with no plans made because you couldn’t do your job and let me know prior? He didn’t give me a day off when I needed it last time hence the surprise yesterday. So now I work 2nd shift this week and going to look like a fool to my 1st shift colleagues.

Blog Entries

what a mf

however, better distinguish about being stressed and being tired, the former is the cause of the insomnia, the latter is the honey of sleep.

I stopped being stressed long ago and added a healthy physical routine to my life (my vineyard, but it can be sport for you) and now I sleep much better ... I mean if not that I'm getting old and the damned prostate sends me to piss 2 times per night ..
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Indefinitely Banned

It’s okay, he’s going to love me this week when I put my request in for my transatlantic cruise in January and my 2nd trip by air to Europe in March .

Blog Entries

revenge is a dish better served cold

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

And with dipping sauce
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Indefinitely Banned

I like Pizza Hut breadsticks, just thought of it since you mentioned dripping sauce Sir Adrian.

My mother asked me the other day “How do you know he will give you all that time off with or even without pay”?
    Well since we short staffed the way it is, true, but one the younger ones I work with like the overtime, well a few of them do, and two since I’m one of 4 that helps with the overtime and everyone else is unreliable in regards to attendance, he’s going to approve it. A happy Warman is a well productive and loyal Warman .

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

revenge is a dish better served cold
    Says the man who's never set anyone's house on fire for crossing him

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEOFKINGWARMAN88 View Post
    Very true .

I wish I can find another job. The one I have is easy but my boss made me mad with my schedule recently, didn’t approve my time off for this week…… until yesterday (I got mondays and Tuesday’s off), I just told him stick me back on the schedule. Like why do I want to take a week off at short notice with no plans made because you couldn’t do your job and let me know prior? He didn’t give me a day off when I needed it last time hence the surprise yesterday. So now I work 2nd shift this week and going to look like a fool to my 1st shift colleagues.
    These are the type of occasions where you get to test your boundaries. Whenever your management tries to screw you in some way and puts you into a corner you have to openly talk and tell them "I don't like it but since I respect you, I'll comply this one time but next time please show me the same courtesy." Plain and polite.

If the boss values this, he will start treating you better and as an equal. If he lashes out and acts like a dick, you know from that day you need to look for a better job. Never become relaxed in any work environment. That's the mistake many employees make being comfy in just 1 organization. Be passionate & loyal towards your work not your company.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    These are the type of occasions where you get to test your boundaries. Whenever your management tries to screw you in some way and puts you into a corner you have to openly talk and tell them "I don't like it but since I respect you, I'll comply this one time but next time please show me the same courtesy." Plain and polite.

If the boss values this, he will start treating you better and as an equal. If he lashes out and acts like a dick, you know from that day you need to look for a better job. Never become relaxed in any work environment. That's the mistake many employees make being comfy in just 1 organization. Be passionate & loyal towards your work not your company.
    Good point and I agree, especially with the last half. My father got to relaxed in his last job as a Dean and I warned him 2 years prior that the new boss was getting rid of all the good ones and he was going to be one of the last to go and he didn't believe me. Sure enough, 2 years later, his contract was not renewed and he was one of the last to get let go.

I figure to, it's good to be helpful but you can only help the company so much before it doesn't matter in the end. So what if I work all this overtime? If I make one mistake on the job, however honest it may be, if it makes my boss look bad and cause him money, I will probably get fired without notice. I enjoy the work and talking to people, but yes, to the company, I have no loyalty. I always say half jokey, I got loyalty to any company as long as the money keeps coming and even then it may not be enough .

I always look for something better. Plus, I think doing security (daytime office site), it makes people "lazy". I don't mean that as a insult to anyone but I think a easy site like that to work at, we just sit at a desk all day, watch YouTube, help some of the actual employees coming in and that's it. If you do that long enough, no matter the pay and so-so benefits, you may not want to move onto a better job because you going to actually have to do some work of "work". That's another reason why I like to get out. Is it easy? Yes. Simple, defiantly, but I know if I stay here long enough, it will turn me mentally lazy at some point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post

I very much agree with this as well, and let me add that you will be exploited in the measure you let them exploit you.

And yes, being passionate about your job and not your company is exactly what a professional should be doing... professionalism is a state of mind, it has nothing to do with the work you are actually doing, but with how you do it.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

That and learning to say "no" to people are very valuable lessons.

Blog Entries

yes being a yes man is terrible under every aspect, I agree

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

yes
    hmm

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks for the advice everyone I really appreciated it. Today I’m putting in my time off requests for my two trips so I’ll see how it goes and I already got another interview lined up for Friday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    hmm