Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: On the morality of evolution

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: On the morality of evolution

conon394,

All the other faiths in the world are no more than offshoots of the original prophecy that God made about the " seed " of the woman Eve Who would contend with Satan for the souls of men. Their " seed " was not the very image of God, rather an image they imagined in whom good works was their way of entering their imagined heaven. Jesus Christ came into the world taught about the Kingdom of God, told of the necessity of being born again and backed that all up by wondrous miracles, dying and rising just as He said He would, being seen by over four hundred men and women later. Now that is fact as Mathew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, Titus and Jude all testify to not forgetting the prophets who foretold of it.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

All the other faiths in the world are no more than offshoots of the original prophecy that God made about the " seed " of the woman Eve Who would contend with Satan for the souls of men
    Once again you misread the original text via poor translation and retroactive projection via the NT
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Once again you misread the original text via poor translation and retroactive projection via the NT
    conon394,

And pray tell, what was that original text that Jesus and all the other witnesses wrote about?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    conon394,

And pray tell, what was that original text that Jesus and all the other witnesses wrote about?
    The OT in Hebrew and the most correct interpretation is descendants in general not a Seed. Jesus did not write about anything as might recall.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

[QUOTE=conon394;16059370]The OT in Hebrew and the most correct interpretation is descendants in general not a Seed. Jesus did not write about anything as might recall.

conon394,

When I talk of the " seed " I am talking of Jesus simply because the verses imply quite specifically and descriptively Jesus. Was He a seed of the woman? Most certainly as we all are since Eve being the first mother started the human race. Quote, " I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel, "— Genesis 3:15, American Standard Version. Now notice how specific the wording is, " He shall bruise thy head, " not we all shall bruise his head because it refers to a specific Person just as it refers to the serpent bruising His heel, not our heels. The prophesy is about Jesus.

And the word used in Genesis 3:15 per Strongs is: "זֶרַע zeraʻ, zeh'-rah;" defined as: "seed; figuratively, fruit, plant, sowing-time, posterity: carnally, child, fruitful, seed(-time), sowing-time."

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    And the word used in Genesis 3:15 per Strongs is: "זֶרַע zeraʻ, zeh'-rah;" defined as: "seed; figuratively, fruit, plant, sowing-time, posterity: carnally, child, fruitful, seed(-time), sowing-time."
    Infidel144,

It also explains why God the Son had to become a human thus fulfilling the prophecy. As a human He could rightfully claim to be of Eve's seed. Further it explains why the Father said, " Psalm 2:7,Hebrews 5:5,Mark 1:9-11 " I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456