View Poll Results: Shall Gyrosmeister recieve his Artifex?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [Artifex] Gyrosmeister (Patron: Akar)

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default [Artifex] Gyrosmeister (Patron: Akar)

Akar's schtick
    Well, "esteemed" members of the Curia, it's been a little while since I last brought forth someone for Citizenship but I figured what better time than now during this unprecedented award flinging festival and what better person than Gyromeister? Despite having only 180 posts, Gyros contributions to TWC have been extensive. Gyro was first brought to my attention last year as a possible candidate for citizenship due to his stellar work as a member of modding staff and his incredibly impressive and extensive overhaul of the Wrath of Sparta campaign DLC. Which, as he'll tell you below, was eventually given the great honor of being one of TWC's hosted modifications. And lets not forget his runner up victory in the 2018 modding awards where he was chosen as one of TWC favorite new modders.

With all of that out of the way, lets hear what Gyrosmeister has to say.

(P.S, as is traditional with House of Hader applicants, Gyro has been forced to include photographic evidence of having previously possessed an animal. What better sign of good character than owning a dog? Why, even Hitler owned dogs!)

Gyro's bit
    Dear chaps of the Curia,

as probably you would guess from the title of this thread, I am here for the admission to the Artifex rank.

I started with experiments in modding back in the summer on 2016 when I got myself Rome II. The reason for starting is because I wanted to remove the celtic swords from the model of the Greek Thorax Swordsmen. From that I learned how to create custom units, and after learning startpos modding in early 2017 I released my first big mod, the Last Stand of Greece, transforming Wrath of Sparta into the 4th Macedonian and the Achaian War in April 2017. Some time after release, I brought the mod into TWC, and this is basically where my activity in TWC begins, bringing the mod into TWC (even if I can't find the original thread -if it still exists- given that it was moved more than once). From April till December of that year I continuously supported the mod. In late 2017, CA released their Empire Divided DLC, and since it was clear that many mods wouldn't be ported over, I created a second version for the latest patch, while leaving the older one available as a "legacy version". The newer version was eventually brought over to the latest Patch 20. It was supported till June of 2019, receiving 6 major updated and various smaller ones. A big TWC Milestone came in that time period, as in November of 2018, it received its dedicated section the hosted mods of TWC.

In that time period, I also released a minor mod to go along the Rise of the Republic DLC, adding 7 Etruscan shield patterns in order to replace the bland and inaccurate Hellenic ones that CA had given them.
    After Last Stand of Greece, I continued my modding journey by announcing a 2nd Wrath of Sparta overhaul (yes, I suppose my affinity for that map is clear), Demetrios Poliorketes, focusing on the Diadochoi conflicts of the 3rd century that took place around the Aegean. This time I was more ambitious with the mod, and using the lessons learned from my work on Last Stand of Greece, I aimed to deliver an even better experience. After over a year of on and off development I released it in October of 2020. One major update was published in February of this year, with another one currently in the works, aiming for a release sometime in this years Autumn.

Outside of modding myself, I also served in the Modding Staff from its inception till June of 2019 while it was still in its trial phase. There I tried my best to help other modders with various questions and issues in the Rome II modding forums. Additionally I have published 3 tutorials, one showing how to add custom Hoplite shield patterns, the other two being more focused into the campaign modding (where I have spent most of my modding work ), showing how to work with the family tree and mercenaries.

So here a list of everything I described above:
    Scenario Overhauls: Last Stand of Greece and Demetrios Poliorketes
    Etruscan Shield Patterns
    Hoplite Shield Pattern Tutorial
    Mercenary Tutorial
    Family Tree Tutorial

Also, keeping up with tradition, here is a picture of Hera (named after the Goddess). She left this world sadly 4 years ago, but like her namesake, she is watching from above.

Recommendations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage
    He's clever, he's nice, he's dedicated and he has developed high modding skills (mod planning/history knowledge/db/startpos/lua/2d stuff)
    100% recommended

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: [Artifex] Gyrosmeister

I am a simple man, I see shawarma, I SUPPORT
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

"The reason for starting is because I wanted to remove the celtic swords from the model of the Greek Thorax Swordsmen" - that's probably as good as my excuse (putting watch towers on the Balearic islands in R1)

And I do remember him being around in the modding staff and attending to the R2 forum questions. Going by all the other 'minor' work and tutorials, and still at it, I have no doubt that he is a worthy addition as artifex even though he is a dog person.

Supported.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I'm impressed with his modding, the time he's put into explaining the changes, his tutorials and his encouragement of other modders.

This has my support too.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Good to See him brought here (so I don't have to do it).

I like his work and I like his humor.

I fully support Gyrosmeister for Großgyrosmeister err Artifex.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Obvious yes is yes, an excellent modder that deserves the badge
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Support.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Poll added.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Voted in support

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Magistrate

Voted!

I'm a bit late, but I SUPPORT and I voted.