Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Crusades cannot be completely removed because they're tied to the papal_states special_faction_type. But this entry (<crusade_called_start_turn int="999"/>) results in them never be called by the AI. A player can still request them though but it's probably better if the player refrains from doing so. I forgot if they still get called by the Pope if Rome is taken

Hey team,

Used to play this when it was released so wanted to check out the new version but when I launch Tsardoms-2.2 it starts the base game?
    The mod is fully located in the mods subfolder of the game, so Medieval 2 -> mods -> Tsardoms-2.2

Maybe i'm to change something in the CFG (notepad) file?

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

We haven't changed anything in the way the game is launched. It's still the same as the very first version. Are you using steam? how are you launching it?

You don't need to change anything in CFG. Maybe double check the installation?

Hi, I am new to this mod and have a couple of questions.

For the ancilliary system, is there an advantage to giving different ones to different nobles, or can I just keep them all to myself ? And does the ancilliary holder need to be present in the city for the bonuses to take effect ?

For the rival houses system, what things would anger the other houses in my faction ? Could they start a civil war ?

Thank you !

Well it's up to you what you do with the ancillaries. But there is a max of 7 per person and some ancillaries are better than others.

No, the ancillary holder does not have to be present in the city to get the effects of the ancillary. However, if the effects are related to government then he does have to be governor.

Rival houses don't really do anything to anger other houses. All the effects of each house are in the description of the ancillary. No, there are no civil wars linked to the houses. But would be a nice feature.

The whole ancillary system is more like a fun add-on rather than a complete game changer.

Okay, thanks !

Also, do you know if this mod is compatible with Byg's Grim Reality mod ?

No idea, but i'm guessing it probably won't be straight out of the box.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius the Great View Post
    Also, do you know if this mod is compatible with Byg's Grim Reality mod ?
    to the extend I know coding of both mods (BGR much better ;-) - it's straight "no", and the necessary modifications would require lots of work
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Playing as the Romans and I don’t seem to have an heir? If my leader dies I lose the game? What’s up with that?

Look around your generals, one of them should have the heir ring.

No there's always an heir, for regency it's Andronikos IV. He's underage that's why he's not on the map but you can see him in the family tree
    Last edited by jurcek1987; September 22, 2022 at 02:37 PM.

Weird, my starting Emperor died and I lost the game

Hi. Is there a native language pack and music pack for version 2.2 ? I installed the 1.4 language pack but now my game crashes at launch

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sorry to being this up again, but is there a fix for Arogonese swords man and cavalry please?

Also admittedly not many people are around as much as myself but could we have a sticky library and general (roughly) contemporary historic discussion threads please?
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; September 30, 2022 at 05:27 AM.

will Suleiman the magnificent appears on Tsardoms version 2.2 ? and if we capture rome will the game crashed ? cuz most of the crashed i experience is when Rome was taken by the other factions

Game crashes due to Papacy dieing off. This issue I'd fixed in the next version. You can avoid the crash by giving the Papacy a settlement somewhere if they are about to fall.

What is this large sea raid event that keeps happening to me? Is it because a port is blockaded? Can I do it to the AI?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by zapking5 View Post
    What is this large sea raid event that keeps happening to me? Is it because a port is blockaded? Can I do it to the AI?
    That is exactly what it is and yes you can, although it doesn't always happen. It seems to me that it depends on how you approach the port and angle you blockade it

It's a random event, a sea raid has a 11,1% chance of occurring at every blockade and a large sea raid 5,6%
    Last edited by jurcek1987; October 04, 2022 at 03:47 AM.

Haven't checked this thread for long time ago. This mod seems to be shape up nicely. But where to start? what is the latest release? This one? Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Release (twcenter.net)
    Will there be an Aragon faction?

Also, the battle AI How to be sure you activate it?
    Last edited by Kranos; October 05, 2022 at 11:14 AM.