Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 288

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

  1. #261
    Broadsword_6's Avatar Laetus
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    Playing as Wallachia I have built both levels of salt mines in Severin and Targoviste but do not see an increase in gold from mining. I do see an increase in gold when building a regular mine. Is this counted elsewhere? Thank you.

  2. #262
    jurcek1987's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    3,755

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    Haven't checked this thread for long time ago. This mod seems to be shape up nicely. But where to start? what is the latest release? This one? Tsardoms Total War - Campaign Release (twcenter.net)
    Will there be an Aragon faction?

    Also, the battle AI How to be sure you activate it?
    Yes that is the current version (2.2). No there is no Aragon faction, they're off the map

    You activate the battle AI by clicking on the advisor until it disappears

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadsword_6 View Post
    Playing as Wallachia I have built both levels of salt mines in Severin and Targoviste but do not see an increase in gold from mining. I do see an increase in gold when building a regular mine. Is this counted elsewhere? Thank you.
    The salt mine bonus is shown here
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  3. #263

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    ok thank you! Trying the Ragusa campaign right now! pretty difficult even on medium. Does anybody has some campaign tips or guides with them?

    On battle map, things feel very different from what I recall with Medieval II or EB 2. What were the major changes done here. Is cav much stronger, morale is much lower in general? good quality units are much stronger etc?
    Last edited by Orphydian; October 05, 2022 at 02:18 PM.

  4. #264

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    ok thank you! Trying the Ragusa campaign right now! pretty difficult even on medium. Does anybody has some campaign tips or guides with them?

    On battle map, things feel very different from what I recall with Medieval II or EB 2. What were the major changes done here. Is cav much stronger, morale is much lower in general? good quality units are much stronger etc?
    I only played with croatia
    And in the first 1.3 rellese with bosnia and found it hard.
    Well hard if u play with the diplomatic status wich is defined by the game at the start but if u decide whom u want as an ally and whom as an enemy at turn 1 then its simple.
    So u just send a diplomat on one side to make an ally out of your neighbour an all your armies on the other side,wery soon the game begins to be to easy.

  5. #265

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    But soon everybody is on war with everybody in Dalmatia region and Hungary steamrolls everybody, either you are ally with them or not. Anyway, what are the "Other Campaigns" option in the main menu supposed to represent? (Its empty right now)

  6. #266

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    they wont attack if u are alied with them.

  7. #267
    Wallachian's Avatar Citizen
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    9,247

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    But soon everybody is on war with everybody in Dalmatia region and Hungary steamrolls everybody, either you are ally with them or not. Anyway, what are the "Other Campaigns" option in the main menu supposed to represent? (Its empty right now)
    Nothing. It's just a leftover from Medieval II where you could have other campaigns.

  8. #268
    Broadsword_6's Avatar Laetus
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    Makes sense, thank you.

  9. #269
    Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Antiokheia
    Posts
    3,913

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    I think I probably asked before, but things get overwhelmed.
    Could somesort of hegemonic script be available in Italia. One of the states gets too strong the others form a league against it. All gang up on Milano until it's down to two provinces, then the script turns on the Papacy... Etc

  10. #270

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    ok thanks! BTW I got attacked pretty early in the campaign by Naples, ducky of Austria, Tuscany... they accepted ceasefire immediately but its fortunate that I had some diplomats nearby. Dont't know how smart for the AI was to do that since they have their own wars in Italy

    Basically I want to conquer all the Dalamatia coast and own Pola in Istria.


    Checking these old previews for Ragusa. Previews & Promotion (twcenter.net)

    I suppose they are outdated right. The units have different names and look right now. Like for example Adriatic oarsmen are now Galeoti oarsemen.
    Do the galeoti oarsemen no longer use the shields like in the previews and only carry it on their backs? They would have been such a cool unit with a decent charge plus the shield protection.

    Do Barabant swordsmen no longer have early on that rectangular shields like in the previews and also shown by the in-game unit cards? the curvy swords gone? I remember when I saw this preview first time, they were like my favorite unit with Ragusa because of their more distinct look. Thye didn't preserve this look. It seems only with upgrades but those are changing the unit completely. I liked this unit as it was previewed here like everything about it from color scheme to shields etc.


    old previews

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    current

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    Does the City Militia is now Ragusan Pavesari? They only have Kettle helmet early on no longer barbuta and bascinet like in previews? I like their look more in the old previews. What happened to that nice padded cloth?


    old previews

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    current

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Generally, the old color theme and tone etc fit better with the other Ragusa units like the council guard

    In the UI art they are still displayed in their former glory

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Last edited by Orphydian; October 12, 2022 at 04:28 PM.

  11. #271

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    the old barbant swords were definetly beter

    i find the old bosnian guard better asvel,they had blue and white clothes and shilds with coats of relevant noble houses.

  12. #272

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    yeah, I definitely prefer the old models and color themes and color tones. Maybe they used them for other units, otherwise it was a bad decision...The units looks and integrate better with their other few units like the council guard



    Last edited by Orphydian; October 08, 2022 at 11:37 AM.

