Thread: Princes, Kings and Heroes

Default Princes, Kings and Heroes

Just realised there is now a WIPS Remastered Mod thread forum... so thought I'd get in first!

PKH is migrating to Rome Remastered for its first release, which will be a simplified version grouping the various barons and families into factions such as the Welsh Marcher Lords. Hopefully this will resolve some of the issues that were bogging down our M2TW attempts!

Wilddog has been developing IWTE to generate new meshes and textures for the RR 3D maps, and we're currently experimenting with some refinements to cliffs and adjacent sea areas.

There's been some basic de-romanising of the UI done, and new RTW style faction icons by Kurdish Nomad:

The WIP IWTE process is adding some interesting 'normal' texturing to mountains that wasn't possible in M2.

The ability to see through the sea in RR is really nice (though the depths and my 3d frame need some tweaking)

Instead of the high definition '3d effect' loading and splash screens we're going back to our old sepia/sketch/parchment type styles:

Default Re: Princes, Kings and Heroes

After a complete failure to get preview pics to work yesterday, I've now added pics to the OP!

This looks cool. I never heard of the mod before so could you give a basic run down on what it has specifically and what is changing due to it's move to RR?

The UI looks really nice. Seriously, I know the old Rome/Med UI used to have space for all those intricate details and extra UI decorations with swords, horns and everything on it, but at the same time the new UI allows for some nice "clear" design and aesthetic behind it. Makes me wonder though how it's going to work with UI overhaul mods, in theory (as long as the mod in question doesn't really touch sizes/positions) it should be fine. But I wonder in practice, because some graphics/backgrounds are definitely changed here. Hopefully both are always fully or almost agreeable and weird-graphical-issues-free because, for example, I know how I approach this - I would hate to play anything on Remastered when no way to get rid of the vanilla UI design and make it better, I simply would have a HARD time to play and enjoy the mods

great to hear that it is coming to Rome Remastered.
    getting older

Nice to see others ideas with the incorporation of Lordship of the Isles, Lordship of Ireland, and Scots Nobles... Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Zantorian View Post
    Nice to see others ideas with the incorporation of Lordship of the Isles, Lordship of Ireland, and Scots Nobles... Well done!
    Thank you! We had some good advice on rationalising the faction set-up

@TesalionLortus -I'm not quite sure what you meant about UI overhaul mods. The position of UI elements in RR is theoretically moveable, but it is a huge pain to do! I think it was in M2/RTW as well. Identifying the parts and swapping the images to something more appropriate will definitely do for now!

@NostalgiaFan - I will try and do a more organised explanation and preview... but if you ever followed the old forum you'll realise I'm quite bad at getting round to publicity