To whom it may concern,

Firstly, many searches were made on this website and google, but no answer was to be found. Posting this question on modding forum was also considered, but since the question has specific components to DEI, the decision was made to post here. Please feel free to instruct and redirect me if indeed this question should be posted elsewhere.

Question1: How to mod long pikes into short pikes, and short pikes into long pikes?

Question2: How to mod short pike units into normal pike phalanx, and long pike units into short pike phalanx?

The two questions appear very similar, but the answers to them must be different, since...

1. In grand campaign, short pike units have short pike phalanx that is distinct from long pike phalanx. Since the abilities are different, selecting short pike and long pike units together prohibits issuing phalanx command.

2. In the empire divided campaign with DEI installed, roman pikes have short pike appearance and palmyrian pikes have long pike appearance. Yet both have same pike phalanx ability and consequently the phalanx command can be issued while selecting both units at the same time

So we have, in game...

1. short pike with short pike phalanx
2. long pike with pike phalanx
3. short pike with pike phalanx

which means pike length appearance and short pike / long pike phalanx abilities are independent. It is suspected on my part that the short pike phalanx is an ability newly made by DEI team, since it appears to be tied to "killing_spree" on "land_units_to_unit_abilities_junctions_table." However, fiddling with this table failed to yield answer to Question 2.

I have been basically staring into the pack file using PFM, but currently am completely lost. I need help.

Please reply whenever it is most convenient.
Many thanks in advance.