Thread: An alternative to the old city view

Default An alternative to the old city view

Anyone miss the old city view in EB1 where you could go into any of your cities and see them populated?

I have a suggestion that may be slightly controversial.

Assassin's Creed Origins has a Discovery Mode where you can visit Alexandria and many of the surrounding locales.
    It was created in conjunction with historians and has received a lot of praise by Egyptologists.

I was stunned at the level of detail recreated - you can go to the Sarapeion (Sarapis temple), the Library of Alexandria, the Lighthouse all controlling a character or even in first-person. A lot of effort has been made to make the city (at the time of Caesar) Hellenistic and showcase the mix of Greek, Macedonian and Egyptian cultures, from dyes displayed to earthy painted statues.

If you wanted to see the inside of a late Hellenistic period city I highly suggest to dispel any notion of the Assassins franchise and give it a try. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Default Re: An alternative to the old city view

Seconded with pleasure! The city view of the and remaster versions of RTW was one of the advantages that Medieval 2 sadly did away with . I always spent a few moments of every EB1 playthrough just to appreciate the city details.

And speaking of discovery mode:

Invicta made a playlist of these discovery modes for both AC Origins and AC Odyssey.

Here is one of the videos on that list:

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu