Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

The Guides don't mention anything about forced diplomacy. That was only discussed in this thread https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16150489

And the person that opened the thread was asking about forced diplomacy so i explained to him how it works. Only then did i realise that he was playing the old campaign so i explained to him

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    It is only in the new campaign.

And yes banging a few heads will reduce relations every time
    Not sure where he got the idea that forced diplomacy was in 1345. All of our announcements show it as a feature for the 1448 campaign

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardDuck View Post
    Ah, I saw mention of the feudal estate requirement but it isn't listed anywhere official. Sadly Constantinople only starts at the first tier, so I'll get that building. I was also conscious of the ancillary limit, he has only 6 so it should be good. Thanks for the reply!
    Yes our guides are hopelessly out of date. If you play the 1448 campaign we have solved all these issues because you can check out the conditions at any time.

Enjoying the mod so far. One thing that has pleasantly surprised me is that you guys were able to allow ranged units the ability to get the weapon upgrade from the Swordsmiths Guild. Mods like DaC don't, and I always assumed it was just not possible. Is this actually a vanilla feature I forgot about or did the team figure out how to give ranged units that weapon upgrade?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardDuck View Post
    Enjoying the mod so far. One thing that has pleasantly surprised me is that you guys were able to allow ranged units the ability to get the weapon upgrade from the Swordsmiths Guild. Mods like DaC don't, and I always assumed it was just not possible. Is this actually a vanilla feature I forgot about or did the team figure out how to give ranged units that weapon upgrade?
    I'd add to this question: which bonuses actually do work?
    weapon_melee_blade 1
    weapon_missile_mechanical bonus 1
    archer_bonus bonus 1
    cavalry_bonus bonus 1
    recruits_exp_bonus bonus 1
    recruits_morale_bonus bonus 1

and why you've got (or maybe it was a year ago) in the EDB both:
    weapon_missile_mechanical bonus 1
    and
    weapon_missile_mechanical 1
    ?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 05, 2023 at 03:45 AM.

does anyone notice that those firearms bonuss buildings do not give bonuses?

What is the purpose of mercenary camp buildings? Because I get mercenary units without that building and I can retrain them easy.

Mercenary camp is for Mercenary units. You don't get them anywhere else, for example condottieri.

Perhaps you are thinking of the local units which you get through the old medieval 2 Mercenary recruitment screen. But in Tsardoms those are not mercenaries but rather local AOR units.

Mercenary camp is for Mercenary units. You don't get them anywhere else, for example condottieri.

Perhaps you are thinking of the local units which you get through the old medieval 2 Mercenary recruitment screen. But in Tsardoms those are not mercenaries but rather local AOR units.

In Campaign 1448 when does High period begin and when Late period?

Are you referring to custom battle? Because there is no such split in the campaign. And even in custom battle it's all just arbitrary.

I was referring in the campaign.

Unit Burgundian archers is AOR recruitable in German, Austrian, Bohemian, Swiss, Milanese, Genovese and Florentine regions. That is how is writen in Custom Battles. I noticed playing Bohemia, that there are no Burgudian archers as AOR mercenaries or recruitable via Mercenary camp. But Austria gets Burgundian archers via Mercenary camp. So why are no Burgundian archers in Bohemia?

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

1448 campaign is basically the 'late' campaign.

Original Tsardoms TW mod starts in 1345.

Quote Originally Posted by peltast147 View Post
    I was referring in the campaign.
    There is no high/late split in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by peltast147 View Post
    Unit Burgundian archers is AOR recruitable in German, Austrian, Bohemian, Swiss, Milanese, Genovese and Florentine regions. That is how is writen in Custom Battles. I noticed playing Bohemia, that there are no Burgudian archers as AOR mercenaries or recruitable via Mercenary camp. But Austria gets Burgundian archers via Mercenary camp. So why are no Burgundian archers in Bohemia?
    Well Bohemia is a lot further away from Burgundy so there would be no reason for them to have Burgundian archers as AOR. All the other factions mentioned are either close to Burgundy or had historical ties with Burgundian mercenaries.

But getting them in the mercenary camp is not a bad idea. That could work.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Charles IV was also King of Burgundy so Bohemia could recruit Burgundian archers in 1345 campaign. Some of the texts have not been updated for the changes in 1448 campaign

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Charles IV was also King of Burgundy so Bohemia could recruit Burgundian archers in 1345 campaign. Some of the texts have not been updated for the changes in 1448 campaign
    The burgundian archers as they are depicted in Tsardoms are much later than Charles IV, I can't find mention of properly retinued-pros- longbowmen by the duke of Burgundy before Charles the Bold really, granted he was already in charge when his father was aging, but overal its more likely they became a thing worth a professional unit from the 1460's.

Publications de Amable Sablon du Corail | Cairn.info

The last book mentions it, and other things on burgundian military structures after Charles the Bold death. I would have translated parts of it but its out of Tsardoms scope mostly.

I just noticed that u remade those french pikemans and french arquebusiers and i like it!
    I waned to sugest to use those tunics that the renesance mod uses

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Why can't I recruit croatian light 'Hussars' in Slovonia as the Habsburgs? I can recruit noble cavalry. I need a light cavalry.
    P'S on a similar note should not the Habsburgs be able to recruit the Knights of St.George?
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; September 16, 2023 at 06:40 AM.

Great mod, currently fighting back against the Ottomans as Byzantium, and I'm managing a counter-attack from the Morea.

Question:

I'm not totally convinced by all of the mercenary events I am getting. I think I rejected the first offer because I had no money. That came within the first few turns. The second I took a chance on and accepted and it was a good investment, getting someone called Iouannes Longus.

Now I have another event for the Catalan Company that cost me 10000, I knew it was a risk so I saved beforehand. I ended up getting a pretty underwhleming force for the cost.

Is there a list of the events and a guide to which ones are worth accepting? At this rate I'm not sure if by declining the first offer, I missed on on a good or historical character. I did also check the game files but it's pretty tough to find them.

Thanks!

is there a gameplay reason as to why ozu cale and oleski cant have roads built. it stiffles expansions quite a bit when you need to traverse the entire region over multiple turns to get to the target