  13. #273
    Wallachian's Avatar Citizen
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    9,247

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    You ask some good questions. So yes, indeed some of the Ragusan units were redone.

    One thing worth looking at is the upgrades. Because some of the things that got changed are due to the upgrades. For example, the shields of the Barabants were changed because they had XV century shields. So they should still have those shields for the upgrade, but i need to check if that is correct. I haven't checked Ragusa in a looong time.

    The curvy swords are gone because they were inaccurate, they are meant to have the so-called schiavonesca sword https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schiavonesca

    Similarly for the Ragusan Pavesarii (yes they are the former City Militia, that name was confusing as it implied they were a weak unit which they aren't). The unit doesn't have barbuta because that is a XV century helmet. The unit should start with XIV century helmets and the upgrade should have the barbuta. Again, I need to check if that is the case.

    The Galeotti Oarsmen are indeed the former Adriatic Oarsmen. And they have the shields on their backs because it was unrealistic to have a shield and a polearm, the polearm is two handed. However, the unit still gets the defense bonus of the shield. It's just an aesthetic change, not an actual defense number change.

    In terms of color themes and tones, I suppose it is a matter of taste. The new colours and heraldry are more in line with actual Ragusan noble family coat of arms. But I do agree they older ones were quite nice too.

    Jurcek needs to confirm what I have just said because he is the main unit person

  14. #274

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    Im geting CTD s becouse trinarcia conqures rome at turn 117,is there a way to stop this?

  15. #275

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    You ask some good questions. So yes, indeed some of the Ragusan units were redone.

    One thing worth looking at is the upgrades. Because some of the things that got changed are due to the upgrades. For example, the shields of the Barabants were changed because they had XV century shields. So they should still have those shields for the upgrade, but i need to check if that is correct. I haven't checked Ragusa in a looong time.

    The curvy swords are gone because they were inaccurate, they are meant to have the so-called schiavonesca sword https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schiavonesca

    Similarly for the Ragusan Pavesarii (yes they are the former City Militia, that name was confusing as it implied they were a weak unit which they aren't). The unit doesn't have barbuta because that is a XV century helmet. The unit should start with XIV century helmets and the upgrade should have the barbuta. Again, I need to check if that is the case.

    The Galeotti Oarsmen are indeed the former Adriatic Oarsmen. And they have the shields on their backs because it was unrealistic to have a shield and a polearm, the polearm is two handed. However, the unit still gets the defense bonus of the shield. It's just an aesthetic change, not an actual defense number change.

    In terms of color themes and tones, I suppose it is a matter of taste. The new colours and heraldry are more in line with actual Ragusan noble family coat of arms. But I do agree they older ones were quite nice too.

    Jurcek needs to confirm what I have just said because he is the main unit person
    About the shield of Galeoti Oarsmen: on the unit description it reads Total Defence 10 from which Shield 0. Sure they get the bonus?

    (about Barabant swords and Ragusan Pavesari) I somewhat imagined the weapons and the equipment weren't adequate, but the skins, textures and color schemes (softer) were making them fell more factional and integrated better with other units the Council guards and Galeotti spearman and, I know this is very subjective, but they look more pleasing. The textures seem crispier now than in the old previews (but maybe only on my computer since I didn't play with the old units to confirm that) but this doesn't mean better every time. The kettle helm models and textures look significant better in the previews and I don't think I'm the only one with that impression.

    The barabant seems a very important unit, common for many faction, therefore I strongly suggest, if still possible, getting the old models and textures back on them (ofc the historic ones only). I don't think there was too much gain from updating them.

    This applies to Barabant lancer cavalry as well.
    Last edited by Orphydian; October 12, 2022 at 05:21 PM.

  16. #276

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    What is the Maximilian armor event effect?
    Will the Gendarme unit become recruitable, or will the armor of the knights become upgradeable to Maximilian style?
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)

  17. #277

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    yes u get a gendarme unit and a new bodyguard unit apears for 2generals-maximilian and the next one.Alsow that new unit of general bodyguard gets an upgrade but that is aviable before the mesage so i dont know what the latest smith level brings,it seams nothing

  18. #278
    Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Antiokheia
    Posts
    3,913

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    You ask some good questions. So yes, indeed some of the Ragusan units were redone.)
    Does that mean only "good" questions will be heard. That explains much

  19. #279
    Wallachian's Avatar Citizen
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    9,247

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Does that mean only "good" questions will be heard. That explains much
    What do you mean?

    You do realise that 'good' in this case means 'challenging'?

  20. #280
    Wallachian's Avatar Citizen
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    9,247

    Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Ask all questions here

    Quote Originally Posted by szikelkun View Post
    What is the Maximilian armor event effect?
    Will the Gendarme unit become recruitable, or will the armor of the knights become upgradeable to Maximilian style?
    Both

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •