Thread: Boii Colonization

Default Boii Colonization

I horded and migrated to rome. Made Rome my capital along with Arretium and Capua. I get the notification that I can establish colonies, but I cannot find the option anywhere. I have migration governments on Arretium and Capua with Rome only having a protectorate as the sole option. How do I build colony buildings?

Default Re: Boii Colonization

Have you destroyed the Roman colony buildings? Their existence might prevent building the colony.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Have you destroyed the Roman colony buildings? Their existence might prevent building the colony.
    There is nothing there as far as I know. Maybe I dont have any colony points despite the advisor saying I do?

https://imgur.com/a/v0T2fmz

Has the culture of all the mentioned cities reached 25% Western Tribal States?
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    Has the culture of all the mentioned cities reached 25% Western Tribal States?
    Yes.
    https://imgur.com/a/O86C7pD

I took a look at the building files and found that Boii colonies cannot be built in any location in Italia south of Felsina.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

I took a look at the building files and found that Boii colonies cannot be built in any location in Italia south of Felsina.
    Ahh okay. I also read in the guide or somewhere that colonies cant be built in Boii homeland provinces. So which provinces are considered Boii homeland and knowing that, where can I put up colonies?

Quote Originally Posted by sashar View Post
    Ahh okay. I also read in the guide or somewhere that colonies cant be built in Boii homeland provinces. So which provinces are considered Boii homeland and knowing that, where can I put up colonies?
    Ok, according to the script, the locations are as follows:

As you can see, most of Italia bar the majority of the Adriatic coast is not present.

Hope this helps.
    - Sun Tzu

As you can see, most of Italia bar the majority of the Adriatic coast is not present.

Hope this helps.
    thank you so much

Hope this helps.
    They really should put this in guide to make empire building strategy making more clear and easier. Thanks for posting this!

Hope this helps.
    Is there any chance you have a similar map for Greek colonies? Or do the Greeks not have such limitations? Thanks for all the helpful answer you provide, but to myself, and others.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Time to colonize India as the Boii
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Time to colonize India as the Boii
    Whelp, time to entertain the thought of a bunch of shirtless, trousers wearing mountainmen getting tans for days and excerting bucketloads of healthy perspiration out in the sun ridden and mosquito infested forests of the far Indus.
    - Sun Tzu

one strange thing i noticed, is that on the map Zemegordah painted as possible colony place, yet if you capture that province, and read its description, it points that only allied democracy/oligarchy government can be built there, because people of the region fierce freedom fighters, i tried to conquer this region in the version 2.35A as KB, and despite the fact that i head Living Legend FL, with a lot of unrest decreasing traits, province kept rebelling no matter what, until i established aformentioned govs. The question is it, oversight ? feature intended for Boii ? or something changed since then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartocos Leukonovich View Post
    one strange thing i noticed, is that on the map Zemegordah painted as possible colony place, yet if you capture that province, and read its description, it points that only allied democracy/oligarchy government can be built there, because people of the region fierce freedom fighters, i tried to conquer this region in the version 2.35A as KB, and despite the fact that i head Living Legend FL, with a lot of unrest decreasing traits, province kept rebelling no matter what, until i established aformentioned govs. The question is it, oversight ? feature intended for Boii ? or something changed since then ?
    is Zemegordah a camp? If so, I'm afraid no colony can be built, Boii Colonies can only be built in settlements, not camps if memory serves me well...
    - Sun Tzu

are you talking about colony building or colony gov? colony gov can be built in camps, i built it in Delminion.

Migration government. Then I'll have to look into it then.

EDIT:

Can you please confirm that you have colony points by checking a settlement with migration but with no Boii colony? If that is not possible, demolish the colony in one of your settlements with a Boii colony already inside and then check the building browser (Make sure to make a savepoint before doing so!). As far as I can see, Zemegordah fits the criteria for the map I put up (It fits under the appropriate hidden resoruce (forested)).

If the Boii Colony appears in the building browser, then you have points, the building will not appear in the building browser if you do not have colony points.
    Last edited by realm56; October 23, 2021 at 11:24 AM.
    - Sun Tzu

I will try with Zemegordah, and revert back. I knew about Boii colony building, not showing up while there are no free colony points, however can you please clarify, why in Arretium Migration government can be built, but colony building not ? It seems to me, that region is not supposed to have migration gov, only protectorate, so oversight maybe ? And, while we are at Zemegordah subject, it is Nomadic region, my understanding was, that you can build migration gov, and colony, only in towns. Does it mean that in camps, and nomadic regions you can built both gov, and colony ?