Thread: Disease

Default Disease

As always, many thanks to everyone on the team for all their excellent work. I have really been enjoying 1.2.8 with one exception--the frequency and longevity of disease outbreaks in my armies. I am having outbreaks much more frequently and lasting much longer than in any previous campaigns, and these are happening regardless of the sanitation numbers in the provinces where they occur. In fact, I gave up on my first camapign (Bactria) because disease continued for over 20 turns. I could move the army to another province for a few turns and it would dissipate, but as soon as I moved it back to the province of the original outbreak it would start again and thus I could never move on toward my enemy's territory. In my current campaign (Seleucids) disease outbreaks commonly last 5 turns or more and typically hit half or more of my armies at any one time. The result of all this is that it really slows down or paralyzes my military campaigns as I usually don't like to go on the offensive with diseased troops. Again, this is mostly happening in provinces with good sanitation numbers.

I know how to manage disease and sanitation in my cities, but I am unaware of how to manage or prevent it among my troops. Is there something that I am missing? Failing that, are there any DEI submods that decrease disease?

Thanks in advance for any help!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Disease

This was not a disease as random ones were removed, simply you had no supplies. Lack of supplies has same visual effect as disease. Regions as Bactria are especially suspect to suffer from it. You just need to improve your supply chain.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Aha! Thansk very much, that must be it. I never had to worry about supplies when playing western factions, except for my navies, which gave a message that they were low on supplies when it happened.

I re-watched the supply guide on the DEI website, but I seem to have a problem getting the supply information to show. I mouse over the food number, as in the video, but it just reads "This is the amount of food..." I don't get the breakdown of food and supply numbers, expected consumption, and so on as shown in the video. When I mouse over the numbers for public order or banditry I do get the breakdown. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there some other way to find this information? Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    This was not a disease as random ones were removed, simply you had no supplies. Lack of supplies has same visual effect as disease. Regions as Bactria are especially suspect to suffer from it. You just need to improve your supply chain.

Foederatus

Since the new update, the supply information has been moved next to the population breakdown and population growth. It's the 3 small buttons on top of the regionoverview menu to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoten View Post
    Since the new update, the supply information has been moved next to the population breakdown and population growth. It's the 3 small buttons on top of the regionoverview menu to the right.
    Found it! Thank you very much indeed.