Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Startpos Submodding Kit Files

Icon1 Startpos Submodding Kit Files

In order to create your own startpos files, you need the assembly kit for Rome 2. Please note these files are just to create the startpos not to use to play the game.
    1) Download the following files:
    Kit Files - https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Oa...ew?usp=sharing
    Build Pack - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hpOJuI4jCZAcTEv0tHC0znRpGBszk0Li/view?usp=sharing
    2) Unpack the kit files into the assembly kit directory under raw data. This is usually something like Total War Rome II/assembly_kit/raw_data. You will be prompted to overwrite, say yes. You are overwriting both the /db/ and /EmpireDesignData/ folders. If you have other work you are doing, you should backup these folders first.
    3) Place the build pack in your Rome 2 data directory.
    4) Make any changes you want to in the kit files. Make sure they are also reflected in the build pack if you add new features.
    5) Export the startpos using BOB to compile it as you normally would.
    6) In the startpos you have to manually change this value to True to get buildings to show up in the tech tree:
    Last edited by Dresden; April 29, 2022 at 06:51 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Beta] Revised Grand Campaign & Startpos Submodding

Return of the Roman Families
    what exactly is meant by that?

Its pretty self explanatory. Rome's political parties are now families again.

and a temple of apollo perhaps? can i dream?

Updated with various fixes.

Also updated the build packs/kit files and added a step that I forgot to instructions for building a startpos.

Excellent work Dresden. Very excited about this.

Although I am just a beginner modder (but a seasoned DeI player) , I am very excited for this

Dresden, I noticed the file included the normal forum_building tables as well, can you tell me which building effects were added/modified?

Some upcoming changes in a fix pack (changed slave buildings to building cost reduction instead of affecting the edict for that) and changed the region line of sight extension to the version that can be seen rather than hidden

rom_region_line_of_sight_extension_seen

So nothing major I think. I would have to recheck to be sure.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Giving every faction a barracks at the start sounds like a smart way to increase the challenge in the early campaign.

I'm wondering about the new secession factions - have you added secession factions for nations which didn't have them, did you add extra ones to the same nation, so a nation have more than one secession faction at the same time? In vanilla, at least, it seems strange to me that a large empire only divides into two - the player's side and the secessionists - when Alexander's empire has been divided into four at the start of the grand campaign, and the Roman empire has been divided into several factions in both Imperator Augustus and Empire Divided.

Hi! In the "__Factions_DeI" table of submod "Divide et Impera - Revised Grand Campaign Beta" who are "Tulungi" ("facts_screen_adjective_dei_tulingi"; "factions_screen_name_dei_tulingi") и "Peramene Nobles" ("factions_screen_name_rom_pergamon_secession")? Or is this a mistake in writing the Tuling tribe - "Tulingi" and the Pergamon nobility - "Pergamon Nobles"?

Hi! Why don't wonders appear in the game for Egypt and the Seleucids (new campaigns) when using the "Divide et Impera - Revised Grand Campaign Beta" submod, as in the screenshots in the Steam?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My order of loading in the Mod Manager /launcher of the game:
    "Divide et Impera - Revised Grand Campaign Beta" (Steam);
    mods/submods to DEI;
    Parts 1 and 2 DeI with TWC;
    Russian_local_of_DeI;
    other mods/submods to DEI;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What's wrong with the loading?

Привет. Я заранее приношу извинения за свой английский. Когда вы играете за Рим, после захвата Сиракуз, по какой - то причине война с Карфагеном не начинается, "Divide et Impera- Пересмотренная бета-версия Великой кампании" загружается перед основными частями DeI. Объясните, это какая-то ошибка, или это так задумано модом?

Hello, I just wanted to ask a quick question on behalf of someone on reddit who doesn't post here - namely, if a given historical family character dies prematurely from RNG (they gave the example of Hamilcar Barqa dying at age 7), does that mean that their descendants, EG Hannibal, will never be available? Thanks in advance.

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Been waiting for a revised startpos for years - since they first released the family tree updates for Rome 2. So excited to see this, and thank you for putting in all the hours to figure this out. Awesome work!

Привет. Я заранее приношу извинения за свой английский. Когда играешь за Рим, после взятия Сиракуз война с Карфагеном не начинается, "Divide et Impera - Пересмотренная бета-версия Великой кампании" загружается перед основными частями DeI. Объясните, может быть, это вызвано модом, может быть, это специально? Или это все еще какая-то ошибка?

Quote Originally Posted by 113 View Post
    Привет. Я заранее приношу извинения за свой английский. Когда вы играете за Рим, после захвата Сиракуз, по какой - то причине война с Карфагеном не начинается, "Divide et Impera- Пересмотренная бета-версия Великой кампании" загружается перед основными частями DeI. Объясните, это какая-то ошибка, или это так задумано модом?

Ухудшение отношений, не обязательно вступление в войну с Карфагеном

From testing I can say that it seems to work fine so far.
    There may be some inconsistencies when it comes to the names of the families. Not sure.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; December 25, 2021 at 06:34 PM.

Hi everyone! The table "__Factions_DeI" has a small typo in the line ""facts_attack_desc_dei_extra_faction_2 ""Pontic PiratesYou are attacking the"" - must be "You are attacking the Pontic Pirates."

Some (or all) of the new dei_ factions don't have text descriptions in the db yet. They show up with blank names in the campaign. See for instance dei_corieltauvi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast