Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Version 2.0 Release

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Version 2.0 Release

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    The problem is that most people aren't having that experience at all. So it's very hard to figure out what is happening.

Hrobatos, one of our team members experienced a similar increase in CTDs after 1.5 whereas the rest of testers never experienced them.

I found similar threads from other mods in relation to why save games could get corrupted:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rupt-savegames

This post right here talks about corruption of save games:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post14035263

Are you by any chance saving in the pre-battle screen?
    No, I have never saved on pre-battle in this campaign, and I am using the proscribed method of launching the mod on steam

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Altough after I started launching the mod trough steam I did not faced any more issues. My problem was that all saves would become corrupted.

What does hotfix do? I've downloaded the mod from the moddb on 18th of October and have started the campaign. Has the hotfix been included into the main mod file on the moddb, and if not will the lack of the hotfix cause CTDs to my current campaign? Thanks in the advance!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

The hotfix refers to a previos version. The moddb download includes the hotfix and is the latest version. Its the only version of the mod available for download.

So you are all good!

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No the hotfix is for this version

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    No the hotfix is for this version
    Wait what? I am confused now. isn't the hotfix included in the latest version of the mod folder?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I made it after the upload when one of the users pinpointed the possible cause of crashes due to the Ottoman expansion scripts. I have added additional safety lines

I just realised that you edited the first page of the thread and added that hotfix there. I did not know that. Ok, this changes things. I need to update the text on moddb to reflect this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    I made it after the upload when one of the users pinpointed the possible cause of crashes due to the Ottoman expansion scripts. I have added additional safety lines
    Damn. Oh, well I wait then since there might be additional hotfixes coming.

Hello.
    Your mod is awesome and one of the best for my beloved MTW2 very fine but it does not work great at least for me. I started playing with the Byzantines/Kantakuzinoi and it gave me a CTD in my second turn. With the message "Sorry something hapend and stuff" so i don't know if this was a random CTD or i can continue from there or that i would give me CTD all the time. I have the mod with steam, i have aplyed the first hot fix and the second you aded later one i have wrote the lines in steam and my rig is an I\7 8700K 3,6 6 Cores, 16 GB DDR4 and Nvidia 2060 RTX Super 8GB and i play this and all of the games 4K and i don't have problems with my other games playing Very High settings and some Ultra where i can and with Win10x64! So any solution and newest Hofxix or something i really would love to play this outstanding mod of yours but to work properly and stuff and sorry for my not so perfect English!????

Hi,

usually crashes happen if you don't use the so called 4gb patch... It's free software that allows for MTWII to use 4gb ram instead of 2. Try googling it, it's forbidden to talk about more on the forums.

When I play as Albania the game crashes after some seconds in a battle but the same is not the case with other countrys. I tested one small battle as Austria and a single siege as the Ottomans and no crashes happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Questions View Post
    When I play as Albania the game crashes after some seconds in a battle but the same is not the case with other countrys. I tested one small battle as Austria and a single siege as the Ottomans and no crashes happened.
    Can you please upload your log after a crash? There might be an issue with an Albanian unit

BagaturSasha's Avatar Invictus
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Really creative mod with huge historical base! as i said in other platforms, its a master piece!

Leader of the "Creative flame" studio.
    Author of the book "Legends of Moon Landscape"
    also author of the books "Fly", "Volcanorium" and other works too. Mostly specialized on fantasy.

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...r:BagaturSasha
    My Wiki page
    --

Thanks for the quick respond i am gonna try it!�� No it did not help! Now it stucked to the loading siege screen when it loaded for a siege the Serbs started to a town of mine!! So its uneplayble at least for me and i am gonna await for new hot fix and stuff to bad because i really like it!!?������
    Last edited by Basil the Second; October 30, 2021 at 04:59 PM.

I checked the spot where the crash log should be but it was empty. I then tried to replicate the crashes again but instead of attacking the Serbian army south I just attacked north and it didnt crash. Seeing how every nation works normally and how just attacking in another direction didnt cause a crash I am just gonna count it as a random windows 10 related crash and not the mods fault and apologize for the false report.

I am even more convinced that the Papacy should be neutered into the vanilla Papacy, that is this soft overreaching power, the way Papacy is now basically means this : All Italian factions are excommunicated and there will be constant Crusades against them. That's cause its acting like a "normal faction", its constantly at war with other Italian Factions, which causes all this trouble. Its just not very immersive to have constant Crusades at Italy.

I think crusades are going to be removed in the next version. They are really annoying and the crusade mechanic just doesn't fit with the game. As Ottomans as soon as i conquered Smyrna i got a crusade there, and every single nation had the manpower to have 1-2 stacks march across the world to besiege the city. Not very realistic at all. Especially since the crusade was called again the second i re-conquered the city. So annoying

Is there a way to trigger crusades when specific milestones are reached? Such as any Turkish faction takes Constantinople or any other city?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Is there a way to trigger crusades when specific milestones are reached? Such as any Turkish faction takes Constantinople or any other city?
    Most things for crusades are hardcoded. There is a list of settlements which are crusade targets. This can be changed and we do have Constantinople on it. There are a few other settlements on the list as well. But it's not based on faction but on religion. So basically if a target settlements is not owned by a Greek Orthodox or by a Catholic faction than a crusade is triggered.

The first thing I would do is perhaps remove from the Crusading list all settlements except Constantinople.

However, I have noticed that if a faction is excommunicated then the AI launches crusade on them even if their settlements are not on the target list.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast