Thread: Are the Senate missions essential to accomplish them early in the campaign?

Default Are the Senate missions essential to accomplish them early in the campaign?

Speaking of the classic Total War Rome game:
    What do you do with the Senate missions early in the campaign? Do you prefer to ignore them in the early stage of the campaign? Or do you try to accomplish them all even in the early stage of the campaign? Sometimes it is not easy because some settlements the Senate asks you to take are a little distant from your starting position and you have no big armies yet. And you need them there in the area to defend ( specially if you play as the Julii ) against the Gauls for example.

I'm a little inexperienced in the game. So, what are the things you gain when you accomplish the Senate missions? Do you gain more political power?
    Last edited by twgamer20197; September 16, 2021 at 04:32 PM.

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Are the Senate missions essential to accomplish them early in the campaign?

The way I do it, and keep in mind I'm probably doing it wrong, is to only do those Senate missions that work for my own plans or have an award I want.

Default Re: Are the Senate missions essential to accomplish them early in the campaign?

As one of the loading screens says: It's not always in your best interest to do Senate missions. On the other hand, popularity with Senate increases chances for your family members to get elected to offices. These increase mainly Influence, maybe little Management (IIRC, it's been a while since I played as Roman).
    I would say in early game, try to get as many as possible. You have usually 10 turns to take a settlement which is more than enough to scout ahead if it is worthy and how big army you gonna need. What's not worthy is to begin a war with your main trading partner just because Senate wants blockade their port.
    Later in the game it will come a time that you would NOT want to do a Senate missions. You will know when you'll see it.