Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Version 2.0 Release

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Version 2.0 Release

Quote Originally Posted by Ulvar View Post
    Congratulations with 2.0 release! Amaizing job as usual guys.
    seconded. thanks everyone, cant wait to try it!

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by redin5ide.82 View Post
    Maybe problem was I was trying for error to transfer to the guys who was already hair apparent.
    No I tried giving it to the heir Jan Jindrich first and it worked normally

Amazing!

I'll try the version as soon as I can, great job!

redin5ide.82's Avatar Foederatus

That's quite odd! Gonna try it again. Have a fresh install of everything, I'm quite use to install mods for Med II so I dont't thing there's something wrong there but let's see

Restarted my campaign with the script file on. The game is so much better and rebels don t multiply anymore. Looks lovely

Just wanted to report a new bug with this version, you can no longer merge fleets, only way to add ships in a fleet is to take it to dock. it's extremely annoying.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Its because of admiral traits which had been added

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah the maritime factions get command at sea bonuses from vtheir ethnic traits which means that the character is counted by the game as an admiral and cannot be merged with other fleets. Though the thing is that the ethnic traits have been around since 1.5 version

can i suggest a limit on a number of spies that can be recruited from one town? similar to merchants: 1 agent per settlement with the right building. otherwise it leads to spy spam in both single player and hotseat campaigns.
    not sure if the assassins can likewise be spammed, but if they do it may lead to assassination fest like in earlier versions of EBII, which wasnt much fun.

Ok at least you seem to know what it is, guess it's not a bug. I have played lots of hours in the 1.5 version back in July, and I could have sworn I could merge fleets before any of them took part in battle, other wise I would have mentioned this before. So you are saying now every ship that spawns spawns with an admiral that cannot be linked up? Even though me playing as roman i noticed my admirals dont get any of the traits you mention since its not a maritime republic. I also noticed because of this change you made it also affected the ai it has spammed way more tiny fleets than before. Like all of my agean is filled with lots of venetian genoese knights of rhodes and naples tiny fleets, often ganging up en masse in some corner. I think now game has more nation fleets than rebels/pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    can i suggest a limit on a number of spies that can be recruited from one town? similar to merchants: 1 agent per settlement with the right building. otherwise it leads to spy spam in both single player and hotseat campaigns.
    not sure if the assassins can likewise be spammed, but if they do it may lead to assassination fest like in earlier versions of EBII, which wasnt much fun.
    Agents of all kinds, spies, assassins, priests, diplomats have always been affected by the number of settlements you own with their spawn building you own or have built. You say limit agents per 1 per settlement but that is already what has always existed for medieval 2. I'm not a modder but to limit agents in medieval 2 might be impossible but there might be mods out there which might have manged it. It would mean to script some settlements being allowed to spawn agents with the appropriate building while prohibiting others. This would make it both unfair and unfeasable. I never played medieval 2 as in multiplayer. Maybe set some rules with your buddies on how many agents each person is allowed to have.

Default Re: Dev Information - Campaign Mod Folder

Really nice mod. I'd never played it before and with the 2.0 release, I thought I'd give it a try; not disappointed at all of this masterpiece. Just one thing, the music and native lang submods mess up the sounds of the game and don't work as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by oorestis View Post
    Agents of all kinds, spies, assassins, priests, diplomats have always been affected by the number of settlements you own with their spawn building you own or have built. You say limit agents per 1 per settlement but that is already what has always existed for medieval 2. I'm not a modder but to limit agents in medieval 2 might be impossible but there might be mods out there which might have manged it. It would mean to script some settlements being allowed to spawn agents with the appropriate building while prohibiting others. This would make it both unfair and unfeasable. I never played medieval 2 as in multiplayer. Maybe set some rules with your buddies on how many agents each person is allowed to have.
    thats not how it works for spies (havent checked the assassins). i play as Florence and built brothel therein that can recruit spies in Florence every turn. I am now up to 3 settlements in total, having conquered Sienna, but have 4 spies with the 5th ready to be recruited. it is still only Florence that can train spies but i have more spies that settlements, let alone settlement that can actually train them. if AI recruits at the same rate it leads to agent spam, extremely tedious to deal with.

Yes agents should be limited. Merchants should be at max 6 for the factions that have those.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Not sure if it's actually possible to limit the number of agents. Jurcek will need to confirm. What we could do is limit their recruitment to capitals and perhaps increase their price making them VERY expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Not sure if it's actually possible to limit the number of agents. Jurcek will need to confirm. What we could do is limit their recruitment to capitals and perhaps increase their price making them VERY expensive.
    thanks for looking into it. EBII had this issue with assassins. one solution was to move their recruitment up a level, to a higher tier of building in that chain iirc. im not sure how EB manages agents limit but they are restricted to 1 spy/assassin to a city that has the infrastructure to train them. i think merchants are managed similarly in Tsardoms, so it is a matter of applying the same method to the spies so that there isn't an issue with a single city able to churn them out in what seems to be a limitless amount.

btw, can you lift the corruption script to 100k? 30,000 seems very petty and it hits you in the early game as well, which isnt great imo. would be better to reserve this feature to close to mid-game imho, to both keep the game spicy but also let player spread his wings a little before penalising him/her.

I still can't believe we live in the time of Tsardoms 2.0. Makes my heart warm you guys got the damn thing done.

As for the admirals, guess I'm stuck right, we can no longer merge fleets? unless there is a trick thats part of the mod I might have missed

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by oorestis View Post
    As for the admirals, guess I'm stuck right, we can no longer merge fleets? unless there is a trick thats part of the mod I might have missed
    yes you can merge fleets but only if the admirals don't have traits or stars. if there are 2 different fleets which have admirals with stars or traits you can still merge them but you will have to leave 2 fleets at the end. so you can move ships around but at the end you still need to leave 2 fleets.

so for example, you have a fleet of 5 ships and another fleet of 4 ships. you merge them and end up with a fleet of 8 ships and a fleet of 1 ship. or you can go to harbour

check this out:
    http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/f...,5340,3540,all

this is standard in medieval 2. but perhaps its more noticeable now as we have more admiral traits possibly

Btw i can't download the mod because google says too many people downloaded it already. Don't know if i should be happy or sad about it

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast