Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Hello could someone please tell how to deactivate corruption script, and is it save game compatible. Thank you.

Please for the love of God someone tell me where I can find the soundtrack that is playing in the menu for Tsardoms mod. I think it's a Slavic song I could listen to it all day.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

data/sounds/music/custom_Tsardoms_music/frontend

can someone explain to me the purpouse of landknecht helbadires and pikeman?
    i can recruit the just a litle before turn 300 and they have weaker stats then reisluf helbadiers and pikeman?

this makes no sense cuz till turn 300 i have recruiting capacits that alove me ful stacks of reislauf everything. the landskecht two handed swords and musketeres are great

Well 1487 is the historic date the Landsknechts were created

The Swiss Reisläufer were the best mercenaries of their age so they have the best stats (exceptional quality). Though maybe our Landsknechts are a bit underrated, pikemen are halberdiers are superior while doppelsoldner and arquebusiers are elite

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Well 1487 is the historic date the Landsknechts were created

The Swiss Reisläufer were the best mercenaries of their age so they have the best stats (exceptional quality). Though maybe our Landsknechts are a bit underrated, pikemen are halberdiers are superior while doppelsoldner and arquebusiers are elite
    I think we should probably severly restrict the availability of the Swiss Reislaufers. There should not be full stacks of them available for recruitment. I would say the rate should be something like 2-3 Landsknechts available for every 1 Reislaufer.

Yes they should be limited to regional capitals

Just checked, they are only in tier 3 mercenary barracks in regional capitals and only 1 every 12 turns, so he must have a huge empire to field armies of those. Plus they are super expensive
    Last edited by jurcek1987; March 31, 2022 at 07:39 PM.

Oh wow that is indeed quite strict. Indeed it's probably because it's something that comes up very late in the game. so if you are still playing by that time you probably have a big empire. I wonder if there is a way to have a hard limit on the number of units, like say have a limit of 10 units of this type.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Agreed, it's a similar thing with heavy artillery. Cannons take forever to get, but once an empire is powerful, well I've had to face spam bombard stacks... not amusing

yes im a vaste HRE

i have wien,venice,bern,rome,genoa,bologne,florence,napoli,milan

OK so it is becouse im huge,still i think landsknecht should have something to be more worth than german pikemn,flemish pikeman and i forgot how thoe yelow pike unit is caled the weakest one?
    I thin that if u want to remove an unit it should be one of those rather than jannisarie swordsman.

Same goes for calwary.I have croatian curaisers but i dont se the pourpouse cuz i can have feudal knights a much as i want.

BTW
    i think that austria(suprisingly)has the richest roster
    When u play austria it is unavoidable to conquer bavaria wich brings u that austrian elite infantry unit as a bous so u hae dismounted austrian pike knights+ those dismounted bavarian knioghts then later u get swiss halbediers and pikes wich are great units.So austria is rich on units and has bonus units when u conqer germanc factions <3

i got maximilian and he has those maximilian armored unit as guards and i cant recruit no cav like that.
    shouldnt i get some genderar cav? is it only maximilian who should have them?

Semisalis

When do the Karamanids get their mameluke units? I feel like I'm on turn number one million here and still Nokkering it up.

From Level 3 Mercenary Barracks in Karamanid starting regions. Any feedback on the campaign?

Semisalis

My mistake, I meant Ghulam units not Mameluke. I saw a Ghulam archer spawn in a rebel bandit army on turn 6, and have seen some other Ghulam rebels here and there, but on turn 122 I still have no way to train them.

Definitely a lot of feedback on this campaign. It's been fun which is odd since the Karamanids have nothing special or unique outside the Ghulams and I'm not sure how to get them. The three Islamic factions all play very similarly due to the geography. Capture Anatolia, then get bogged down in a vast continental sea of Christian factions who dislike you, and whose lands can't be used to train your faction units which makes invading them costly and time consuming. At this point I get fatigued and start a new game. Overall Karamanids felt like a weaker version of the Aydinids, who have better units and a better start location that doesn't require them to run 10 turns all the way back to the eastern extreme of the map to retrain their heavy cavalry. I could write more later in the feedback thread.

Are you playing 4tpy? There is an event in 1390 called Seljuk Restoration which unlocks the 4 Ghulam units

Semisalis

Oh yes, thank you. I am playing the 4tpy that comes with the mod. It's 1373 so a ways to go yet. A part of me wishes there was a way to get the event to trigger earlier by say, capturing Constantinople and eliminating the Ottomans as rivals.

