Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Ah, 1400 is barely over a quarter through the timeline. The mod end date is 1530 and lots of stuff unlocks in the XV century, the pikemen, the gothic and milanese armour, the maximilian armour, the arquebus and so on.

Good idea for Naples, yes fully agree they should be able to do the same in Hungary and Croatia. And some sort of Angevin Empire rewards would be nice too. There is also a Latin Empire ancillary we were working on but i can't remember if it ever made it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    One other question, if I may, could we perhaps have something that the Landsknechte will be recalled same for Swiss if you are at war with thar particular faction or HRE.
    Also perhaps based on how the crusade awol script works, could that be used for disease and desertion (especially in winter) etc.. If a lot toned down?
    While that would be nice, not sure how doable it would be. Also, Landsknechts fought against Germans too. The French had a whole Landsknecht corps known as the Black Bands that fought against the Emperor.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

One more Is not Negoe Basarab is a member of the katuzenous dynasty? I think maybe via Serbia. I ask because he's just become my Vovoide.

On an Anjoi note the Angevevins of Naples. Durrazza, Tarranto. Depending on who was De facto leader went by honoury titular king of Jerusalem and Emperor of Constantinople. Regardless of possession. As they did king of Naples, sorry Ioanne Ii Queen of Naples
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; June 24, 2022 at 07:15 AM.

No, Neagoe was part of Craiovesti family, he was probably the son of Părău Craiovescu. He was married to a Serbian Princess Milica who was the daughter of Serbian Despot Jovan or Dorde Brankovic.

He was definetly not Kantakouzenos. There is a theory that Michael the Brave was related to the Kantakouzenos through his mother side but that's not even certain at all.

Perhaps modern DNA analysis will shed some light.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Latin Emperor title requires:
    Constantinople
    King of Thessalonica
    Prince of Achaea (Andreville, Baron of Corinth, Baron of Patras, Baron of Kalamata (Modon), Baron of Geraki (Mystras))
    Despot of Epirus (Ioannina, Despot of Valona, Despot of Angelokastron (Lepanto))

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Latin Emperor title requires:
    Constantinople
    King of Thessalonica
    Prince of Achaea (Andreville, Baron of Corinth, Baron of Patras, Baron of Kalamata (Modon), Baron of Geraki (Mystras))
    Despot of Epirus (Ioannina, Despot of Valona, Despot of Angelokastron (Lepanto))
    Do i just need Thessalonica for the King and does it have to be faction leader? Also i have King of Albania at start but can it be reobtained?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just Thesallonica. For King of Albania you need Despot of Valona and Prince of Albania (In Durazzo, also requires Lord of Mat (Kruje)). Then send your faction leader to Durazzo with large feudal estates built

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    No, Neagoe was part of Craiovesti family, he was probably the son of Părău Craiovescu. He was married to a Serbian Princess Milica who was the daughter of Serbian Despot Jovan or Dorde Brankovic.

He was definetly not Kantakouzenos. There is a theory that Michael the Brave was related to the Kantakouzenos through his mother side but that's not even certain at all.

Perhaps modern DNA analysis will shed some light.
    It's strange the catezenous family tree goes all the way back to him. You can Google the family tree. The Miseseva monastery has the chronica cantacuzintor chronicles where it names Negoe Basarab the founder of the tradition, which praises his deeds.

I got imminient civil war probably due to my excommunication and 2 of my general have become potential rebel while the rest are loyal. What should i do?

Also my general feels disrespected went a bit out of control what should i do for that as well?
    Last edited by eyelurker; June 25, 2022 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    It's strange the catezenous family tree goes all the way back to him. You can Google the family tree. The Miseseva monastery has the chronica cantacuzintor chronicles where it names Negoe Basarab the founder of the tradition, which praises his deeds.
    I went and did some reading, indeed you are right he is mentioned in the Cronica Cantacuzinilor. However, that document was written in the XVIIth century and many times the role of these type of documents were written as a propaganda tool. For example, the role of this chronicle was to highlight the victory of the Cantacuzino family against the Baleanu family.

