Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Default Trading outpost on and off trade?

So i build genoa trading outpost to boost my trading income and gain access dor genoese crossbowman but there is a problem.

For whatever reason the building may decide to give no effect (i know it will happen if i at war with Genoa bit we're allied now) so my trade show just how much i would make if it would actually turn on again and i cannot build genoese crossbowman while this happened.

For now it seems the trading oupost has a mind in it's own any idea what's going on with my trading outpost?

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Trading outpost on and off trade?

What is your relationship with Genoa? The effects depend on how your relationship with them is. You can still be allied but not have a good relationship. Look in the diplomacy screen

Please do not create new threads for every question. We have a general discussions thread and i will make a thread where people can ask questions

Default Re: Trading outpost on and off trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    What is your relationship with Genoa? The effects depend on how your relationship with them is. You can still be allied but not have a good relationship. Look in the diplomacy screen

Please do not create new threads for every question. We have a general discussions thread and i will make a thread where people can ask questions
    Currently outstanding. If it depened on my relationship with genoa than it probably the building reset once my relationship with Genoa changed.

I'm making thread so it wil be easier to search so i apologize if i am being distruptive by doing so. I will replied in the established thread next time.

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

If you have a great relatiionship with genoa than i can't explain. Perhaps jurcek can help us out

No worries, there is no problem. but i think it's bettter to just have all questions in one single thread.

I would like to be able to play with all units from the start. If I went through export descr buildings, and removed most of the event requirements, would that break anything. I like playing the game slowly, on 4tpy, but that means waiting for long stretches at the start for good units. For Swiss, the one I most like, its one hundred turns to pikemen, and 240 to halberdiers. Sorry if this is a bad question to ask.

I would like to ask a question about the title system, even though I had created a thread about it a long time ago, it all seems much more clear now since it has been fixed and the article on the Byzantine themes system explains things really well compared to how things where like in release. My question is, if for example you wish for one of your characters to take a Doux title where your faction needs to own certain minor settlements, does the exact same character need to possess these minor titles to finally be able to take the title of Doux? Or can the minor settlement titles be owned by other characters and then if you sent the character to the specific settlement that gives the doux title he can have it?
    So far I haven't received the title of Doux of Thrace which requires you to own Messemvria/Nesebar and Kallipolis minor titles and then spending a turn in Raidestos which gives the Doux title. I have had a character sit in Raidestos for ages and he never received anything and the other minor titles of Kallipolis and Mesemvria are already taken by two other character. And I was wondering if this was the reason I'm not getting anything.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre_General View Post
    I would like to be able to play with all units from the start. If I went through export descr buildings, and removed most of the event requirements, would that break anything. I like playing the game slowly, on 4tpy, but that means waiting for long stretches at the start for good units. For Swiss, the one I most like, its one hundred turns to pikemen, and 240 to halberdiers. Sorry if this is a bad question to ask.
    No it will not break anything don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by oorestis View Post
    I would like to ask a question about the title system, even though I had created a thread about it a long time ago, it all seems much more clear now since it has been fixed and the article on the Byzantine themes system explains things really well compared to how things where like in release. My question is, if for example you wish for one of your characters to take a Doux title where your faction needs to own certain minor settlements, does the exact same character need to possess these minor titles to finally be able to take the title of Doux? Or can the minor settlement titles be owned by other characters and then if you sent the character to the specific settlement that gives the doux title he can have it?
    So far I haven't received the title of Doux of Thrace which requires you to own Messemvria/Nesebar and Kallipolis minor titles and then spending a turn in Raidestos which gives the Doux title. I have had a character sit in Raidestos for ages and he never received anything and the other minor titles of Kallipolis and Mesemvria are already taken by two other character. And I was wondering if this was the reason I'm not getting anything.
    No the same character doesn't need to have all the titles which you require, any character from your faction. Do you have level 2 feudal estates in Raidestos?

Speaking of title can anyone give the list of all greek rank(comes -> strategos) and how to gain them?

I have made that file. May I attach here for others who may want it?

This one. The previous post was supposed to be a reply

Any idea what happened to trade post? Or how to gain greek military rank? My general gaining comes or strategos still mystify me and the trade post still has a mind in it's own.

Anyone can give me img of where silk road is? I can only build it in cities so i have to convert castle to cities but i don't know which province would give me silk road.

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    Any idea what happened to trade post? Or how to gain greek military rank? My general gaining comes or strategos still mystify me and the trade post still has a mind in it's own.
    Not sure what the rules are for gaining the ranks (jurcek would know) but its usually very simple things like a general wins a battle or stuff like that, sometimes its as simple as a general sitting in a settlement, but they are not meant to be like the ancillaries. They are just things that happen to your generals as a fun thing, not something to actually be mindful of and try and actively hunt them.

Anyone can give me img of where silk road is? I can only build it in cities so i have to convert castle to cities but i don't know which province would give me silk road.
    There is a hidden resource which exists only in Anatolia with the silk road. Can't find the list in the files now but it was created based on this page:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cities..._the_Silk_Road

So the settlements are in Anatolia and should include Bursa, Constantinople, Smyrna, Konya and maybe 1-2 others. Maybe Angora too.

I have made that file. May I attach here for others who may want it?
    sure, go for it. other people might want to try it

I tried to leave all the gun units alone, as I wasn't sure what to do with them. Nothing with the Handgun, Arquebus, or Musketeer flags were changed. There may be one or two gun units attached to other events that were changed. Sorry.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Under what condition does Serbian despotate rebellion happen? Is it turn based or is it based on the death of a character? I was playing as the Ottomans and managed to kill the Serbian Tsar in a siege battle and then immediately the turn after it, the Serbian Despotate faction appeared. Are those two events related?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Yes there are. After death of Tsar Dušan Serbia desintegrated into number of despotates, lead by regional lords titled despots, because son of Dušan, Uroš the Weak, was not able to consolidate his power.

There are a few different conditions that Serbian Despotate emerges. One of them is the death of Dusan IV. But there are others such as low happiness in Serbia or Serbia reaching a certain size.

Are there some map that indicates where faction core region is? Core region are my main source of manpower so it very much determined my expansion route.

Are there some map that indicates where faction core region is? Core region are my main source of manpower so it very much determined my expansion route.
    I'm not team member or even a modder, but it should be under data/world/maps/base/descr regions.txt