Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [AWARD] Withwnar for Legio 501st Modder (Gold)

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default [AWARD] Withwnar for Legio 501st Modder (Gold)

Esteemed fellow Citizens,

I come hither today to propose to you Withwnar for the Legio 501st Modder (Gold) Award.

In order to qualify for this award, one has to be: creating a detailed and original tutorial containing relevant media (screenshots, video, code snippets), releasing a minor mod involving at minimum a single modding section (units, scripting, mapping, animations, sounds, media) of work estimated to have taken more than 5 hours or a remarkable act that benefits TWC modding community.

Now, for those of us who are not familiar with Withwnars work. What did Withwnar do, in order to qualify for this little bling?

Aside from his continous and outstanding activity in the M2 Workshop, his ever helpful behavior and all his released mods? He created and published the following tutorials, tools and ressources:

- TW Map Reader
    - diplomacy_mission: how to use
    - Forced dimplomacy
    - Give a region to a faction via script
    - Unique Names (avoiding labels)
    - SoundExtractor 1.2
    - PercentageUniteAttribute log error filter
    - Faction destroyed event

and here I simply stop posting his further tutorials, tools and ressources, because there are so many, that this should suffice. If you want to check for more for yourself, simply visit his profile and search for threads started.

So, my esteemed fellow citizens, do you think Withwnar invested more than 5 hours?

Proposer: one too old for that
    Supporters: Jurand of Cracow, Gaius Baltar, Akar, Flinn
    Last edited by Aikanár; September 23, 2021 at 04:04 AM.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Default Re: [AWARD] Withwnar for Legio 501st Modder (Gold)

This post was made on purpose.

Wikis are like panthers. It's a good idea to feed them.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I do not believe this is one of the awards that the Curia is empowered to hand out.

The awards the Curia are empowered to hand out are listed in the Constitution,

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    I do not believe this is one of the awards that the Curia is empowered to hand out.

The awards the Curia are empowered to hand out are listed in the Constitution,

Why was it issued by the Curia the one time before?

Obviously, Hader and 17 more citizens deemed it to be absolutely within the remit of the Curia to decide to award it to Gigantus in 2019. What has changed since?
    Last edited by Aikanár; September 16, 2021 at 12:45 PM.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I do enthusiastically support. Withwnar is an exceptional modder, helping us all.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

There's clearly a problem of procedures here, pretty obvious someone forgot to update the constitution

My suggestion is that in the light of this, both this Award and Akar's thread will be closed, until it is clarified if this award is or not a Curial award and the Constitution amended accordingly, if that's the case
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

A very sensible suggestion, dude.

I can follow that.

Sir Consul, would you please put this proposal on hold until the necessary procedure is in place?

Also, I will refrain from proposing the next candidates until after the procedure is settled.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

If this procedure continues: Support
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Support.

A Silver Medal was awarded to Mortici Iunia Bruti earlier this year.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Medal-(Silver)

Yes, this is a Curial Award I remember the discussion for the creation of this medal.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Yes, this is a Curial Award I remember the discussion for the creation of this medal.
    For the record, just because something was done in the past doesn't mean it was done correctly or following procedure . But yes, Mak sent me the thread where these awards were amended into Curial Awards. It's curious that the const. was never properly updated with it, but no matter. We know the truth now and this is a valid curial award.

Sir Consul, would you please put this proposal on hold until the necessary procedure is in place?
    I can indeed. Do you want me to lock the thread or just hold off on moving forward to vote?

I personally don't see a benefit in locking this thread or the abolition thread, but I'll confer with my Censors about it. I think we're all on the same page here now though (thanks, Mak), and I don't think that restarting everything really serves to benefit anyone. We'll find out in a couple days whether or not the decision passes. I have no problem with this thread moving forward until we find out how the decision ends up, but still, let me know what you want done with this thread.

Blog Entries

While there's a fundamental procedural bug in both this and the abolition thread (due to the Constitution not being updated), since Mak has shown beyond doubt that those are Curial awards, I don't see the need anymore to lock or postpone either of the two. If the abolition passes, then this thread will become invalid, if not, it could be moved to vote accordingly to the usual procedure.

It also does not make sense to update the Constitution before the abolition vote ends, we just need to have a bit of patience, for once
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Cheers Akar. I think Flinn Sims up my sentiment on the matter. Also, since the award is valid and the description also, you could technically go with a minor formattive Change since the procedure would be similar to other curial awards. Well, that would be my suggestion anyways.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Very well! After much confusion things shall proceed as they are until the results of the abolition decision are in.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

As you mentioned previously Aik, this could go to pretty much every modder that ever released a, thing. If keeping the curia active and seemingly busy is the goal, fair enough. I imagine AL could automate this, given a list.

Blog Entries

So, according to the failed abolition poll, I think we can continue here.

Are the previous supporters still in support of Withwnar?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

we do.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Support.

Do you want this moved to voted, Aikanar?

Blog Entries

Support as well, Witty is a heck of a modder

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Support.

Do you want this moved to voted, Aikanar?
    Thank-you for asking. I would like to leave this open till saturday, so that people have time if anyobdy would like to rise a concern still (I doubt that) and then I would like to ask you to move it to vote on Sunday, if that is okay with you?

Cheers.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Absolutely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast