Thread: Switching Barding of a unit between mods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Switching Barding of a unit between mods

Me again...

I've managed to do this years ago, but now totally forgot how it would work. I think it's under the text editing since i remember i had to do it, but like i said, i have no idea what i have to edit.

So basically i want to use the horse armor from a unit of one mod, and apply it as horse armor for a unit of another. And now i forgot precisely what i have to do. I know it wasn't too much work, and once i knew what i was doing it was quite fast, but i totally forgot which files i have to edit.

So if anyone has a few minutes to explain the process for me again, i'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Switching Barding of a unit between mods

The text part only touches on the defensive value of the mount, the physical armor requires modelling.

I probably didn't explain too well. The horse remains the same. I would simply like to add for example the knight barding from x unit of x mod, to y unit of y mod. I could swear i have done it before by simply copy/pasting the needed folder under "mounts" from one mod to the other, and editing some text files later. I just can't remember all of what i had to change... But if it's too much work let me know, it's not a big deal

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That should then be only a matter of replacing the textures, and text changes, if at all, would be done in the modeldb file where the textures are being allocated.