View Poll Results: Why don't you participate in the Curia?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do, dude

13 37.14%
  • I'm not a citizen

8 22.86%
  • I don't know what the Curia is

4 11.43%
  • Drama

2 5.71%
  • Disinterest

6 17.14%
  • Something else (please specify on the poll thread)

2 5.71%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why don't you participate in the Curia?

Default Re: Why don't you participate in the Curia?

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    I can contribute and will contribute to the site even without being citizen.

I don't need some virtual pixels as motiviation. In fact i'm more the opinion the whole citizenship stuff is contraproductive, it has created a elitist subgroup, which doesn't behave better than non citizens, but is demanding to have more influence on the site business and it has created a biggus dickus contest around power and influence in some virtual curial offices.

So no i don't need that.
    I wouldn't say citizenship is an "motivation" rather than a reward for activity. It was never envisioned to be an exclusive group. it was meant to reward those that contributed to the site by increasing your stakeholder status. Once upon a time, a member could simply post that they would like to be considered. The group would vote yes/ no. later, you posted looking for a patron. It balloon from there. It is an uphill battle to restore it to its original intent. The Curia was just meant to be a way for the citizens to share their input with the admin. If Boris made any errors implementation, it was the use of the term, "Government." and later the term "Constitution." It suggested that the purpose was to "make changes' rather than be a means in which to get input.

All of this being said, and you are exactly right. It has become exclusive. It has antagonized the admin, rather than work with it. It herald its own elitism, but refused to hold itself to standards, opting instead to tribalism creating a hostile environment for any input from any members. if I was joining today, and I looked at what has transpired, I would run away. The most critical comments is that very few "active curist" bother to even patronize anyone. it is not surprising that no one "outside of the Curia" bothers.

If you want an education, go back to 2003-2004 and read the minimal comments made. Then go to 2005 and read the simple paragraphs share by applicants. It is an eye opener for it once was and what it has become. We are lost and most are oblivious to it.

Default Re: Why don't you participate in the Curia?

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    I can contribute and will contribute to the site even without being citizen.

I don't need some virtual pixels as motiviation. In fact i'm more the opinion the whole citizenship stuff is contraproductive, it has created a elitist subgroup, which doesn't behave better than non citizens, but is demanding to have more influence on the site business and it has created a biggus dickus contest around power and influence in some virtual curial offices.

So no i don't need that.
    Well said!

Voted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12