Submods always load on top!

This is an overhaul for all five playable Celtic factions in Divide et Impera. Once we get enough feedback, we expect to incorporate this submod into the main mod.

This submod has been a labor of love for several months. I cannot thank my artistic collaborator, CEMN, enough. The work he has done to enliven these factions is superb. Additionally, I have to thank Dresden, Kam, Jake, Ritterfloh, Augustusng, Dyso, Chef Guevara, and so many more folks for their advice and support through this long process. If there are currently any bugs or errors in this submod, they belong to me. Please let me know about them and I will fix them.

Now, what does this mod do? It presumes to give each Celtic faction its own identity. An identity thoroughly rooted in historical and archaeological sources, but one which also promotes interesting game play. We have not removed many units from base DeI, but we have repurposed some, moved some, and added greater depth and variety to many. We have tried very hard to make each faction relatively better in certain areas.

The Arverni are relatively strong in cavalry, spear/phalanx infantry, and slingers. Their naked infantry and skirmishers are relatively weak.

The Nervii are relatively strong in cavalry, melee infantry, and archers. On the whole, while the Nervii do not particularly excel in any given area, they have solid options across a broader range than most Celtic factions.

The Boii are relatively strong in two-handed swords (the Sword Masters are unique to the Boii), melee infantry, and archers. They are relatively weak in cavalry, phalanx infantry, and slingers.

The Scordisci are relatively strong in phalanx/spear infantry, javelins, and light cavalry. They are relatively weak in archers and melee infantry.

The Galatians are relatively strong in sword infantry. They are relatively weak in missile cavalry and slingers.

Link to Steam version

Link to stand alone version

Feedback and comments are always welcome!