Thread: When Will Broken Crescent 3.0 be released?

Icon5 When Will Broken Crescent 3.0 be released?

I remember reading about Broken Crescent 3.0 ages ago and I'm wondering when will it be released?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: When Will Broken Crescent 3.0 be released?

Developement on Broken Crescent stopped quite some time ago. If you do alittle digging in the forum you'll find that quite quickly.
    The Buff and Shine Submod is the closest thing we will ever get to BC 3.0.
    Go check that out. Not sure if its still in development these days, but its as good as you're going to get.

Yes, the Buff and Shine it is still in development. The last update was in September of this year.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

In the new version, I hope there will be a historically accurate Georgian army and roster. Join us, we have been working here for years.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...GEORGIA/page14

It's dead, Jim.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Broken Crescent development by the original team (led by AlphaDelta, Strelac, GrandViz and Mirage41) stopped in 2008 with Broken Crescent 1.05. That was by far the most popular version of the mod and the version with the highest integrity (fewest bugs and CTDs) There were some minor patches released by GrandViz that were forever lost when the original twcenter server crashed at around 2010 and all uploads by modders were lost. I was a late-stage member of a later team led by Wudang Clown that produced a kingdoms version of the mod: Broken Crescent 2.0 up to 2.3.2. This team had no overlap with the original modding team except for some minor interactions with the previous modders at the early phase. An even later version released as BC 2.4.2 was produced by ByzantineBoy, without contributions or much interaction with either members of the BC 2.3.2 team or the rest of the community. Because of the personal direction his modding took, removing also most of the previous campaign scripts and changing what remained, BC 2.4.2 is more of a personal project of ByzantineBoy. I released 2 sets of patches fixing bugs in BC 2.3.2 (Bugs and Fixes submod) and in BC 2.4.2 (Invita submod). They were partly responding to requests by the community to correct missing icons, missing skins, silver surfers, missing text, missing images, missing campaign difficulty levels, the missing stone forts, fixing buildings chains that were non-functional for some regions and factions, fixing the inactive campaign AI, missing movie intros, offending religious text, spelling errors, missing victory and defeat announcements and other missing or broken stuff. Weekend Warrior's Buff and Shine used ByzantineBoy's BC 2.4.2 as its basis before I had released the Invita submod/patch I was working on for BC 2.4.2. Buff and Shine is in my opinion an even greater departure from the original mod and the Kingdoms versions. Most of the requests made by the community over the years in the many posts you will find here below have still not been fulfilled. Moreover, practically everything that was in the original mod, including custom scripts, the battle AI and the campaign AI, is gone. These are more like personal projects than development of the mod (since most of the mod is actually gone).

What I may try to do, if I end up unemployed for a few months, is to add selected material from BC 2.3.2, BC 2.4.2 and Buff and Shine on the original BC 1.05 version, without overwriting anything from that original version, so as to produce a kingdoms version that is bug free and does not change the original game mechanics and which actually takes into account the requests of the community over the years - but also with the new factions and some/all of the new models and units by ByzantineBoy and Weekend General, possibly also the tribal recruiting system from Buff and Shine which was something that the community had actually asked for.

In the meantime, if curious, you can download BC 1.0 from here https://www.4players.de/4players.php...scent_v10.html and the BC 1.05 patch from here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-cr...8#articlesform