Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    yes buh in the game here u can recruit full stacks of feudal cav if u want by the late game
    Would be really money and time consuming. Feudal elite cavalry can be recruited everywhere if you have the infrastructure but are already balanced with limited availabilty, long cooldown and very expensive to recruit and keep.

but u need to calculate that olate light cav come 150+ turns or 200 + turns
    at that time u have in finite money and settlements,no real need for husars,laka konjica,croatian curaisers!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    but u need to calculate that olate light cav come 150+ turns or 200 + turns
    at that time u have in finite money and settlements,no real need for husars,laka konjica,croatian curaisers!
    And that's the point, these cavalry units are not just used because of its all they have, though that's partly true, they have a strategic role to play. Plus let's be honest they are cool

Well it's tough to balance of course, that's the issue. We don't want heavy cavalry too available, but it's hard to find the correct approach.

There is an easy way around the problem though. Don't recruit the heavy cavalry if you know you shouldn't. When i play, i always always try to take a historical approach to my army compositions, no matter the money i have.

I see a lot of people spamming elite armies and then saying it was too easy. I mean it's close to a 20 year old game with retarded AI, ofc it's going to be really easy if you make your armies purely of professional heavily armored units. Have some discipline, go for the correct approach. When i play with the Ottomans, i try to have just 2-3 units of Janissaries even in my armies led by the Sultan, and focus on having mostly light cavalry in them. Could i instead make a 10 elite cavalry 10 elite janissaries army? Sure, but that wouldn't be fun nor realistic.

but then its not a game its a roleplay thing/whatever.

Semisalis

Why aren't these two mercenary units retrainable? They are in a province with ample mercs of their type available. Units - No retraining. Mercenaries - available.

If I drag and drop another unit into the non-retrainable ones, then I can retrain the other unit but that of course loses experience. Those two units cannot be retrained and I do not know why.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

I might be wrong but i think it's because of the high experience.

I started planning a better, more historical division for the Hungarian kingdom.
    How many regions can there be in the Carpathian Basin in 1345 and 1448 games? When I'm done with the map, would the team use it for the game? If not, I'll stop the map design.
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You could always create a submod that focuses on Hungary and Transylvania regions in particular.

Generally the areas of the map that are finished are pretty set in stone. Especially, since dcdastro who worked on the map spent crazy amounts of time to fix and allocate the region borders and balance everything out. So there won't be any major changes as it would invalidate a huge amount of work done by him. That's not to say that we will outright reject any suggestions.

Semisalis

I'm still not clear on how to get a Thema government, like the one listed here. How can I make this available?

Also, is there any advantage to building a government type other than Roman Core Region - Katepanikion besides cost?

That one is available only in capital regions. It's just the name of the roman capital region.

I can't remember the advantages of the admin buildings (esp since they have different names for each faction) but they should be listed in the building card. I think for cores no, there wouldn't be any advantages for other buildings.

What if we tied barracks, archery and goverment together? So forced assimilation give faster access to feudal barracks but you could not recruit locals while autonomy building allow you to recruit locals but cannot use feudal barracks and annexed region has same recruitment(with either annexed local or replace with core local) as core region since we actually work to make the province integrated and not just a tax farm province?

Yeah, we had ideas like this. They are all pretty damn cool. The admin/govt system is by no means finalised. Our dream was to force the player to make some hard choices exactly like you said.

I've always been a fan of linking the barracks levels to the admin buildings. The problem is that it is quite complicated to code this for every faction and there are lots of permutations involved, plus there is also the matter of the AI and whether he will know how to use it.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    That one is available only in capital regions. It's just the name of the roman capital region.
    How do I make it available though? I don't see it listed in the building queue or the building previews and don't know how to make it available to be built. Does it need to be a Large City before it's available?

I do remember a Regional Capital government playing as islamic factions, but it appeared seeming at random times and I don't know what triggered it being available for building.

It's not available everywhere. It will only appear in regions which are marked as regional capitals by a hidden resource. Basically, these are important settlements. Each faction gets about 2-3 of them depending on size and then you can get more as you conquer more.

At the moment there is no way to see where the regional capitals are on the map except looking in the descr files of the mod. We should probably create a list of these and post it.

Semisalis

I guess I'm not explaining myself well. I know only certain cities can be regional capitals because only those cities have regional capital units listed on their barracks. Like here, this city can become a capital but as you can see the capital government is not there to be built. But I know these cities can become capitals because it says so. It just doesn't have the government there to be built yet. Is there a population requirement before it can be built?

Quote Originally Posted by Artannis Wolfrunner View Post
    I guess I'm not explaining myself well. I know only certain cities can be regional capitals because only those cities have regional capital units listed on their barracks. Like here, this city can become a capital but as you can see the capital government is not there to be built. But I know these cities can become capitals because it says so. It just doesn't have the government there to be built yet. Is there a population requirement before it can be built?
    Pretty sure is the religious requirement. Depend on your faction it would need either at 60% or 30%

Edit : Oh wait a minute you're playing as Roman and use Roman core region then you should be able to recruit them since core region is the highest tier. Roman is unique because you could build core region in just about everywhere i think, definitely Balkans, Anatolia and Bosporan do. You don't need to worry about integration as Roman just build core region.
    Last edited by eyelurker; June 08, 2022 at 02:38 AM.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    Edit : Oh wait a minute you're playing as Roman and use Roman core region then you should be able to recruit them since core region is the highest tier. Roman is unique because you could build core region in just about everywhere i think, definitely Balkans, Anatolia and Bosporan do. You don't need to worry about integration as Roman just build core region.
    Ah very good thank you, that is what I was looking for. I just checked with process_cq to finish the barracks and reloaded back - the Paramonai are available with just core region and the barracks. Not sure why it lists Thema for those units when they only require Core Region, a bit confusing.

I think it is listed there because you can have it in a core region or in a region with a thema. Yes, i know it can be confusing.