Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Can the Roman Civil War restart in 2.0 like normal shadow faction civil wars?

Can be done something about reducing plagues? It's so frustrating

I would imagine that plagues are going to remain. If you look at the Wikipedia page for the Black Death, it hit Asia Minor and the Black Sea, and Aegean Sea right at 1346 and continued on up into central and western Europe after that, and kept coming time and again right through past the end date of the game.

No, there wasn't more than one Voivode of Transylvania, but over about 2 turns every single general got the prompt in his traits list that said said he was ready for the coronation. I only sent one, Associate Voivode Alexandru to that castle, though I've no idea what would have happened if I put a load of them in there. They haven't gone away either. Only Alexandru has the ancillary though, but the rest of them still have it as a trait, saying they're ready for the coronation still.

If you don't mind me saying, I find the titles system to be a very finicky aspect of the mod. For example, in this same Wallachian campaign I conquered all of the Moldovan provinces, yet there seems to be no title of Voivode of Moldova available, despite the former Moldovan capital having a level 2 feudal estate, the other Moldovan regional titles being held by my faction, etc. Some cities don't seem to give titles even when they should, like Halicz, which has a feudal estate yet no general I've put there recieved any title for it. Also, during a Serbian campaign I just started, I have all the necessary titles for Stefan Dusan to be crowned Tsar and a level 2 pronoia in Skopje, but its not happening. I'm sure I'm missing something but I don't know what exactly. I'd be very handy if these were missions without a deadline, just so you could keep track of a sort of checklist of all the stuff you need to acquire titles available to your faction.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ok thanks for reporting, I know what's the issue with the Voivode of Transilvania trait.

Yes some of the more complex titles can be confusing, but there is nothing wrong with Voievod of Moldova title, I tested it. You need:
    Parcalab of Hotin
    Lord of the Moldavian Highland (Targu Neamt)
    Lord of the Moldavian Lowland (Iasi)
    Parcalab of Cetatea Alba
    Parcalab of Chilia

Halicz does not have a governor title actually, while the Tsar of Serbia works 100%. You might have noticed (when the AI is Serbia) the Serbian coronation event on turn 5. You just the need the 3 extra settlements - Valona, Serrai and Berroia, in addition to all the existing titles you already have from the start ofcourse. Those 3 settlements already have feudal estates built so you get the title the next turn afer you capture it. The mission has no deadline, Dusan doesn't need to be alive anymore to achieve the crowning.

Yes I completely understand that some of the more complex titles can be frustrating to achieve without looking at the triggers in the game files. I'm thinking of creating a trait given automatically to your faction leader with instructions for the major titles your faction can achieve, something similar to what Aragon has in TATW with requirements to reforge Arnor
    Last edited by jurcek1987; November 12, 2021 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandair View Post
    Can the Roman Civil War restart in 2.0 like normal shadow faction civil wars?
    No, Kantakouzenos is now a regular faction instead of shadow. That was the only way to make them playable.

Right, okay, I see where I went wrong. Chillia is currently held by the Tatars, I hadn't realised that was necissary because it wasn't a Moldovan starting territory. And Valona is the same as Avalonas, aka. modern day Vlorė, right?

Yeah Avlonas, the settlements change their names depending on who's the owner. Those 3 settlements are all that's required to elevate Dušan to Tsar, you start with 3 armies outside of said settlements.

For Voievod of Moldova, in addition to the 4 starting settlements, you need to capture Chila and Cetatea Alba (Aqkermen) which were historically held by Moldova at its height in the 15th Century.

Most titles major are explained in the starting event called Regional Titles Ancillary System but since they're hard to remember or easy to miss, feel free to use this thread for any related questions.

Or you can tack the requirements to the faction leaders starting ancillary, might save the trouble of creating all new traits.

That's one option but some have a lot of text and won't have room for more

Thanks. Also, is the Serbian economy bugged? They seem to lose money way, way more than any other faction.

Their starting armies are much larger than their economy can sustain. They are dependent on taking those 3 Greek settlements they're about to capture to fuel their growing military might. The other option is to disband those expensive armies.

With as slow as recruitment is it's best to use the armies. From looking around it seems like factions that are in significant wars at the start have large forces either in the cities or in the field while other factions have less men mobilized.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogma View Post
    Thanks. Also, is the Serbian economy bugged? They seem to lose money way, way more than any other faction.
    Onec you capture the first 3 settlement you just need to nullify the expensive upkeep of your mercenaries.

Knight is very good so don't disband them instead send them into forts so the knights recieve free upkeep.

Almogavar skirmisher are nowhere near as good and more replacable than knight so just disband them, you could recruit them later.

I think that something like the green book in DAC, can be the answer for special scripts and bigger ancillaries, and you don't have to put one everywhere only in important places, for example for king of Bulgaria, put one in Tarnovo

Quote Originally Posted by sklvboris View Post
    I think that something like the green book in DAC, can be the answer for special scripts and bigger ancillaries, and you don't have to put one everywhere only in important places, for example for king of Bulgaria, put one in Tarnovo
    In most capitals there is already a unique building so those could be utilized without necessarily making a new building. Buildings also have the added benefit of having the ability to have huge amounts of text compared to traits and ancillaries.

Playing as Bosnia, my capital has pre-built Heavy Armourer, but I can still build Leather Tanner for some reason. Will I get anything from building it, or is it a bug ?

Thank you for reporting. It's an oversight, there are 2 different building chains for armouries. The buildings are really the same but one are for cities and one for castles. Bobovac has erroneously a prebuilt city armourer instead of castle.

Why are Ottoman infantry so underwhelming compared to just about every other faction? I'm guessing its so they don't become too OP with access to Janissary units, but those are so low availability there's absolutely no way they'll make up the backbone of a typical Ottoman army until quite late into the game. Until then, their infantry is severely outclassed by literally every single other faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogma View Post
    Why are Ottoman infantry so underwhelming compared to just about every other faction? I'm guessing its so they don't become too OP with access to Janissary units, but those are so low availability there's absolutely no way they'll make up the backbone of a typical Ottoman army until quite late into the game. Until then, their infantry is severely outclassed by literally every single other faction.
    Well, your cavalry and the troop numbers compensate for that. This is intended, the Ottomans had quite poor infantry until the arrival of the Janissaries in large numbers, and even the Janissaries fought mostly as light/ranged infantry. During the entire timeframe of the game the Ottoman armies consisted of up to 70% cavalry, so you should try and mimic that. I never had much issues winning battles with the Ottomans; have a bunch of horse archers and some shock cavalry ready, and you can defeat a lot of what the others can throw at you.