Just like in other states, whenever a family came to power they felt the need to create links to previous rulers and claim that they were part of the family. Neagoe Basarab himself did this when he took the name 'Basarab' even though he was not a Basarab (well there would have been some sort of blood relation since pretty much all of the boyar families were related to each other).

So other than this chronicle there is no mention of Neagoe Basarab being a Cantcuzino. And you would have thought that if he actually was one than he would certainly have mentioned this in his own writings considering the prestige associated with being related to an old byzantine noble family. Neagoe Basarab actually left behind a whole written record called "The teachings of Neagoe Basarab to his son Theodosie". If he was a Cantacuzino surely he would have mentioned that in his teachings to his son.

Thank you very much, that was fascinating and you quite right, regarding propaganda. The dynasty tries to imply that they were first Wallachian voivoide to make donations to Mt. Athos. Proposing they had inherited protection of the church.

Edit: Morning all, does anyone have any good sources and books on the Angevins and house of Anjou, specifically any links between Capatian-Anjou and it's branches in Napoli, Durrazo, Hungary with Plantagenets ( Anjou England) I am just trying to understand the dynamics

Edit2: What is feasibility of the Italienzug script adapted From DHR mod, in which leader declares his wish to be elected King of the Romans and pursuit of imperial titular. Failure to do so will result in- possible - loss of prestige
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; June 30, 2022 at 06:47 AM.

Is there a possibility of for example upon capture of Ferrara the leader or a representative must seek permission to attain position of Duke/ Dux from the Emperor or Pope?
    This could apply to King of Naples too getting Papal recognition is of utmost importance for legitimacy. In the otherhand the Dukes of Milan, Modena, Ferrara require imperial recognition.
    Another question I just wanted to mention if I may Visegrad was 'medium regnis' and considered the royal residence in the Anjou period, as close to a capital as Buda would become. Though according to my reading Hungarian monarchs didn't reside in any particular town or castle for any length, rather always on the move around Kingdom particularly to 'loca venationis' hunting places.
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; July 13, 2022 at 06:17 AM.

So I'm playing the Knights of St. John and just called my first crusade but can't recruit Crusade Units even in my core/starting regions. Are there even crusade units in this mod, or only in the central/western european regions? Just would like some clarification on this. I tried the search function but couldn't find anything.

The Knights are the crusader brotherhood, they have their own knights, plus frankish and Italian mercs....
    Maybe I misunderstood what do you mean crusader units? Knights of St John? Then yes

I guess you're right, they're basically the guys others recruited for a crusade, haven't thought about it like that. Makes total sense in a historical accurate mod like this I can't recruit special crusader units.

Just for clarification, do other catholic factions have access to crusader units or do they not exist at all in tsardoms?
    With "crusader units" I mean the special units you can recruit from the mercenary pool once a general joined the crusade(Like in vanilla and lots of other mods).

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Certain factions can recruit Teutonic Knight units through a dedicated building chain.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Nope there are no cusader units in any pools. Some faction have acess to Teutinic or Hospitaller knights regardless of crusade.

Weren't the crusades completely removed? They were quite unrealistic, and the age of crusading is practically over by the time we start. So it's weird you could call it even

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Nope there are no cusader units in any pools. Some faction have acess to Teutinic or Hospitaller knights regardless of crusade.
    Thanks for clarifying!

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Weren't the crusades completely removed? They were quite unrealistic, and the age of crusading is practically over by the time we start. So it's weird you could call it even
    I've seen it mentioned in patch notes from a year ago. What I can say, no other factions called a crusade 70 turns in and while basically everyone and their mum joined my crusade I have yet to see any general head to the target city in my playthrough.

Quick correction, other factions are indeed moving to & attacking the target city