Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic Italian - Assignments/Course updates/etc

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Basic Italian - Assignments/Course updates/etc

This thread is locked and will be used for any important official communication. For any other kind of communication I'll be using the Chat thread.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Default Re: Basic Italian - Assignments/Course updates/etc

So, here we are.

First of all, a very rough draft of what the program could be.

Program - 3/5 lessons with some basic Italian grammar rules; I think that I can give you some links to where you can expand about those rules if you wish so.. we are in internet times that it makes little sense to not to exploit online info, when available

- some 5-7 lessons focused on learning about conversational Italian

- 1 or 2 mid term tests and a final exam

I think we can work mainly on simple texts of your choice that you can submit and that I will help correct and thus do a sort of practical learning

This is just an idea, I'm sure it will develop step by step as we advance further in the course.

Now, let me make a couple of considerations: we live in a time where automatic translation is a thing since long, there are apps that can actually translate any sentence live and even speak them... Google translator is one of the most used features, worldwide. That means that for you it would be easy to use translators to put out a reasonably well written text in Italian (and in the future I would suggest you to use a similar feature to double check your Italian texts, but only after this course has ended, ok? ) but that won't certainly help you in learning something new (also, while very good, those apps and features are still far from being perfect): for this reason I suggest you to stay away from them as much as possible, unless I invite you to use some (and I might will, especially on the side of apps for smartphones).

Also, I've plenty of material on paper, but it won't help us much here and copying it manually would be a nightmare to me (that's the same story since when they banned slavery, dammit!) so I will of course source a lot from the net, in particular videos from Youtube. I've also found a nice and reasonably well structures source of free material, that I will be using extensively.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Lesson Number 1 has been posted!

Remember to subscribe to this thread!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

So to be sure, please notice that there are some homework to be done re lesson 4.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    So to be sure, please notice that there are some homework to be done re lesson 4.

please everybody remember that there are some homework connected with lesson 4; while I'm not requesting you to do them before lesson 5 is out, it would be advisable to do so, in order to avoid piling up more stuff do to after the next lessons will be out.

As I said in the chat thread, I'm expecting to post lesson 5 by the end of this week or early next week.

Blog Entries

Lesson number 5 is up!

Next lesson is planned in 2 weeks from today.

Blog Entries

I've included some homework at the end of Lesson Number 5.

Not all the material in the lesson is included in the excercises, because second part is more on a B1 level rather than a A(1 or 2) one.

Blog Entries

I've included some homework at the end of Lesson Number 5.

Not all the material in the lesson is included in the excercises, because second part is more on a B1 level rather than a A(1 or 2) one.
    ok people so don't forget that there are those exercises to do, since I'm going to post a new lesson this week. Also, AFAIK, some of you hasn't sent me yet the homework for lesson 4. While I don't want to stress anyone, I'm afraid that if too much work will pile up, someone might decide to give up because of that, which is something I would hate to see happening... so please do not neglect the exercises, because they are useful for you to learn in any case.

Next lesson will be just some videos, so it will be relaxing in any case

Blog Entries

I've just posted a Special lesson!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

So fellas, it has been a month since I posted lesson 6 and holidays are over.

Next week I will post lesson number 7, so please in the meanwhile do you homework if you haven't yet!

Blog Entries

So fellas, it has been a month since I posted lesson 6 and holidays are over.

Next week I will post lesson number 7, so please in the meanwhile do you homework if you haven't yet!
    Le bump

I'll be posting the next lesson by the end of this week

Blog Entries

Lesson number 7 has been posted!

Also, please have a look at the Chat thread.

Blog Entries

Bump. A reminder, some of you lads still have to send me the homework for the last 2 lessons. I'm planning to post lesson number 8 around mid February

Blog Entries

Bump. A reminder, some of you lads still have to send me the homework for the last 2 lessons. I'm planning to post lesson number 8 around mid February
    And here it is, Lesson number 8 is up!

Blog Entries

It's been one month, time for Lesson number 9.

Blog Entries

Ok so, as I mentioned already there's gonna be just another lesson, two of them at the most. I'm quite busy RN, so I will take a longer gap before I'll post lesson number 10.

This is a good chance for those of you who have fallen behind with the homework and still wanted to finish the course to have time to make them; after lesson 10 (and 11, maybe) I will just move on with the final "exam".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast