Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    Speaking of title can anyone give the list of all greek rank(comes -> strategos) and how to gain them?
    This is from CBUR so you might have already been familiar with the Byzantine military career traits from mods like SS. It's a nice system though I think the names are slightly outdated for our time frame. Your generals advance automatically over the years although it takes an age to reach the highest rank. They advance more quickly by winning battles. The ranks are:
    Comes ->Hiliarches ->Taxiarches ->Droungarios ->Merarches ->Tourmarches ->Strategos ->Sevastos ->Magistrus

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Anyone can give me img of where silk road is? I can only build it in cities so i have to convert castle to cities but i don't know which province would give me silk road.
    I ran a test, the silk trade can be built in castles as well
    Anyway they are available in Constantinople, Iznik, Eskisehir, Bursa, Aksehir, Konya, Kara Hissar and Angora

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

Hi, I have a question related to the 4tpy script. Upon installing it, the game does become 4tpy, but the starting events (Assassination of the King in Naples, Tatar raids in Hungary, welcome messages, etc) don't seem to fire. The only event I get is the Imperial Election of 1346

Hello, how can I deal with "disloyal" from Hungarian nobles? increase their loyalty or something, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    This is from CBUR so you might have already been familiar with the Byzantine military career traits from mods like SS. It's a nice system though I think the names are slightly outdated for our time frame. Your generals advance automatically over the years although it takes an age to reach the highest rank. They advance more quickly by winning battles. The ranks are:
    Comes ->Hiliarches ->Taxiarches ->Droungarios ->Merarches ->Tourmarches ->Strategos ->Sevastos ->Magistrus
    Most of my general who had never or rarely seen combat stuck at droungarios so i consider anyone with that rank to be worthy to command doux theme who are in charge of an army to protect area within the theme from invader or powerful brigand.

I only look at the building browser and i only own 4 of them where all are cities and i'm sure that all the province list are all cities although can be build in castle is good to know as roman benefit more from castle in anatolia.

This has been really helpful thank you

Quote Originally Posted by vikior View Post
    Hi, I have a question related to the 4tpy script. Upon installing it, the game does become 4tpy, but the starting events (Assassination of the King in Naples, Tatar raids in Hungary, welcome messages, etc) don't seem to fire. The only event I get is the Imperial Election of 1346
    It's missing something but it has been fixed here's the link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hw9...ew?usp=sharing

The swordsmith guild headquarters and horse breeders guild headquarters both seem to require a Citadel on the building browser, despite Citadels not being buildable. Is that a bug, or is it intended guild headquarters can only be built on preexisting Citadels. I have noticed the never going to happen trigger in the edb. Its very funny.

A separate question about the distribution of artillery. The Swiss do not get catapults, which seem so basic that they should. Also, Athens gets bombards, cannons, culverins, and serpentines. However, they do not have grand bombards. It feels like grand bombards fall in between bombards, which need a tier 1 cannon maker, and the others, which require a tier 3, whereas grand bombards require a tier 2. I wasn't sure if this was a balance thing or a oversight.

Sorry about all the questions. They seem different, so I made them different replies. Final one: Are grand bombards supposed to be better than cannons? They do significantly more damage against buildings (240 vs 180) and have grapeshot. Cannons are described as "far superior to the bombards that precede it", so this made me curious. The edb lists 5 more range, and a different projectile.

So there is two most common crossbow mercenary : mercenary crossbowman and latin crossbowman

They didn't seem to have much difference aside from latin crossbowman more limited aor than mercenary crossbowman. They also both recruited from mercenary barracks but you cannot recruit both of them in the same province.

I used mercenary crossbowman a lot more because they are more easier to recruit and retrain. So is there any reason why mercenary and latin crossbowman have to be seperated?

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

So there is two most common crossbow mercenary : mercenary crossbowman and latin crossbowman

They didn't seem to have much difference aside from latin crossbowman more limited aor than mercenary crossbowman. They also both recruited from mercenary barracks but you cannot recruit both of them in the same province.

I used mercenary crossbowman a lot more because they are more easier to recruit and retrain. So is there any reason why mercenary and latin crossbowman have to be seperated?
    Yeap, depends on what faction you are playing. The Latin Crossbowmen are only recruitable around the mediteranean and represent the various latin people (french, italians etc.) that appeared in the area after the Latin Crusades. They should only be available to a few factions like the Hospitallers, Duchy of Athens, possibly Byzantines too.

The Mercenary crossbowmen are just a generic crossbow unit which was created to help out the balkan factions which dont have access to crossbowmen. They are meant to represent any western crossbowmen (german, swiss, hungarian etc.) which served in Balkan armies.

Not sure what the stat difference is but perhaps we should make the generic merc crossbowmen a weak crossbow unit as they are not meant to be very good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    The Mercenary crossbowmen are just a generic crossbow unit which was created to help out the balkan factions which dont have access to crossbowmen. They are meant to represent any western crossbowmen (german, swiss, hungarian etc.) which served in Balkan armies.

Not sure what the stat difference is but perhaps we should make the generic merc crossbowmen a weak crossbow unit as they are not meant to be very good quality.
    Right now they are slighltly stronger and has "long range missile". Mercenary and latin are better than serbian and italian crossbow militia but suprisingly equal to roman crossbow.

And pretty sure mercenary has higher armor than latin but only slightly and that's about it.

So i build pronoija in Belgrade as Serbia but i don't get the anciliiary title?

Default UI Portraits for every factions

Will you Tsardoms developers and artists bring new UI Portraits to all factions of the mod? Recently an article was posted on the Tsardoms page on ModDB about "Italian Character Portraits"; I think I'm not the only one who finds the portraits of the current version (v1.5) strange for factions like Wallachia and the Ottomans, historical characters are represented in medieval art, such as Vlad II Dracul, the father of Vlad III Tepes and Ottomans characters too, which is weird compared to the whole mod interface.

A exampler, for some FM have a portrait like that in current version:

I wish the mod and you the best for the developers who made Tsardorms, the biggest historical project atually on Medieval II Total War.

Cheers.
    Last edited by l5c4sl3m0s; October 15, 2021 at 09:22 PM.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: UI Portraits for every factions

No, sadly only the Italian factions will have the new portraits. The rest of the factions will not be getting this treatment as the artist that created them is not currently active and he does not have time to do every single faction.
    Last edited by Wallachian; October 16, 2021 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by l5c4sl3m0s View Post
    Will you Tsardoms developers and artists bring new UI Portraits to all factions of the mod? Recently an article was posted on the Tsardoms page on ModDB about "Italian Character Portraits"; I think I'm not the only one who finds the portraits of the current version (v1.5) strange for factions like Wallachia and the Ottomans, historical characters are represented in medieval art, such as Vlad II Dracul, the father of Vlad III Tepes and Ottomans characters too, which is weird compared to the whole mod interface.
    Hello, yes I know but I don't have free time for modding sadly, I still have projects left for italian units and banners I couldn't finish...

Basicly I'd thought about doing romanian and moldovian portraits but I really struggled with hairs and beard. No joke its a pain in the ass to make decent long hairs for me, I simply couldn't create them fast enough when I'd free time during the corona containment. I don't exclude to do that in future but not anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    No, sadly only the Italian factions will have the new portraits. The rest of the factions will not be getting this treatment as the artist that created them is not currently active and he does not have time to do every single faction.
    Sadly this, who artist is that, Joar? I think not, if don't is him my suggest is a talk to him for help on Tsadorms art, is a great artist on 2D and 3D art for interface and portraits by UI!
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post
    Hello, yes I know but I don't have free time for modding sadly, I still have projects left for italian units and banners I couldn't finish...

Basicly I'd thought about doing romanian and moldovian portraits but I really struggled with hairs and beard. No joke its a pain in the ass to make decent long hairs for me, I simply couldn't create them fast enough when I'd free time during the corona containment. I don't exclude to do that in future but not anytime soon.
    My regards, if you as only mod artist as understandable.

So i get traits called terrible plague which occur during the siege. I though it was really cool until my army did not recovered from the plague. As of this writing i have move him around for 8 turns hoping it will go away.

Edit : Nevermind it's just dissapear the next turn.
    Last edited by eyelurker; October 16, 2021 at 01:15 PM.

Is the Tsardoms Team want going to update unit models in the future for more historical accuracy?

(If the answer is no, I understand it and I stopping shareing things about units of the Kingdom of Hungary . I don't want disturb to you.)