We did had some interesting ideas for Karamanids, like capturing the old territories of Sultanate of Rum and thus getting the Sultan title and unlocking the Ghulam units. It was never implemented though :/

Yeah I really think the lesser Islamic factions could use some work. Sultan of Rum title, more emerging characters, more events, more missions (for example encouraging the Karamanids to build a navy and move north into Crimea), Mamluk invasions, events related to Aq-Koyunulu. Plus a system to allow the Karamanids to recruit more islamic units in Europe too.

For example, maybe if they take Constantinople they could get some Ottoman units in Europe, like some Sipahis or Delis. They probably also need a system to recruit Christian units too. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to recruit Christians the same way the Ottomans did.

Maybe they should get a couple of Timurid units too once they eliminate the Timurids. Sort of like as a reward for defeating Timurids they can incorporate some of the Timurid armies into their ranks. This could make things more interesting and add to the Karamanid roster too. It is sort of quasi-historical since the Timurids actually restored the Karamanid Emirate when they invaded Anatolia.

I think there is lots of interesting things we could do to make Anatolia more effervescent.
    Last edited by Wallachian; May 12, 2022 at 01:20 AM.

Semisalis

All of those ideas are very likeable. There is a painful lack of quality AOR and merc units outside home areas, and this is noticable when moving into Europe. Past Hadrianopolis there are no more training centers for Islamic units going into Europe and that city has only the low and mid tier units available. I found that it was still possible to have good momentum moving into Bulgaria due to the massive ring of training cities around the Bosporus - Constantinople, Galata, Usukudar, Bursa, etc. allow large forces to be train and retrained quickly. However the unholy legions of heavy armored macemen, knights, and tatar guard from bulgaria and serbia make moving in there very costly, and can quickly turn into a foreverwar if Wallacha and Hungary join into the fighting.

What I was thinking was similar to what you said of the Timurids, but for all factions. An ability to "take over" a faction's unit roster, at least in part, when conqering them. For instance, when I take over Bulgaria as the Karamanids, it would be strong if I could train their Tatar Guard out of the merc barracks in Tarnovgrad and maybe some other cities. Samostreltsi and Bolyars could even be available from the barracks. With a limited regional roster, I could build an army to police that area. It could be that these units become available as soon as these cities are taken, or once a certain religion threshold is reached that shows control over the area has been established, or an event that triggers once the faction is destroyed that makes some of their former units available to their new overlord.

Sipahis and christian units are very welcome and would make the Karamanids far more interesting. However there are still issues with wading through endless armies to move into Europe. I don't want it to be easy to take over Europe, it shouldn't be. But Med 2's system of running back and forth to retrain units brings much fatigue to the player. The more units a faction has available, the fewer retraining trips are needed. Having more regional and merc units to recruit would make retraining less painful while adding variety. I know it is selfish of me to suggest all this since it's much work to do.

It's worth mentioning that this would also make the Ottoman AI much stronger. In my Karamanid campaign I actually made the Ottomans stronger by increasing all their unit sizes - all cavalry to 125, all infantry to 250, including sipahis and jannissaries. Even with this great increase in power and the 20+ armies they fielded, the Ottomans lost their momentum almost as soon as they crossed into Europe. They took Gallipoli and eventually their armies were worn down by Bulgaria and Serbia and with no way to retrain their units in Europe, the Ottoman AI fell apart and collapsed under a constant influx of Bulgarian and Serbian armies flowing from their lands.

However I enjoyed the Aydinids and Karamanids and would like to see them have more to play with. Especially Karaman. Both factions have very small unit rosters, but Aydinid guard archers, Beglik Nokeri lancers, and askari make for devastating armies with only 3 unit types, guard archers being so strong that horse archers aren't even needed. Aydin also starts within reach of Cretan archers for more ranged power. Karaman is isolated and their expansion options are mostly dictated by what the Ottomans are doing, and allying with the Ottomans is impossible due to random scripted events that go off without warning and set you at war with them. However I don't feel like I can judge this faction with full accuracy since I haven't reached Ghulams yet.
    Last edited by Artannis Wolfrunner; May 12, 2022 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. But I am not sure what are the scripted events triggering war between Ottomans and Karamanids?