Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Speaking of jannisary, why some of the unit takes 3/4 turns to recruit? Noker and Jannisary fullfil similiar role but Noker takes 1 turns while Jannisary takes 4.

But the one who actually take it worse are Roman, their Skutatoi takes 3 turns to recruit. But then i find something funny while playing as Genoa fighting against Roman. My army are Genoese pavise crossbowman and Genoese arbalester and i was planning to encircle their last skutatoi in town center by having my pavise hold the line while arbalaster shot them from the flank, what end up happen is the skutatoi are killed before my arbalaster could shoot and my pavise crossbow barely take a casualties(like 3 or 5 men?)

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Yes those Genoese Pavise Crossbowmen are very tough in melee. I had a lot of trouble with them in my Roman campaign. They are elite units.

whats with the music pack and version 2.0?

Laetus

Playing as Bohemia, how do I change from Catholic to Hussite? Mod version 2.2.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The event will pop up in 1419

Laetus

Спасибо тебе друг

Semisalis

Little modding question, how can I increase the ammo on the Rocket Launcher? Editing the ammo line on export descr unit seems to have no effect. That works for other siege units but Rockets seem to get their ammo elsewhere.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Currently reading about the Italian wars, what strikes me is that artillery is hard to come by firstly. But capturing artillery was highly prized. Mantua was given 10 pieces captured from the French and Venetians by Charles V for example. Is there a way to simulate capture of field guns?

As I recall, a similar feature exists in Europa Barbarorum II to capture Elephants from enemy armies. After defeating said army, a unit of elephants subsequently spawns at the capital. I caught quite a few as Rome and the legions of the Gallic, Asian and African fronts all had their own mascots

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

That would be a very cool feature, one of the things that should be fixed in the game is how easily accessible cannons are. This feature would give additional layer to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Currently reading about the Italian wars, what strikes me is that artillery is hard to come by firstly. But capturing artillery was highly prized. Mantua was given 10 pieces captured from the French and Venetians by Charles V for example. Is there a way to simulate capture of field guns?
    Those cannons were valuable because they were among the best available at the time, since 1480 roughly the knowlegde on armor and cannon making(generally complex metallurgy) skyrocketed in France, its also related to how copper at some point became more readily exploitable and how italian technics were developped on larger scale and improved, which lead to italian wars where french cannons were better and more numerous that what a single lordship or average italian city could afford on its own(excluded Venice).

Here many french cannons remade
    https://massenie-de-saint-michel.fr/...ns/artillerie/

Here a big one, its Louis XII's personal animal
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Is vassalization a viable strategy now? As in: Do factions actually accept vassalage with out being reduced to the absolute pitiful state of minimum territory? I'm playing an Ottoman campaign and I want to vassalize some factions to simulate Ottoman expansion better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleitus the Pink View Post
    Is vassalization a viable strategy now? As in: Do factions actually accept vassalage with out being reduced to the absolute pitiful state of minimum territory? I'm playing an Ottoman campaign and I want to vassalize some factions to simulate Ottoman expansion better.
    You can vassalize? Looking at Bosnia and Moldavia it seems "allied" is the best for vassal representaion so far.

the problem is that their cities that u need to have in order to achive victory conditions do n ot count if your vassall owns them.

Semisalis

yes
    Last edited by Artannis Wolfrunner; February 05, 2022 at 05:18 AM. Reason: wrong thread, why does TWC load so slow

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is it possible to simulate marriage proposals from "off map" factions like Portugal, Burgundy and Majorca etc. I it will not have any affect politically it just adds some more flavour. Well, I think so

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    the problem is that their cities that u need to have in order to achive victory conditions do n ot count if your vassall owns them.
    Can always finish the job later. Would be nice if I had some Serbian, Bulgarian or Roman vassal armies fighting for me as Ottomans. It would help lift the pressure in the Balkans.

AI armies are not usefull

Semisalis

Is battle difficulty the same as unmodded? That is to ask, does the battle AI only get morale bonuses or does it get combat modifiers like attack & defense?

So among all quarter why only Armenia recieved a flat income bonus?

Not really much point building jewish or frankish quarter if you can build Armenian